[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

9 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?! WHO ARE YOU TO 'Own' THE RAILS?

According to your logic, because Sparky's house is a "Community Project," the rails are a "Community Project" as well, meaning no one can own it. Or is this just for things you want but don't have?

I started the project and didn't intend for people to turn it into a community project. I think this is very fair. I'm only outlining very clearly how I have been running things since the beginning. There just haven't been many thing that I have disagreed with in the past.

Edited by Florid Monkey

Just now, Florid Monkey said:

I started the project and didn't intend for people to turn it into a community project. I think this is very fair. I'm only outlining very clearly how I have been running things since the beginning. There just haven't been many thing that I have disagreed with in the past.

Also please refrain from larger type.

@Florid Monkey I'm fine with you owning the tracks since you started it and things, but it kinda has turned into a community project. @transitbiker tunneled and laid 80% of the track from Paradise to East Desert and Tree Farm, I made the transit junction aswell as helping finish Paradise station and Darkowl finished the roof of Paradise Station. So please give credit to all the people that did something important, in the time you haven't been online we've nearly completed the track. Especially transit, he's done such a good job making the track to East Desert and the tree farm.

18 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

@Florid Monkey I'm fine with you owning the tracks since you started it and things, but it kinda has turned into a community project. @transitbiker tunneled and laid 80% of the track from Paradise to East Desert and Tree Farm, I made the transit junction aswell as helping finish Paradise station and Darkowl finished the roof of Paradise Station. So please give credit to all the people that did something important, in the time you haven't been online we've nearly completed the track. Especially transit, he's done such a good job making the track to East Desert and the tree farm.

Firstly, thank you.  Secondly, i did more than just build the line past Jermey's bridge.  I scouted the route of the line, set up the tree farming area, and definitely had some help with the trunk bit into the woods past the bridge (thank you thank you thank you).  I built bridges and enclosed the rail line as to protect from hostile mobs and general interference from other mobs.  I also put work into paradise central to finish the brick and glass shell.  I then finished out the inside with the two upper floors with fencing and torches, my railways office for a central storage place for railways material & tools etc, then i went underground and completely dug out the sides to make them both uniform looking and at least two blocks thick on the other side.  As part of that project i finished all of the details that had been overlooked sich as replacing stone with stone brick at ground level outside, then dug a perimeter trench 3 blocks deep and put stone brick there to protect the lower concourse from accidental intrusion.  Then i added all the torches (from stuff i mined etc myself) underground for uniform lighting to end the continued spawning of hostile mobs down there.  I also put torches all over the basement around the redstone works, sealed off tunnels and caves to protect it from hostile mobs (creepers still blew up stuff at that point) and plugged all but one access point (leading to my humble foundry).  I took hours to craft clay bricks and glass for the station, and kept pushing for the main shell to be finished.  Then on top of that and with sparky, protected and modified the intercity trunk line to keep it safe from water, hostile mobs and careless mining.  I am actually not done with it yet, there are some modifications that need to be done such as re-routing it through the old spawn chamber vs having it go around, dropping the whole line by one block, and filling in all the mined out areas in the walls and ceiling.

Florid, you may have indeed started this project, but once you went missing the rest of us adopted it and took it over as a community project.  That is a GOOD thing, because if we didn't care, the station would still look like it was bomed out during a war, there would be water intrustions all over the place, and the line past jeremy's bridge would not exist.  Instead of acting like my girlfiend's kids over the issue, you didnt even bother to take the time and step back and realize that hello the station building is complete and looks amazing.  Hello, the line to the east desert is complete, and is in the middle of a refurbishment project to make it safe and more scenic, and has a terminal station and will have a redstone cart handler system soon.  I even decided on having surplus cart storage in chests next to the cart storage units so any imbalance in count can be corrected easily.  The line past jeremy's bridge is 3x3, allowing room to jump so you can travel faster on foot if need be plus it's more spacious visually.  My plan was to make the intercity trunk line 3x3 as well, and simplifying the torch layout to the block row between the tracks so the torches can be freed up to illuminate paradise and sanctuary to keep hostile mobs away.  I have more plans too and i can actually mostly do it all by myself thanks to the kind and generous gestures of my fellow players.

