On 2/6/2019 at 12:30 AM, lapis said:

oh yeah also hearts of iron  arsenal of democracy.I buffed the soviet union  and took over all of Germany, in 1940.

More like Arsenal of Bolshevik Democratic Centralism, amirite?

The factory continues to grow:

iDj93EI.png?1

Sadly imgur won't upload even heavily compressed screenshots taken at this zoom with console commands. Still pretty spaghetti free. I started using spreadsheets to plan my base to 60 SPM or 1 science/s, but only after I built blue science into the bus. So my bus is starved, but all the other science is backed up. The big empty area on the right is for rocket production, I've only build the silo so far though.

Also, a river of copper and iron:

11NBa5b.jpg?1

I should really upgrade from yellow belts soon.

So, I've just launched the rocket on my Lazy guy run:

UcOPfeY.jpg

The base is a horrible spaghetti mess:

woops, posted without being done, here's the continuation:

ObP8PEa.jpg

Quite frankly, I'm happy I'm done with the map.

OOdf2mm.png

I artificially restricted myself relatively early on inside the walled in area and didn't want to expand, so the base is quite small and crammed.

Mining outposts are on the left, off the screen, top left are boilers (I'm 100% steam powered), the structured area in top middle are smelters.

I died three time, once to biters. I was trying to kite them towards my turrets, but the car got stuck on something and I got eaten.

The other two times a train proved to be a bit too fast to dodge.

Edited by Shpaget

ovZEoEw.jpg

Also done! Despite my base being larger than @Shpaget's, it took me 10 hours longer. It's working at a solid 30 science/min though, and everything after blue science is built to a 60 sci/min spec. It's also almost entirely yellow belts.

This shot is from later:

3wa9iUd.png

Only big difference is the 1.4 GW nuke plant, from someone else's blueprints since I'm not very good at designing nuclear. I'm only pulling like 250 MW, but there's no build like overbuild.

You've got much more biters killed (probably due to the larger footprint), which leads to more resources needed for defense. Dealing with them can take quite a bit of time. On my run I had to go out and look for them, and they didn't attack until I built a mining outpost some 50 tiles from their base. The main base was so far from the nests that artillery (placed just inside my walls) on manual had range to hit just the first few nests.

Also, my base is really crammed, while you obviously planned and left some space between sections, which also helps with biters.

Good work. I like your train network.

On 2/14/2019 at 1:50 AM, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I should really upgrade from yellow belts soon.

You should, seeing as they're releasing the next major version (0.17) in about 10 days.

As for me, I've been absolutely lost in Slay the Spire. I bought it over the Lunar New Year sale on Steam and have just over 60 hours in it :D

I'm starting to feel like I'm not a total newbie. I've won a grand total of 2 times in normal mode, and am going for the 3rd (with the 3rd character) as we type.

13 hours ago, Shpaget said:

You've got much more biters killed (probably due to the larger footprint), which leads to more resources needed for defense. Dealing with them can take quite a bit of time. On my run I had to go out and look for them, and they didn't attack until I built a mining outpost some 50 tiles from their base. The main base was so far from the nests that artillery (placed just inside my walls) on manual had range to hit just the first few nests.

Also, my base is really crammed, while you obviously planned and left some space between sections, which also helps with biters.

Good work. I like your train network.

More importantly, I made a bigger dent in the real enemy: trees. :)  

The key for me with making train networks work is making a standard intersection blueprint, then using it everywhere, no matter where I'm trying to put tracks. 

6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

You should, seeing as they're releasing the next major version (0.17) in about 10 days.

As for me, I've been absolutely lost in Slay the Spire. I bought it over the Lunar New Year sale on Steam and have just over 60 hours in it :D

I'm starting to feel like I'm not a total newbie. I've won a grand total of 2 times in normal mode, and am going for the 3rd (with the 3rd character) as we type.

This is only my second win, and the first after the science changes. It's a surprisingly hard game, especially considering it has no way to lose. The player dying is a minor inconvenience at best.

I've started a few games between those though, this was the previous one:

8dxSBSh.png

This is taken at maximum zoom out, the iron patch at the top left of the 2nd base is ~300M.

I gave up on that one because I tried to build to megabase levels before I actually had the required resources, I was starting to run out of power, and the giant area I had cleared and walled off required a ridiculous amount of landfill for it to be usable.

EDIT: The one before that died because of a nuclear death spiral, and I didn't have the time to try to fix it properly.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

2 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

It's a surprisingly hard game, especially considering it has no way to lose. The player dying is a minor inconvenience at best.

Yeah, it's an inconvenience if the biters eat you outside your base. However, if they eat you inside the walls it can be a game ender.

I had a brownout which I didn't notice, they attacked, lasers drained the power completely and shut down, they breached, got to the power and shut down the factory completely. After that I was pretty much helpless, couldn't make enough turrets and bullets before they ate everything.

I find it interesting that you keep yellow belts this long. I switch to red very early, but don't really bother with blue.

I started a new run, railworld, no cliffs, the rest of the settings default. I have a double wall around the preliminary base with turrets sporadically placed around. I managed to eradicate all the nests in the pollution cloud, but I'll need to make another run since the cloud is expanding pretty fast.

I'm low on stone (50k in starter patch) and there are no deposits anywhere in the explored area, so I'll need to gear up and find some. Also, iron will be running low in a few hours so I've started the production of rails in preparation for trains.

I need more turrets around the base.

Started Cities: Skylines

Accidentally stumbled on a guide explaining outside connections.

Closed game.

Took out pen and paper.

An hour later, I'm utterly stuck plotting an elaborate railway network.

Edited by DDE

i am the king of Eire in Crusader Kings II, but i accidentally did something that people considered tyrannical, and now i have to wait until 1135 until it goes away.

oh yeah also I'm a defenseless child, in case things weren't bad enough.

and my dad died in the first crusade, so I fought in the first crusade for no reason other then 2000 gold & prestige and a weird statue

10/10 would play again

On 2/26/2019 at 10:03 AM, Shpaget said:

Factorio 0.17 dropped!!!

Let's go crappy internet connection, crank it to 11!

The new tutorial is quite a challenge.

4hujwsa.jpg

Note the extremely small area to build in, no underground belts, and 200 biters/min before even researching green science. I wouldn't have made it if I hadn't been warned. It's very effective at getting you to build big, fast.

Oh, I completely forgot about the new tutorial. I jumped right into a freeplay "lets build big" mindset.

So I started the tutorial now and got to the Evacuate to the east part. I'd imagine that the biter onslaught on the initial base is quite good at setting a new played in the right mindset. Those are not some fluffy bunnies roaming the meadows. They will do their best to eat you.

No undergrounds, you say? That's gonna be a speedbump.