Well right now as I type this on my phone, im flying a 2h8m flight to Phoenix Sky Harbor in MSFS in the PMDG 737-700 at FL380 as Southwest Airlines. Will be my first full flight in the PMDG737-700. Other flights were checks to see how it works. Its a gorgrous bird.

Won't lie: my disappointment with KSP2's further delay sent me into a spiral of depression - so much so I ended up back in WOT for several weeks.

But I've gone back and fired up Satisfactory (yet again) - and am enjoying driving myself crazy again.  This is the one 'Early Access' game that really delivers.  (Well, KSP did too, oh so long ago!)

(Although - I think it was out of beta when I joined; it was a pretty awesome game back in 2015!)

10 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Won't lie: my disappointment with KSP2's further delay sent me into a spiral of depression - so much so I ended up back in WOT for several weeks.

Can't be disappointed if you have a modded install of KSP1... waiting to be played... for almost half a year :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 5:46 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I got back into Satisfactory.  Been enjoying it; but I'm now (back) at the endgame (Tiers 7-8).   Sadly, my whole world has become 'debugging my stupid train network' mini-game. 

Grumble.

FWIW - it has taken me this many days to un FUBAR my rail network.  

(There may have been side projects along the way)

Glad to report, I'm no longer trying to build super-computers with Coal and Steel Pipes.

Played National Park Girls while camping in an actual national park the other day, that was quite amusing. But even just a few weeks in, this semester is already taking away much of my time to relax :(

Have been thinking about starting a new Minecraft modpack, but TBH I can't decide which. Whenever I decide to do a playthrough, it's generally a kitchen sink modpack and I get pretty bored once I have most of the basics figured out IE having generally all the materials I need, having enough power, having enough food, etc. Never really get super involved and end up doing much of the same thing over and over.

11 minutes ago, modus said:

I am exactly doing that.

Do you like the new murals in P&P? I don't.

Thus far I've located a save from a sufficiently early construction stage that I can save myself an evening or two.

Ive also been feelin nostalgic and 20 someodd years later ive recently gotten hooked on roller coaster tycoon 2 yet again for the umpteenth time in my life. ahh its great. great games never die or get old

also Farming Simulator 22. I started that game back in Farmin Simulator 17 and fell in love. Idk why bc its totaly opposite of everything i do but man its relaxing and fun. Also i got the logitech side panel, steering wheel, and pedals which makes the tractors and combines so much more fun. also Sim dashboard takes it to another level

I've been playing "Collect free games on the Epic Games Store and then never play them."

I've not played games such as Iratus: Lord of the Dead, Ring of Pain, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Submerged: Hidden Depths.

I didn't even bother to not play this week's games, Hundred Days and some game that I know to avoid because it has the word Royale in the name. I double didn't play those two as I didn't even get them.

I'm a bit excited about both of next week's games. I can't wait to never play Spirit of the North and The Captain.

16 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

I've been playing "Collect free games on the Epic Games Store and then never play them."

I've not played games such as Iratus: Lord of the Dead, Ring of Pain, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Submerged: Hidden Depths.

I didn't even bother to not play this week's games, Hundred Days and some game that I know to avoid because it has the word Royale in the name. I double didn't play those two as I didn't even get them.

I'm a bit excited about both of next week's games. I can't wait to never play Spirit of the North and The Captain.

I did that a lot back when PC Gamer was a magazine that came with a floppy / CDROM attached.  Did find a couple of gems - but I'd only ever delete the game when I ran out of disk space! 

8 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I did that a lot back when PC Gamer was a magazine that came with a floppy / CDROM attached.  Did find a couple of gems - but I'd only ever delete the game when I ran out of disk space! 

The best part now is that I don't even need to install them. They just sit in a list that maybe some day I'll do something with.

I got Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shield for my birthday a couple months back. The first Pokémon games I’ve played in nearly 10 years, and I am so glad to be back. 

And despite it’s flaws, I’ve been playing a lot of 2042. As much flak as EA deserves, the game is still a lot of fun. I tend to play as support/medical classes, partly because I get more points that way, and also because it kinda relates to my real life profession.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:53 PM, DDE said:

Do you like the new murals in P&P? I don't.

Thus far I've located a save from a sufficiently early construction stage that I can save myself an evening or two.

I don't know if the murals will be an integral part of new buildings or not, but if it's something you have to 'put on' or paint on a building I don't see myself using it. Unnecessary eyecandy in my book :)

I still enjoy the game, I'm even having a little KSP break to play. I'm playing the archipelago map (came with natural disasters) to kinda prevent myself from rebuilding the same city. I think the functionalities that come with P&P should have been in the game years ago, instead of other DLCs, so looking forward to it.

12 hours ago, modus said:

I don't know if the murals will be an integral part of new buildings or not, but if it's something you have to 'put on' or paint on a building I don't see myself using it. Unnecessary eyecandy in my book :)

No, they're baked into the building designs.

Basically, the DLC's features are:

• Pedestrian areas, which are supposed to use pedestrian-only roads (although I've yet to ascertain they're strictly required) and centralized freight and garbage handling buildings; pedestrian roads only admit emergency vehicles
  • "Wall-to-wall" specializations for residential, commercial and offices. They are not in any way tied to pedestrian areas. They're basically a new mid-density tier, at least in appearances. I like the way they look on a square grid - a veritable urban sprawl.
  • Miscellaneous extra services and transport buildings.

The murals are present in much of the added content as a non-optional splash of color; for growables, they're part of the building variants. They are not obtuse, even they're the size of an entire wall. They're definitely used to artificially inflate the variability of the wall-to-wall buildings, which definitely feels appropriate to me. Very 2020s mass-produced wannabe individuality.

The free update also has also added a bunch of varieties of roads.