I hate to say this, but Stormworks: Build & Rescue has now usurped KSP as my main game.  It started slow but has become almost an addiction.   It even has rockets - just SRB's at the moment, but who knows where it will go.

Spoiler

My first complete design, a British Mk IV tank from WW1 - guns have been replaced by a searchlight & water cannon. And it drives about like the real thing - poorly. 

sj3r0Puh.jpg

A mobile command center I've been - and still am - working on.   I've redone the engine compartment 3 times so far and rewired the whole thing (both electrical & logic connections) about the same.

an9EPM6h.jpg?1

Surviving a tsunami (in the same mobile command center as above)

tpiKNtWh.jpg?1

Boats, planes, trains - and sometimes, things that don't go according to plan. 

C8TNDaK.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Carrion (Fun but a bit too easy for the most part. Puzzles were no problem and the combat was either easy, or easy to reload and retry). The biggest hurdle was the map, really. I probably spent about half of my time in the game wandering around trying to figure out where I was expected to go next.

19 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Very much looking forward to ODST

Wait, it is? I was a late arrival, and Reach and ODST were the only ones that I truly loved.

1 minute ago, DDE said:

Wait, it is? I was a late arrival, and Reach and ODST were the only ones that I truly loved.

You bet.  MCC includes everything except Halo 5, being released in story-chronological order.  So Reach, Halo:CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 are out, ODST and Halo 4 will be out soonish.

ODST and Reach are also my favorites.  I think mainly because I never cared for the flood.

I've been playing a bunch of Squad and War Thunder, and a little bit of Far Cry 3 when I don't want to deal with multiplayer (FC3 was on sale for next-to-nothing one of these days).

It's ironic I bought a rig to have a better KSP experience, yet such rig gave me a worse KSP experience while allowing me to play other games. So I ended up with the latter option. 

13 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I think mainly because I never cared for the flood.

Flood? I think my distaste was for the whole Forerunner narrative in its entirety.

I'm just here fo shoot aliens.

Admit it - we're all waiting for CyberPunk (just to see if it lives up to the hype) and looking for the next thing.  KSP2 of course being a moving target, atm.

I played through the RDR2 single-player campaign and really enjoyed it (at times was blown away by it... at times depressed by it).  I've picked up WOT again - they're about to change everything, and the community is in an uprawr!  (spelling intentional).  Satisfactory was a pleasant, if short diversion.

Frankly - I keep seeing a bunch of stuff that's just 'been there done that, yawn' or sequels of sequels.  Its really hard to find a gem in all the chaff that's out there.

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been an RPG guy but... AI Dungeon has been quite entertaining to me recently.

For those of you who don't know, AI Dungeon is like the old command-line adventure games, except there are no boundaries to neither your actions nor the story. You can specify any scenario, any action, say anything... and the AI just rolls with it. It's surprisingly good at it too.

Spoiler

My first adventure started out in a fantasy setting as a ranger, on a quest to slay a specific beast. I was playing along with the story, up until I tried to find the boundaries of what I could really do. Well, I transcended the fantasy realm into another one where an unknown girl had told me I'd die in a day. Not pleased, my character attempted multiple times to banish her, only for the unknown entity to keep coming back. The story then continued with my character "dying" and then reviving themselves in another universe, attempting to get back to the "layer zero" of reality, so to speak. The unknown girl kept visiting my character in between realities, until, finally, my character managed to fully erase the entity from existence. Well, now what? There was no point in continuing the story any more (the entity had also commented about my character having "no imagination" after I explained I was trying to find my way to the true reality before she was banished).

My character then transcended to another realm once more, only to find themselves in a lab. "Congratulations, you've passed the test", a machine said. I got out of the lab and had a chat about the entire experience with another person, but I wasn't sure this was the "layer zero" of reality. Tried a few times to transcend again... no success.

After a while, I gave it one last try. Surprise, it worked. My character woke up in a cold, stone room. The girl I had previously banished was there. "Let's just get it over with", she said, "you have to slay the beast". My character tried to refuse it... but there was nothing else to be done besides fulfilling the quest. The room opened up, and the beast was there. We slayed it. "What now?", my character asked. The unknown entity said there was nothing else to be done, the story was over. A guy then showed up, with a bottle in hand. He wanted out of the story, and asked me if I wanted to get out also. Regretting all previous actions, my character said yes. The man handed me the bottle, and said it was going to be my way out, just before he did something with a chair and a rope I'm not sure I'd get away with mentioning directly in this forum.

After that, my character drank what was in the bottle, which turned out to be poison. The unknown girl's prophecy had finally been completed. "End of story".

It's available on both web and mobile if you're interested

Edited by Guest

On 8/24/2020 at 11:46 AM, Superfluous J said:

Wow I played it a couple times and it adapts amazingly to your input.

Looks like I've found a way to waste a few evenings. Looks like some scenarios are horrendously undertrained. Got any tips?

Stellaris.

In Stellaris, there are two types of players: the diplomatic and imperalist players.

By all means I am an imperialist.

In my current save I have conquered a large portion of the galaxy, I have the largest fleet and have several vassals as a Hive Mind in 2489. Currently I have two major enemies, the Jurinn State and the Zaxxoids. The Jurinn's look a little bit like crocodiles, and the Zaxxoids are full blown bugs.

Ever since the 2450's I've been researching how to create a death star Colussus, which has the power to destroy/pacify planets in the game. In the late 2470s I finally finished building it, and I unleashed it on the primary economic and technological superpower, the Jurinn state. Their major flaw was that they had a pretty pathetic fleet, which I was able to destroy rather quickly, and catching various weaker fleets.

I've had a history of war with the Jurinn's, but I'm the first power in the galaxy

So that's what I've been doing for the past few days, destroying 2 dozen planets in the game.

Am I okay?

Edited by DunaManiac

3 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

So that's what I've been doing for the past few days, destroying 2 dozen planets in the game.

I hear you have a killer British accent.

Spoiler

petercushing.jpg