[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

56 minutes ago, max_creative said:

@MK3424, I know you're working hard to make it better for us, but can you please stop switching for a few days? I know you're just trying to fix things, but it's getting a tiny bit annoying switching the worlds so often because it makes it a lot harder get stuff done. 

At least you're now able to do stuff.. before this the server would go berserk when we go over 4 people on the server.. creating a lagfest and auto kicking players from the server...

53 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

At least you're now able to do stuff.. before this the server would go berserk when we go over 4 people on the server.. creating a lagfest and auto kicking players from the server...

The pumpkin farm tried to murder me yesterday! So now there won't be too much more switching worlds?

54 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

Way too much stuff has been undone to even bother doing anything if it can be restored, it would be a good idea to see if you can't just move the data over from that second server onto the one you re-instated.  I don't know the file structure of minecraft, but whatever the key files are that hold all the info on the state of the map and resources and invintory is what we need updated.  I have spent literally the better part of 3 days on not just that rail line but gathering things like iron and redstone and coal and etc.

- Andy

22 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

Way too much stuff has been undone to even bother doing anything if it can be restored, it would be a good idea to see if you can't just move the data over from that second server onto the one you re-instated.  I don't know the file structure of minecraft, but whatever the key files are that hold all the info on the state of the map and resources and invintory is what we need updated.  I have spent literally the better part of 3 days on not just that rail line but gathering things like iron and redstone and coal and etc.

- Andy

I can use commands to give you stacks of the items you need.

1 minute ago, MK3424 said:

I can use commands to give you stacks of the items you need.

Oh no... My 18 stacks of redstone... My 2 stacks of iron... My 12 stacks of magma blocks... My 4 stacks of nether quartz... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ALL MY GOOD STUFF AND BUILDING MATERIALS!!! Please change the worlds back! I spent 2 hours recently getting all that stuff! ;.; 

Oh well... I guess I can't do anything now... And now I also have to go craft all that redstone stuff again... This will take a while...

@MK3424 What's the problem right now? I'm just curious. Can't you take the save from the old server and plug it into the new one? If not, I think I'll leave the server... it just took so much hard work to catch those horses, get materials, transport sheeps to paradise city and start building my inn as to start over again. Sorry, I just don't have the patience and time for spending 4 days doing that again

I'll just play KSP again. There are transfer ships to be built, bases to be landed and krakens to be found...

Edited by ZentroCatson

@MK3424 does Linux not have a restore previous versions? I think theyres back up tools

Linux Desktops

Linux desktops don’t tend to have this feature built in, and they’re generally not automatically creating backups of your files. If you use a backup tool — like the Backups tool included in Ubuntu (also known as Déjà Dup) — you may be able to recover backup copies of previous files from the backup tool. Check the backup software you use for more help.

http://www.howtogeek.com/209080/how-to-restore-previous-versions-of-a-file-on-any-operating-system/

I
can help, lemme help NIUENFIWEONDMIO nyaaa i'll do the impossible, I'll find a way

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/how-to-recover-overwritten-file-774712/
http://caenfaq.engin.umich.edu/10629-Faculty-&-Staff/how-do-i-recover-a-previous-version-of-a-file-i-may-have-deleted-what-is-a-snapshot

I
hope these help

Edited by SparkyFox

Okay when i thought i fixed the issue: 

i replaced the old save with the new one, instead of emerging them together (the save would have been a mix between old and new..)

And i found out that the save was corrupted on the new one...

so that's why it is like it was 3 days ago.. and i can't fix it...

sorry guys... i thought i fixed it for good...

13 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

I replaced the old save with the new one, instead of emerging them together (the save would have been a mix between old and new..)

And i found out that the save was corrupted on the new one...

so that's why it is like it was 3 days ago.. and i can't fix it...

Oh... Will we at least get our stuff back? 

24 minutes ago, SparkyFox said:

****SERVER ANNOUNCEMNT****

here guys, dont do anything in the save, me an mk is working on it and we're gonna get as much lost stuff back as possible, so dont do anything

Ok! How long will it take to fix? I might go play a little ksp... 

4 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Oh... Will we at least get our stuff back? 

