So, in Factorio on my new run, I'm done with the starter mall, red and green science is almost done, oil is about to be needed so I go out and explore. I find three oil fields, but it being a rail world, they are quite far. Lots of trees between oil fields and my base.

So, I put oil on hold and rush military (I'm playing without biters ATM). Flamethrowers! A quick small outpost with a few solar panels, one refinery and one chem plant and flamethrower fuel is being cranked out.

zh0zP08.png

So I run around like an idiot spraying fire all around. A few seconds after the screenshot I get the Pyromaniac achievement (10k trees burned down).

BTW, how to you switch weapons? Am I having a brain fart or TAB doesn't seem to work in 0.17.4.

Also the NUMPAD RETURN won't get me in and out of vehicles.

edit:

Rebounding keys in settings fixed the issue.

Edited by Shpaget

The satisfactory alpha weekend.

oGA2Ob7.jpg?1

I've heard it best described as a cross between Factorio and Subnautica. 

5Usb2bU.jpg?1

Compared to Factorio, it's less focused on automating as fast as possible and more on the factory growing to meet the growing demands of the factory. Hand crafting is much more viable for quite a while since the machines are a lot slower and more expensive. But exploring is much more fun, since the world is more interesting, and there's some downtime between building the factory.  Resources appear to be infinite, but the world is finite and not procedurally generated. In the future, it'll have a story. I'm probably going to buy it when it comes out in early access in a week or two.

I have gotten so sucked into Slay the Spire I can't even think. Every time I lose (which is about 9 out of every 10 runs, if I'm being generous with my win rate) I say it's ridiculous, why am i doing this to myself, I'm never going to consistently win this thing like - seemingly - every single other human on Earth if you watch YouTube or read Reddit.

Then 10 minutes later I'm going out for another failed run.

Edited by 5thHorseman

Been doing another CIV6 R&F game, with Tokimune on an inland sea map. It's late game; I just launched an Earth satellite as the first step of the Science Victory endgame, so the tech tree is nearly complete. I notice a tribal village in the frozen wastes and visit it. This gave me the tech boost for..... FUSION? From a tribal village?!? What kind of voodoo has their shaman been playing with???

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Been doing another CIV6 R&F game, with Tokimune on an inland sea map. It's late game; I just launched an Earth satellite as the first step of the Science Victory endgame, so the tech tree is nearly complete. I notice a tribal village in the frozen wastes and visit it. This gave me the tech boost for..... FUSION? From a tribal village?!? What kind of voodoo has their shaman been playing with???

You sure that wasn't the ruins of Atlantis?

Cold Waters

It's a submarine sim. Not on the Silent Hunter level of detail, more arcady, but still fun.

It has modern subs as well, so you can launch missiles at those pesky destroyers, but usually as soon as you do, you get a few heading your way as well so you better prepare to dive quickly and without delay. Also helicopters will mess you up real good.

Best to stay sneaky, figure out firing solution for all the targets, fire everything you've got available and run fast and deep.

Edited by Shpaget

• 2 weeks later...

Hm.  Star Trek Online... would appear to be free!  That's good since I just bought the BL Handsome collection for my daughter (being 94% off) and will need monies for BL3 when it comes out.  I may have to check that out.

59 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Darkest Dungeon.

I bought it a while back, but only played to the first boss. It's fun taking an antiquarian and a bunch of mediocre heroes on a run through a easy dungeon with no light, and returns a ton of loot.

I *love* this game. I've beat it (like 100% all goals) 3 times, including once with the first DLC. After not playing it for about 2 years, I just picked it up a month ago and am plowing through the early bosses now. So much fun.

I recently started to get the hang of Creative mode in Minecraft...Im kinda starting to like the game!

On 4/1/2019 at 11:04 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Gets a game named "Astroneer."

Spends the next 12 hours exploring caves.

Uff i know what you mean....That game depends highly in cave exploration(And waiting)

But trust me the some caves have some really neat stuff to see!

See, that’s what KSP needs: caves! Big caves! Like, labyrinthine caves! That you can drive rovers in!

Getting less serious now, with loot boxes! Where you can find a golden Poodle with +5 ISP, and other similar stuff. 

Yeah, I know, wrong thread...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

3 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

See, that’s what KSP needs: caves! Big caves! Like, labyrinthine caves! That you can drive rovers in!

Getting less serious now, with loot boxes! Where you can find a golden Poodle with +5 ISP, and other similar stuff 

That would actually give a point for going to other worlds.....

Wait, this was a joke right?