@XLjedi Starting to get Stormworks figured out - my little buggy works now, forward/reverse, steering goes the correct direction, etc.  Then I built a small boat and it works more or less except for being massively overpowered.  One annoying thing was the lack of lights at the dock, so I built a light cart to fix that and it works better than anything I've built yet and it was thrown together in record (for me) time.  Kinda ugly, but it works

FdurS7i.png?1

@Cavscout74 Ahhh, I see you're getting the hang of it!  Pretty soon we'll be doing rescue missions in multiplayer.

I spent most of the day today designing a giant airlock cargo door for the top of my sub.  I posted an example of it in the workshop, it turned out pretty cool!

I am replaying F1 2012, the second best Formula 1 game :) I realized I am terribly out of touch, and I am back to playing it with all sorts of driver assists. I am playing as the 'Marussia' F1 team (the second slowest team on the grid) and I am outperforming my teammate/rival which is great! I still don't want to be too dependent on driver assists though..

13 hours ago, XLjedi said:

@Cavscout74 Ahhh, I see you're getting the hang of it!  Pretty soon we'll be doing rescue missions in multiplayer.

I spent most of the day today designing a giant airlock cargo door for the top of my sub.  I posted an example of it in the workshop, it turned out pretty cool!

Starting to.  I also made a run stand to check out how the game handles jet engines.  Started up just fine, started advancing the throttle and discovered my stand wasn't anywhere close to heavy enough - the whole thing departed the hangar, then the ground, bounced off the hangar & tower a few times before flying off into the ocean.  Was quite funny to watch, made me regret not recording the session.  The next one I used the angled exhaust facing up, but now it bursts into flames after not even a minute.   I then tried it with a water tank, pump & nozzle and that worked as intended, so I got practice putting out a fire too. :D

On 6/22/2020 at 2:00 PM, Cavscout74 said:

Starting to.  I also made a run stand to check out how the game handles jet engines.  Started up just fine, started advancing the throttle and discovered my stand wasn't anywhere close to heavy enough - the whole thing departed the hangar, then the ground, bounced off the hangar & tower a few times before flying off into the ocean.  Was quite funny to watch, made me regret not recording the session.  The next one I used the angled exhaust facing up, but now it bursts into flames after not even a minute.   I then tried it with a water tank, pump & nozzle and that worked as intended, so I got practice putting out a fire too. :D

The engine ran though, I'd call that a successful test!  My sub is using a voodoo-tech turbine underwater...  Shhhh, don't tell anyone though, I don't want the devs going and patching-up something that works better than it should.  Not unlike the stupid patch they did to the Wheesleys in KSP that destroyed my subs reverse thrust capability.

14 hours ago, XLjedi said:

The engine ran though, I'd call that a successful test!  My sub is using a voodoo-tech turbine underwater...  Shhhh, don't tell anyone though, I don't want the devs going and patching-up something that works better than it should.  Not unlike the stupid patch they did to the Wheesleys in KSP that destroyed my subs reverse thrust capability.

Sounds interesting.  Now that I've learned some more, I redid my light cart to make it a diesel-electric drive, so it should last longer on a tank of gas - and I added a fuel fill port so I can actually refuel it once it runs low.  Next task is to start figuring out micro-controllers.

Until mid-March my gaming PC had been mostly disassembled and packed away in the closet. I _almost_ sent it to the recyclers in February. Glad I didn't, because I'd be going mad if I had to work from home for three+ months on just my MacBook. Didn't take long to get it set back up, but I had to fix a few things first. Still doesn't have much disk space on the OS drive (only a 100GB SSD), and Windows updates keep breaking the symlinks I use to keep data on the storage drive (a 2TB disk of some sort), but it does what I need it to do.

So aside from my usual strategy games (CK2, EU4, HOI4, Stellaris) and a few city builders (Ostriv, Foundation, Soviet Republic) I've mostly been doing a heavily-modded Skyrim Special Edition playthrough. If you enjoy(ed) Skyrim and you've not used the Inigo mod you owe it to yourself to try it out. Bloody fantastic. For the most part my modlist is the same as Gopher's (search for him on YouTube, his modlist is in the video descriptions of his latest videos), minus the ENBs but plus the "Great Cities" line of mods.

