[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

@max_creative, quite a bit of the spaghetti down there was courtesy of myself and Florid, but I came on to check earlier today to find that everything was working fine. What was the issue you were having exactly?

PS. Just don't go anywhere near that thing -- it's so compactly wired together that breathing on it might break it :P

Edited by [ Jeremy ]

3 hours ago, [ Jeremy ] said:

@max_creative, quite a bit of the spaghetti down there was courtesy of myself and Florid, but I came on to check earlier today to find that everything was working fine. What was the issue you were having exactly?

PS. Just don't go anywhere near that thing -- it's so compactly wired together that breathing on it might break it :P

Well, it is dust... 

11 minutes ago, Fluburtur said:

@[ Jeremy ] someone broken parts of most of the systems in pretty strategic places I must say, it wasn't erratic blind destruction but I got it fixed.

When I tried to use it the other day the lights weren't on and it tried to send me to the wrong place. Thanks for fixing it! I think we should have a sorter so minecarts with chests can be unloaded and don't get stuck in the system and you have to go into it and find them. 

21 hours ago, max_creative said:

Sure. I'm going to make it sure awesome with sandstone and glass and everything! Where's should I build the station? 

@Fluburtur? I think something happened to paradise station. I tried to use it but it wasn't working. I took a look but I couldn't tell what happened. It was really dark and your redstone is a huge mess of wiring. 

@ZentroCatson I really like your piston house! It's a really cool looking modern house! I do have one question: why did you use a 1x2 door instead of a 3x3 door or something? 

I lit up the underground bit of paradise station with about 80 additional torches to keep bad guys from spawning down there.

11 hours ago, Fluburtur said:

@max_creative you can talk to me on the discord group any time, I can explain you how most of the system works.

I think the cargo terminal should be on the opposite side of the tracks from the passenger station, up closer to the cart return.  The cargo terminal should be built primarily underground to protect it from creepers.  The cargo line should be elevated 2 blocks off whatever terrain it's following and at least 2 blocks to the left or right to keep it well clear of creepers.  I will craft fence to put along the sides  It should be two blocks wide and two blocks tall.  Switches placed underneath the blocks with powered rails combined with the 2x2 layout will minimize resource use and construction time.  Carts on the cargo line should not mingle with the carts used on the passenger line.  Carts should have hoppers that unload into chests.  The chests can be placed inside a small above ground structure made of a sturdy block type.  This way the cargo line can run automatically and with minimal player interaction.

Meanwhile the process of laying rail/powered rail continues.  Will be back tomorrow to do a large amount of that.  If you're going to lay rail, that's cool, just do it evenly on both sides please! :)

- Andy

21 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

So, Minecraft 1.1 is finally out! Here's how to update:

unknown.png

(The screenshot is by Sparky)

Basically go to "edit profile" in the launcher and switch the version to 1.1. Done!

I KNOW!!! 

I now need to craft two stacks of observers and get a few shulker boxes for something... Don't ask.

1.11 IS SUCH AN AWESOME UPDATES!!!

59 minutes ago, SparkyFox said:

Minecraft Server Update 1.11

1.11 server update is being worked on, the last save backup was at 7am this morning GMT(UK time)/(2am EST)
please be patient, I have to figure out how to set it up for linux

GO SPARKY! 

51 minutes ago, Florid Monkey said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the new and improved KMC Metro Map!

.eJwFwcsNwyAMANBdGADHfGqaa49RZ0CIIBIpxAj

Cool! This is really useful!

The line to the desert is complete.  Please make sure the backup is made now vs this morning.  I worked a long time to get this thing built and functioning with help from several others.

I am also building out the line to the tree farm remote site.  The tree farm site itself is coming along, next just have to get rail out and construct a station.  The metro map shows the desert straight from paradise, but in actuality, the tree farm is straight, and desert line is a right turn off that super long eastern right of way.  How it's represented in the map is cool though, it works!  The tree farm will be a stop on the way to a swamp and then a desert.  These two things are far, and super far.  The desert also has a mesa nearby, so once we get there, the mesa will have a branch, if not the full main line.

It would be cool to complete the build-out of paradise station, give it its full walls etc.  Also, it might be a good idea to move all those furnaces and other creating/processing accoutrements to a larger more formal "foundry" in the place where the current lil walled foundry is.  This way cargo from the desert and tree farm, and eventually the far east desert and mesa can be brought there for processing & crafting......  Each player could even get their own work space.  Just some thoughts......

- Andy

3 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

The line to the desert is complete.  Please make sure the backup is made now vs this morning.  I worked a long time to get this thing built and functioning with help from several others.

I am also building out the line to the tree farm remote site.  The tree farm site itself is coming along, next just have to get rail out and construct a station.  The metro map shows the desert straight from paradise, but in actuality, the tree farm is straight, and desert line is a right turn off that super long eastern right of way.  How it's represented in the map is cool though, it works!  The tree farm will be a stop on the way to a swamp and then a desert.  These two things are far, and super far.  The desert also has a mesa nearby, so once we get there, the mesa will have a branch, if not the full main line.

