9 hours ago, DDE said:

No, they're baked into the building designs.

Basically, the DLC's features are:

• Pedestrian areas, which are supposed to use pedestrian-only roads (although I've yet to ascertain they're strictly required) and centralized freight and garbage handling buildings; pedestrian roads only admit emergency vehicles
  • "Wall-to-wall" specializations for residential, commercial and offices. They are not in any way tied to pedestrian areas. They're basically a new mid-density tier, at least in appearances. I like the way they look on a square grid - a veritable urban sprawl.
  • Miscellaneous extra services and transport buildings.

The murals are present in much of the added content as a non-optional splash of color; for growables, they're part of the building variants. They are not obtuse, even they're the size of an entire wall. They're definitely used to artificially inflate the variability of the wall-to-wall buildings, which definitely feels appropriate to me. Very 2020s mass-produced wannabe individuality.

The free update also has also added a bunch of varieties of roads.

yeah I didn't realise the DLC was already released, thought it would be another week:)

Everyone going crazy now about broken mods haha:D "It's been multiple hours and you haven't fixed it this is unnaceptable!" lol

I'll definitely check it out. I'm also excited about the new content creator packs!

Well after the mind blowing thing that happened to me earlier tonight (it was a very good thing, just unexpected and something ive not experienced before tbh) ive been vibrating with excitement and other fantastic feelings and to fully center my mind (took a ride into a peaceful area i go to to relax and think but wasnt enough to fully center me) i got on MSFS and made a flight plan on simbrief to fly from EHAM to LGAV (Amsterdam Schiphol to Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos) to try to channel my thoughts. So far, its kinda working and kinda not. But Im over Vienna Austria atm (or in its controlled airspace as ATC had me call them lol) so I guess we will see how things in my flight and elsewhere work out.

edit: i dont feel up to making a whole new post so i will just tack an update on here. 1. I was unable to complete my flight. My neighborhood experienced a power surge which rebooted my pc ending my flight. 2. In regards to the mind blowing moment. Tonight i learned its source and it wasnt what i thought or honestly hoped it was. It was something being done by someone to be nice to ppl but for me, it lead to hope for something as again Id never experienced this thing. That hope came crashing down. 0 to escape velocity to 0. No safe deceleration just an instantaneous brutal full stop. So yeah…:(

Edited by AlamoVampire

18 minutes ago, DDE said:

It's on my list, marked with "Great risk of addiction"

Ya know, I've tried to start that game (Rimworld) at least 2 or 3 times now, and never get much further than the opening tutorial where you build a square house,  add a few beds and trinkets, fend off a few attackers... and meh, I lose interest.

How long did you have to "stick it out" before the actual addictive component kicks in?   Wondering if I'm entirely immune to its effect?

3 hours ago, XLjedi said:

Ya know, I've tried to start that game (Rimworld) at least 2 or 3 times now, and never get much further than the opening tutorial where you build a square house,  add a few beds and trinkets, fend off a few attackers... and meh, I lose interest.

How long did you have to "stick it out" before the actual addictive component kicks in?   Wondering if I'm entirely immune to its effect?

I don't know. I was addicted to it long before that point. Before I bought it, even. I could tell by looking at it that it had my soul.

It may just not be the game for you. It happens.

Still lots of FSX. I might consider getting MSFS if any of the many computers we have at my house were even close to meeting any of the minimum requirements, and if my internet download speed was faster than 0.53 kbps (I just did a speedtest and that's what it said, sometimes it is faster than that). 

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

10 hours ago, XLjedi said:

Might just not be the game for you, but I would say thats about when it starts. Also, mods can help if it feels too slow, such as the one that adds a storyteller that triggers a raid every day. Helped me figure it out pretty well.

I just did a flight from Ted Stevens International in Anchorage Alaska to Los Angeles International in California in MSFS2020. Total flight time 5 hours 00 minutes 30 seconds. Prior to this flight the last time I tried a 3 hour + flight there was a 50/50 shot at a crash to desktop with odds getting worse for me at 4, 4.5 to 5+ hours. With Simupdate 10 it seems they have things more stable. Im exhausted from it but thrilled all the same. Oh my aircraft? 737-700 by PMDG in the Southwest livery, aircraft N268WN. Fwiw this flight would never happen with Southwest as they do not go to Anchorage. But hey, thats the fun right? :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 9:29 PM, DDE said:

Cities: Skylines. You almost can't see the cut corners and places where I've placed dead-end roads and haven't expanded to yet.

d5UXevk.png

Me, the day before yesterday: "It would be nice if the freight train didn't drive backwards, but had a second locomotive on the rear end"

Me, today: struggling to fix the variable train car payloads on a derivative of the vanilla freight train asset :confused: