1 minute ago, steve_v said:

That looks... Awesome. No GNU/Linux port though. :(

Yeah, I noticed that too. I have no idea if such is in the works, but it might be nice to drop the dev a note to let them know you’re interested. I haven’t made it very far in the game yet myself, but I liked what I had time for.

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

That looks... Awesome. No GNU/Linux port though. :(

From the FAQ:

Windows only at first. The engine is old, large and not built for cross-platform use, making native ports extremely time-consuming and unlikely. Cogmind does, however, work flawlessy under Wine and similar solutions, which many Linux/OSX players are already using to run Cogmind. (There are reports Cogmind runs more smoothly in this manner than many games ported natively!) Eventually, an official click-to-play wrapper will be provided for Mac players (such a release underwent a successful public test in December 2015), but until then you might have to wrap it yourself using the official Windows release.

(emphasis mine)

I can personally vouch for its capability to run under Wine (and its quality as a game). Wine is a bit of a pain, though, and adding your vote to the pile might provide a good incentive for Grid Sage to build a port sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

The engine is old, large and not built for cross-platform use,

If people would just write their game engines using cross-platform libraries (e.g. SDL) to begin with, ports would be a whole lot easier. Assuming one isn't using some esoteric programming language, of course.

I can personally vouch for its capability to run under Wine

This game looks good, but not so good as to break my "no native port, no purchase" rule. Wine is good, and I do use it to play some old games I have, but I'm not buying any more Windoze-only games unless they are truly awesome.

adding your vote to the pile might provide a good incentive for Grid Sage to build a port sooner rather than later

I will, but I hold little hope given the FAQ entry. Sounds like the devs made it too difficult for themselves.

Once in awhile I fire up Portal 2 or Borderlands.

Installing Rollercoaster Tycoon again now.

Dammit  @p1t1o, I was just starting a new career for KSP 1.3.x and now all this talk of X3 has me sucked down the X-Tended rabithole again. There goes my life. And now I'm looking for more mods...

200++ hours into (2week a '3rd' "half" life or so ... ; ...; ) ONI right now (oxygen not included) ; ... ; interesting, next update logic gate,  hum hum ;;; §

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I've been playing Ultimate Koopa on piano and marimba. Can't wait to try it out on organ. It's a lot of notes and a lot of fun. Sounds like a Bach fugue, and I like those a lot.

Recently, I got into a free FPS called warface. No idea how it compares to others, but it is pretty good.

I was obsessed with Space Engineers for the longest time. Bought a Oculus Rift recently and have been bouncing between Asseto Corsa and various other VR games recently. Bought Ultrawings and I'm a little underwhelmed thus far,