8 hours ago, DDE said:

Looks like I've found a way to waste a few evenings. Looks like some scenarios are horrendously undertrained. Got any tips?

There are some online. Besides being able to tell the AI to regenerate the last action and manually editing it, I've heard it helps to use the "story" function and type in third person instead of using "say" and "do" if it's not doing well. There's also ways to make the AI remember specific stuff and specify world info

On 8/26/2020 at 4:43 AM, Aperture Science said:

There are some online. Besides being able to tell the AI to regenerate the last action and manually editing it, I've heard it helps to use the "story" function and type in third person instead of using "say" and "do" if it's not doing well. There's also ways to make the AI remember specific stuff and specify world info

That's roughly how I do it now. I also found that the AI pretends to be the GM quite well... and is very intent on railroading you into a storyline (spent an hour as a knight trying to get the bailiff to just give me the bounty for the dragon - and not a comfy prisoner cell ...mind you, I had a sword and he did not). So I usually play in completely custom, essentially low-fantasy settings. Might try using the advanced scenario features now that I've bothered to set up an account...

I got Control just the other day since it was plastered all over Steam, on sale, and I'd been waiting for it to be available.

Runs mostly ok in Proton, a little stuttery but completely playable.

So far I'm enjoying it, although I think it's a little heavy on the cutscenes.

I don't know about everyone else, but I occasionally have a day or two where I suddenly want to pick up a game I haven't touched in a very long time, haven't even thought about in a very long time.

Yesterday, I had that with Planet Coaster. I was doing something completely unrelated and suddenly thought "You know what, you play that game again". The games deserves it, though. The art, the music, the design - pretty much everything about this game is just great.
And so the hours went by, and before I knew it it was 2:30 in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 4:09 PM, Geonovast said:

Also Halo 3 ODST came to the MCC yesterday, so I'll be running through that as well.

I'm waiting for the next big Steam sale. I'm not planning to pay the full price twice for the same games!

On 10/26/2020 at 4:34 PM, The_Arcitect said:

I have been replaying Fallout 4.

Here-here. Thought it'd help me get out of the lull after I dropped Bannerlord. Still a bit of a mess, and even a mildly specialized build seems to become less entertaining than the generic settlement-running soldier.

1 hour ago, DDE said:

I'm waiting for the next big Steam sale. I'm not planning to pay the full price twice for the same games!

How is it full price?  When I bought these games on the Xbox I paid $60 each.  MCC is six games for $40.

5 hours ago, DDE said:

Here-here. Thought it'd help me get out of the lull after I dropped Bannerlord. Still a bit of a mess, and even a mildly specialized build seems to become less entertaining than the generic settlement-running soldier.

On 10/26/2020 at 8:34 AM, The_Arcitect said:

I have been replaying Fallout 4.

My Short list Kerbal Space Program, KSP2, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, Fallout 4 along with any Expansion Packs for Them

I've been all-in for the past month or so on Stone Story RPG. It's got an amazing twist on the idle RPG genre in that you have a full* programming language to tell your guy what to do** and you really need to watch him and the bad guys so you can correctly code for all the possibilities. In addition to just the general game, the developer is actively adding "events" that encourage you to mix up your otherwise working code to adapt to the changing environment to gain the bonus goodies.

Oh and it's entirely ascii based and is some of the best animated ascii art I've ever encountered.

*The programming language is not entirely full. But it's pretty good and continually getting more features.

**Actually, what to equip. The character decides what to do based on that so you're more guiding him than telling him what to do.

Edited by Superfluous J

Spotted Stellaris going for 75% off on Steam a couple of days ago and decided it would be rude not to try it.

Futzed around with a few (now abandoned or on-hold) starts and am  progressing nicely in my first proper game. Not playing on iron man yet though, until I've got a proper handle on how the various game mechanics work.

I'm playing the United Nations of Humanity and currently enjoy excellent diplomatic, trade, and research ties with the nearest alien faction (peaceful scientific lizards). Once our ruling council have figured out a suitable political structure (i.e. once I've scraped up enough Unity points to unlock the Federations tradition), the Star League shall be founded!

Although, given the number of other sci-fi references crammed into the game, I fully expect Xur and the Ko-Dan armada to then show up. At which point the only winning strategy will be to find a primitive world, recruit their finest warriors, and use them as gunners aboard our most advanced starfighters.

Meanwhile, our Imperialist rivals (second Human faction) have illegally laid claim to one of our border systems. The 1st Fleet is en-route as a peacekeeping measure, whilst the shipyards are hard at work cranking out Katana II and Longbow class frigates (interceptors and missile boats respectively) for the 2nd Fleet. In the background, our R&D teams are working on a new, destroyer class ship chassis...

Checking the map, I see five Imperialist systems that could be usefully acquired. None of them are inhabited but they're all rich in resources. As a bonus, capturing those systems would shorten the Imperial border with our lizard friends, which should make them a bit happier.

Edited by KSK

• 3 weeks later...

Fallout 3 with no HUD. Immersive, no more supernatural situational awareness - what I see and hear is what I get. Can't tell a NPC is friendly unless it's obvious, have to rely on context to judge. Also removed the karma system, too black and white for my taste.

Overall it's been really really fun to play, much more than the vanilla experience. I've also added in a few more "must-have" mods - RH Iron Sights, Real Weapon Damage (hardcore combat),  Weapon Mod Kits (allows customizing weapons similar to New Vegas), Realistic Carry Weight (I now have to plan what I'll be carrying), SimpleNeeds (have to take care of my character), "CanHasRecoil" for the added kick and Weapon Accuracy Mod (vanilla accuracy is horrendous). New Vegas is a more in-depth game when compared to Fallout 3, but... I don't know. I'm starting to prefer 3 when playing like this, it's too good.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...