I'd say Minecraft but considering everyone plays that and I have played it for years on end, that might be cheating.

I have recently completed the new Subnautica however! It's good but... It's not like the legendary original, unfortunately. It feels less replayable too. But it is not bad. Thankfully unlike the original it is fairly bug free and some of the music is baller!

Looks like I've discovered a previously unknown RPG minmaxer itch in Fallout 4. I've mostly been playing with balanced characters without access to some of the more over-the-top perks.

Edited by DDE

Terrible test games I'm building in Unity to try to re-learn how to build a game. I made one once before for a class. Trying to do it again, but without a tight deadline and a better vision.

It's like someone took a domestic cat, and decided to make it look like an owl.

Don't show it to my dad unless you want a man in his mid-50s swoon like a schoolgirl.

So, Detroit: Become Human. I came in out of morbid curiosity, expecting having to huff David Cage's farts, and while I've yet to reach the meat of the story... it's not that bad. And relatively well made, and the devs bring along some really heavy narrative artillery to try and make you care. I'm still relatively adversarial because of the premise, and I'm having a blast with the options the devs consider subotpimal ("28 STAB WOUNDS!!!" - sure, the suspect you're pressuring cofesses, but then he smashes his own head against the table) but the game is still enjoyable.

Edited by DDE

Just picked up Stellaris last weekend. After the first aborted run of poking around and getting the basic idea, I restarted with a will and ended up having to send my overbuilt fleet on a suicide mission so they wouldn't drain out all my energy credit reserves. I had no idea that was where all my power was going as I was frantically building generator districts that I didn't have the population to run.

Now I'm thinking I need to attack one of my neighbours...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Computer game wise nothing.  I very occasionally have a quick go on CoD Black Ops (the first one) though.

Real world wise - Golf (but not to a very high standard), I would certainly call golf my 'main hobby' with KSP second.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:41 PM, pandaman said:

Real world wise - Golf (but not to a very high standard), I would certainly call golf my 'main hobby' with KSP second.

Curious if you have tried any computer golf games/sims?

1 hour ago, Dientus said:

Curious if you have tried any computer golf games/sims?

Yes, many years ago I had Microsoft Links (2003 I think) I really liked that.  I also have Tiger Woods 2008 on an old Windows 7 laptop that I also use with a SkyTrak lunch monitor.  Unfortunately the laptop is not capable  of running any current sim software, it couldn't even run KSP 4 years ago, and TW 2008 isn't SkyTrak compatible.  And I don't have indoor space to swing clubs use the SkyTrak.

I also have a PhiGolf, which is a 'plug in the grip' swing analyser that offers driving range and courses  to play that runs on my phone and tablet. That's not bad as a bit of fun, it only picks up the club movements, but it does work without a ball so it's handy for living room use as I can use a wedge or short training club.  It does have a very 'video game' feel though.

How about you?

@pandaman

I played the Tiger Woods (don't remember which) game, it was alright. There was one version of Links (older) that I really liked and want again but I don't remember which one (of course). I always wanted a SkyTrak never got one tho.

Funny note, I did actually get a kick out of golf in gta 5 and I had a great time playing Ribbit King with my kids! LOL IKR :joy:

Edited by Dientus
added the @

Had an absolute lark when I booted up KSP and tried the EVA science item on a launchpad. Jeb's EVA science was... you guessed it from the above discussion.

Since I had a null day to work with this past weekend (well, Monday) I went and finished what will likely be my last full playthrough of Skyrim. Only took me a year and a half, ~450 hours in-game (with little to no fast travel), to make it through nearly every quest in the base game, the DLCs, the Legacy of the Dragonborn mod, a mod which expands/fixes the College of Winterhold, a handful of other mods such as the After the War stuff, and of course the Inigo mod. Plus whatever other things were added/fixed by the unofficial patches. There seem to only be three stuck quests, one of which I _might_ smack around with some console commands to get it to advance (based on what I've read it's one of the smaller mods I have installed which is blocking it). The other two stuck quests are from mods, so I'm less concerned. I have no idea how many map markers are still undiscovered, but the answer is most likely less than 10, if any (and none of them in obvious places). 

Still get no respect from anybody after going to the literal afterlife and taking care of the big bad. And Max von Sydow is still angry with me despite preventing the end of existence. Pffft. 

A little bit of a bittersweet ending, TBH. Had fun. Really going to miss Inigo.