Ok! How long will it take to fix? I might go play a little ksp... 

a while, everyone, play KSP for a bit or something to keep your mind occupied, this is going to take a lot of science to fix

****SERVER ANNOUNCEMNT UPDATE****

I may have fixed the problem and MAY have all our stuff back, I'll keep you posted

there is no changes to the server yet, I'm working on singleplayer

EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN AFFECTED, PM ME YOUR LOSSES

****SERVER ANNOUNCEMNT UPDATE 2****

I've took screenshots of Sanctuary and Paradise and the Metro and peoples houses and their chests
@Dfthu You mentioned something about disc 13 while me and Jeremy was on my room, you're 3 discs are in their chests
@ZentroCatson I.....found your house and your swamp cords sign and your rocket and your hay
@max_creative all your soul sand is in the chest from when you were digging about in the nether and your digging...ness of that area is still there
@YoetoJoe yer Jolly Roger has returned arrgh(your pirate flag is back next to your door) 
@transitbiker Your stuff is back too
@The nether Your paths have returned
@The End your dragon proof once again I hope
My XP has returned back to 37 with all my items I had from last night

=======
Everything is exactly as how I remember from last night and I'll be uploading pictures to show everyone to make sure things are as how you remember

****SERVER ANNOUNCEMNT UPDATE 3****

SCREENSHOTS
qjUi9GQ.png
sdVeOHl.png
t4NAUd5.png
tU2zz7U.png

AFTER AND BEFORE
(yeah I know, it's "before and after, I messed up the image paste)

JxoFSqP.png

****SERVER ANNOUNCEMNT UPDATE 4****
Everything seems to be normal, everyone's stuff and buildings and creations all seem to be back to like they were last night
I'm going to temporally open a server with this save to make make sure things turn out good and you're inventory is all back to normal
Do NOT continue anything as this is only going to be a test server
.....Still setting up the server please wait....
Using aternos to host the temp server because BT is asking me to reset some stuff I'd rather not reset, the world is uploading!
http://imgur.com/a/Q7Gxw

****SERVER ANNOUNCEMNT UPDATE 5****
***Server is temporarily closed*** 
The server is closed until the save file is uploaded and ready, this is to save any more corruption
Tested the world on LAN and all seems well, File Uploaded Handing over to MK

****SERVER ANNOUNCEMNT UPDATE 6****
 Me and Jeremy have tested the map and did a quick server test, everything seems to be back to normal
@MK3424 1. while the server is shut down, delete the corrupted save
2. extract the ServerWorld folder
3. COPY the "world" folder that's inside the ServerWorld folder
4. Make sure you don't overwrite or merge anything
5. turn the server back on and test it
6. bake me a cookie

Edited by SparkyFox

4 minutes ago, max_creative said:

What about my redstone stuff? I had a ton of redstone stuff that I really really need. Dfthu gave me 26 redstone blocks yesterday.

screenshots uploaded
http://imgur.com/a/2Ct81

anyone got any questions of their inventory, feel free to ask

Edited by SparkyFox

I had a shield, enchanted iron armor, two enchanted diamond swords, one with flame aspect & unbreakable 2 & knockback 2, one with unbreakable and knockback 1 that i named "swift death".  Paired with swift death was "strike", a bow with unbreaking and flame aspect.  I also had 10 enchanted iron picks with unbreakable 2 and efficiency 2.  I had 6 diamonds, a gold ingot, 64 and 28 of coal ore, 42 iron ore, A ton of arrows and torches (probably 3 stacks of 64 per?) and 7 pieces of lapus lazuli.  I may have had 5 gold ore, but i do not remember if i made that into my old gold armor (before the iron armor)  I also had 7 iron ingot.  I was running low on food, but it was cooked mutton, like 12 pieces.  On top of that i had a 64 of cobblestone, and a diamond pick that had maybe 10 more uses to it.  Only reason i even remember this is because i went into my inventory to get torches, which i was quickly using.

- Andy

Edit: the bow had power IV.  I have had the same one (strike) for a while, i just keep repairing it.

- Andy

6 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

I had a shield, enchanted iron armor, two enchanted diamond swords, one with flame aspect & unbreakable 2 & knockback 2, one with unbreakable and knockback 1 that i named "swift death".  Paired with swift death was "strike", a bow with unbreaking and flame aspect.  I also had 10 enchanted iron picks with unbreakable 2 and efficiency 2.  I had 6 diamonds, a gold ingot, 64 and 28 of coal ore, 42 iron ore, A ton of arrows and torches (probably 3 stacks of 64 per?) and 7 pieces of lapus lazuli.  I may have had 5 gold ore, but i do not remember if i made that into my old gold armor (before the iron armor)  I also had 7 iron ingot.  I was running low on food, but it was cooked mutton, like 12 pieces.  On top of that i had a 64 of cobblestone, and a diamond pick that had maybe 10 more uses to it.  Only reason i even remember this is because i went into my inventory to get torches, which i was quickly using.

- Andy

Edit: the bow had power IV.  I have had the same one (strike) for a while, i just keep repairing it.

- Andy

and check this and i'll get a screenshot of this wheres your stuff? paradise or sanctuary?

Edited by SparkyFox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.