The rail system that you started has grown into the most complex and most amazing team built thing i have seen in minecraft, including any/all videos on youtube.  Can't you take pride in that, vs act all resentful of your fellow players?  C'mon dude!

- Andy

@transitbiker, I 100% agree. Even though I have been on this server for a month (Give or take), I haven't seen you (@Florid Monkey) ONCE. Not once in the span of 30 days have I seen you on the server, and in that time, the station's roof has finished, there are brand-new floors, and multiple issues have been fixed (There was a time about a month ago when the call button didn't work; I think it got overflowed). But did you do that? No; The community did. You can't take credit for what other people have done. And if you try to take credit for the things I've done, have fun having water on your head the next time it rains.

Regarding East Desert cart storage, I can make that. I have a really simple design in my head that includes storing the carts in chests instead of laggy and prone-to-failure cart stacks. One more question though, East Desert is a terminal station, meaning there won't be any other rail lines connecting to it? Not that it matters too much, just asking.

Edited by ZentroCatson

19 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

Regarding East Desert cart storage, I can make that. I have a really simple design in my head that includes storing the carts in chests instead of laggy and prone-to-failure cart stacks. One more question though, East Desert is a terminal station, meaning there won't be any other rail lines connecting to it? Not that it matters too much, just asking.

There is an area below the terminal like a basement, and under the rail bed blocks that i have clearedout for any cart storage systems.  I am in the process of completing that, which will only take a few minutes once im out there.  After that my desert line daylighting project will resume.  I have all the glass plate i need, and my home furnaces are busy processing glass block in the mean time.  I think fluburtur may have an idea for cart handling system, he likes team projects, so why don't you to work together on that one, and i'll just make space for you to to do whatever you like under the terminal area.  The entire scope of the cart storage/call system has it being underground, with nothing visible aside from tracks going down underground out of sight.  I prefer this because the primary concept of the desert terminal and why the terminal building is a lot smaller than central station is i want it to remain as-rendered by the game (scenic/ on the border between the desert and forest biomes etc).

As for terminal, yes that is the end of the line.  The other part of the desert line still in concept phase is a cargo tram for transporting mined resources back to the terminal area in a totally separate storage area for both carts and cargo.  You can make the cargo tram cart handling and cargo handling system sit side by side underground, but i do not want cargo carts on the passenger only desert line.  One thing that might be possible (and fun to do) in the long term is a second set of tracks mirroring the current tracks probably just underneath for use as a "freight line" for carts with material handling stuff (chests, hoppers etc) in them.  This will take a huge amount of work to build out, and will be a low priority since currently players can simply carry items with them in their inventory.

The line heading straight east (the desert line is actually a branch off of this at the river junction) will be extended past the remote tree farm site.  More scouting needs to be done by me since it has been a while since i've been in that area & i need to see what's what.  The line will probably have another branch going west, and a third large settlement area (after sanctuary and paradise) could totally be set up there.

P.S. whomever built that desert village, looks good, thank you for doing that, just don't mine too much stuff so close to the terminal going forward (scenic/as rendered etc).

- Andy

I have officially reached the terminal areal for the eastern trunk line after some scouting and some tunneling.  it will stop at a station that serves as a ferry/rail inter-modal terminal at an ocean.  Small seaside huts for each player can be built along the water with personal docks etc (nothing too big please), a long and noteable (coney island pier comes to mind) fishing pier would be nice, and something small and compact to supply the seaside resort with food would be amazing (yotojoe's chicken cooker comes to mind).  A very small economy area can be set up near a cliff face (torches, sand in my signature pattern put into the cliff side) away from the waterfront proper.  This rail line is not a priority and will be worked on when everything else i have planned is done for that day ie i ran out of glass etc.  I can supply all the rail myself.  This area will not have a cart storage/call system, but just one chest for carts that will be monitored and kept stocked by myself.  I foresee this line being completed 100% including glass walls and terminal ferry building by mid-january if not early feb.  A lot of rail bed has to be laid, and powered rail with levers for power must be crafted.  I can do the entire thing.  If someone wants to build the rail/ferry terminal please do contact me, it would be great to collaborate on such a project & make it a team effort.