It would be cool to complete the build-out of paradise station, give it its full walls etc.  Also, it might be a good idea to move all those furnaces and other creating/processing accoutrements to a larger more formal "foundry" in the place where the current lil walled foundry is.  This way cargo from the desert and tree farm, and eventually the far east desert and mesa can be brought there for processing & crafting......  Each player could even get their own work space.  Just some thoughts......

- Andy

alright everyone, finish up with what you're doing

Edited by SparkyFox

@transitbiker did an amazing job on the east desert line! I visited it today, it still needs lots of work, but the hard part is over!

Now, the current Transit junction is quite rudimentary and doesn't really work, so I want to make it actually functional. My idea is that the mine cart will stop at the junction and you can either press the right button to go to the desert, or the left one to go to the tree farm. The same applies to tree farm-desert/Paradise. It will require quite a bit of redstone, though it'll work a lot better than the current system, trust me!

Edit:

Transitbiker mentioned building a foundry at paradise station. I think we'll need more than that for our building projects. How about a supersmelter? If you don't know what a supersmelter is, its basically a system which distributes items evenly across 8+ furnaces, resulting in increased efficiency. Again, it requires quite a bit of redstone. 

But I have both resources and knowledge to make us one! 

Edited by ZentroCatson

4 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

@transitbiker did an amazing job on the east desert line! I visited it today, it still needs lots of work, but the hard part is over!

Now, the current Transit junction is quite rudimentary and doesn't really work, so I want to make it actually functional. My idea is that the mine cart will stop at the junction and you can either press the right button to go to the desert, or the left one to go to the tree farm. The same applies to tree farm-desert/Paradise. It will require quite a bit of redstone, though it'll work a lot better than the current system, trust me!

I have 5 metric tons of redstone that i can donate to the cause.  Also, don't hesitate to use the space above the bridge's roof for redstone works.  I could also help you dam up the water beneath the bridge so you have more dry workspace.  We could also make it a square junction instead of a T junction, which would allow a central area for redstone works as big as we need up to about 10 by 10 blocks.  Its why i chose that spot for the junction, lots of space to work with over the water.  This would also allow trackage to be split like a wye, with travel to/from any direction possible, plus space in the middle....

See image:

fig17.jpg

- Andy

Just now, transitbiker said:

I have 5 metric tons of redstone that i can donate to the cause.  Also, don't hesitate to use the space above the bridge's roof for redstone works.  I could also help you dam up the water beneath the bridge so you have more dry workspace.  We could also make it a square junction instead of a T junction, which would allow a central area for redstone works as big as we need up to about 10 by 10 blocks.  Its why i chose that spot for the junction, lots of space to work with over the water.  This would also allow trackage to be split like a wye, with travel to/from any direction possible, plus space in the middle....

See image:

fig17.jpg

- Andy

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of. The redstone itself probably isn't as complicated as the rail systems, I have no idea how I should make those tracks cross each other...

But I'll figure it out!

1 minute ago, ZentroCatson said:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of. The redstone itself probably isn't as complicated as the rail systems, I have no idea how I should make those tracks cross each other...

But I'll figure it out!

That's why giving the whole thing more space is the next step.  All of it will be over the water, just a larger "floor" and "ceiling".

- Andy

8 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

Ok. The soonest I can be on is in a few days because I have a lot of homework. When I get on I'll go work on the desert station. 

9 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

We need a line to the south Mesa. I think we should mine the south Mesa and leave the west Mesa untouched as a park or something. I really like how mesas look...

7 minutes ago, SparkyFox said:

alright everyone, finish up with what you're doing

Ok. 

6 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

I can build that for you. That's pretty easy. 

1 minute ago, max_creative said:

We need a line to the south Mesa. I think we should mine the south Mesa and leave the west Mesa untouched as a park or something. I really like how mesas look...

I can build that for you. That's pretty easy. 

I agree that we should leave part of the Mesa untouched. They do look really cool!

To your 2nd point, I actually want to build the Transit Junction myself since I'm getting into this redstone engineering stuff and I want to use my new skills for something useful. (as cool as hidden crafting areas are, their only use is being cool as cryogenic fuel)

I agree that we should leave part of the Mesa untouched. They do look really cool!

The south Mesa is a little smaller, but is closer. 

To your 2nd point, I actually want to build the Transit Junction myself since I'm getting into this redstone engineering stuff and I want to use my new skills for something useful. (as cool as hidden crafting areas are, their only use is being cool as cryogenic fuel)

Do you want me to teach you some redstone? Like a 4x4 door or a hidden storages or a rainbow disco beacon? 

Ok, maybe not that last one...

5 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

as cool as hidden crafting areas are, their only use is being cool as cryogenic fuel)

I totally don't use mine as hidden buttons because when they move they momentarily go invisible. Totally.

Server Announcement

Is everyone cool with me shutting down the server so I can:

• create a backup up of the entire server
  • move it to my alienware and update it there
  • copy it back over

everything will be saved, nothing will be lost

OR

Would you want to wait until you're already for bed or head off or whatever sounds less weird?
========
ahh, i'll wait until mk gets back

Edited by SparkyFox

2 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Sure. I'm not going to be on for a few days anyway. Just don't mess up the world again! :)

I'm going to make some of those with observers in 1.11! Except saying "can I have a hug?" and with no sword. :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA perfect

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.