After a few months of not playing it... I decided the play Minecraft logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG for fun again:

I decided to try two different ways to make a minecraft video. First is my Doodling Adventures style. Second is a commentary with my scary voice:

18 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Hardspace: Shipbreaker. Currently in Early Access on Steam, 20% off. Could use more (any?) tutorials; I'd post the how-to vid I watched but I can't seem to find it...

I saw that recently, looked pretty interesting.  If I hadn't gotten several new games already that I don't have enough time for, I might have gotten it.

I've been recently playing a lot of SimpleRockets 2, and I just recently started building this English Electric Lightning on it, it's still a work in progress. It comes complete with a fully moving nozzle, and spinning "turbines" (it's actually just a flattened nosecone part with a texture to look like a turbine) to add more detail.

I also used two rocket engines for the burners, instead of the default jet engine afterburners, to have a better looking flame and faster activation when it's action groups are activated (and for a little more power).

Here's a video to showcase it's engines.

Spoiler

Edited by Audiobotguy03
Minor edit lol

On 6/24/2020 at 2:06 PM, Cavscout74 said:

Sounds interesting.  Now that I've learned some more, I redid my light cart to make it a diesel-electric drive, so it should last longer on a tank of gas - and I added a fuel fill port so I can actually refuel it once it runs low.  Next task is to start figuring out micro-controllers.

Microcontrollers are surprisingly easy and intuitive...  one of the best features of the game I think!

Just start with a simple one that accepts a number value input (like a throttle value) multiply it by 2 and output to the resulting value.

From there, you should be able to build logic for an automatic transmission for your cart!  (I'm almost not kidding either)

On 6/27/2020 at 11:15 AM, XLjedi said:

Microcontrollers are surprisingly easy and intuitive...  one of the best features of the game I think!

Just start with a simple one that accepts a number value input (like a throttle value) multiply it by 2 and output to the resulting value.

From there, you should be able to build logic for an automatic transmission for your cart!  (I'm almost not kidding either)

So far I've had time to play with just one - it takes a 0-1 value & outputs a 0-100 value, so its basically a percentage readout.  I guess it doesn't really matter once you understand it, but I like 0-100% battery charge vs 0-1.  And you are right, it was pretty easy - took like 5 minutes. 

8 hours ago, Cavscout74 said:

So far I've had time to play with just one - it takes a 0-1 value & outputs a 0-100 value, so its basically a percentage readout.  I guess it doesn't really matter once you understand it, but I like 0-100% battery charge vs 0-1.  And you are right, it was pretty easy - took like 5 minutes. 

They are pretty consistent in that everything is 0-1 and then you apply the conversions you want.  RGB colors are even 0-1 and you just divide by 255 to make it work for instance.

38 minutes ago, DDE said:

*looks at thermometer*

*deletes Bannerlord, launches Frostpunk*

*launches last Frostpunk DLC, looks at thermometer: +10C*

“This is blazing hot, I’ll have a heatstroke just from looking at it!”

*Disappointed, deletes Frostpunk*

I went & picked up another game - Children of a Dead Earth is on sale for 90% off, so for $2.49, how could I resist.  Been kinda wanting that one for a while, but I never saw it on sale before.  The controls are a little clunky to me (specifically setting up maneuver nodes), but maybe that will get better with use. 

LOL...  so the game that "was never going to go on sale" is currently "on sale" for the big Steam Summer Sale event!

Forever RimWorld has listed at $29.99 along with the comment it will never go on sale.

For the Summer Sale RimWorld is actually on sale!  for 10% off!  woohoo...

Hey wait a minute!  they raised the base price by 5 bucks!

I can now get RimWorld with a 10% discount "on sale" for $31.49,  YAY ME!    (gee, thanks Steam Summer Sale) :rolleyes:

Still breaking ships...

That panic when you accidentally trigger the reactor meltdown sequence as your O2 is running low, and you have to go refill your O2 before cutting the reactor loose and sending it to the barge - or hoping you can cut it loose and get it on the barge and still have time to get more O2...

Edited by StrandedonEarth