- Andy

1 hour ago, ZentroCatson said:

Regarding the terminal: I may one day create a proper rail to the woodland mansion by properly utilising the Nether, but it may take a while.

1 minute ago, RA3236 said:

Regarding the terminal: I may one day create a proper rail to the woodland mansion by properly utilising the Nether, but it may take a while.

Actually, pinging @DarkOwl57 to put a reminder in my mailbox :)

4 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

Where is the woodland mansion?  Coords?

- Andy

Its at -14850 18000 :) there's a Nether portal to get there but it's a difficult journey :) I've basically marked it as my own base for now, still thinking if I should make it a tourist destination :/

2 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

Its at -14850 18000 :) there's a Nether portal to get there but it's a difficult journey :) I've basically marked it as my own base for now, still thinking if I should make it a tourist destination :/

Ooo, um ok.  That's really far.  Going really far (past about 4500 from x0z0 increases the save file size for the game exponentially and puts a larger load on MK's data allotment.  I am going to go ahead and say building a rail line that far is a big no-no.  Sparky and i agreed that my own adventuring out into the wilds beyond is not a keen idea.  I found ice spikes at 8000 9000 something and even made one into a tiny hut.  The next thing that happened is that i went out there and got all my stuff aside from like one thing and have never returned.  You will have to talk to MK and sparky/zoo about this, because far = BIG save file size plus the data usage.  It's cool that you found one though!  Nether portal may be the only appropreate way to get there if it's allowed at all.  I would like to check it out, but again, the save file/data use issue.

- Andy

5 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

"Other sections of track are still managed by their respective owners."

4 hours ago, transitbiker said:

Firstly, thank you.  Secondly, i did more than just build the line past Jermey's bridge.  I scouted the route of the line, set up the tree farming area, and definitely had some help with the trunk bit into the woods past the bridge (thank you thank you thank you).  I built bridges and enclosed the rail line as to protect from hostile mobs and general interference from other mobs.  I also put work into paradise central to finish the brick and glass shell.  I then finished out the inside with the two upper floors with fencing and torches, my railways office for a central storage place for railways material & tools etc, then i went underground and completely dug out the sides to make them both uniform looking and at least two blocks thick on the other side.  As part of that project i finished all of the details that had been overlooked sich as replacing stone with stone brick at ground level outside, then dug a perimeter trench 3 blocks deep and put stone brick there to protect the lower concourse from accidental intrusion.  Then i added all the torches (from stuff i mined etc myself) underground for uniform lighting to end the continued spawning of hostile mobs down there.  I also put torches all over the basement around the redstone works, sealed off tunnels and caves to protect it from hostile mobs (creepers still blew up stuff at that point) and plugged all but one access point (leading to my humble foundry).  I took hours to craft clay bricks and glass for the station, and kept pushing for the main shell to be finished.  Then on top of that and with sparky, protected and modified the intercity trunk line to keep it safe from water, hostile mobs and careless mining.  I am actually not done with it yet, there are some modifications that need to be done such as re-routing it through the old spawn chamber vs having it go around, dropping the whole line by one block, and filling in all the mined out areas in the walls and ceiling.

Florid, you may have indeed started this project, but once you went missing the rest of us adopted it and took it over as a community project.  That is a GOOD thing, because if we didn't care, the station would still look like it was bomed out during a war, there would be water intrustions all over the place, and the line past jeremy's bridge would not exist.  Instead of acting like my girlfiend's kids over the issue, you didnt even bother to take the time and step back and realize that hello the station building is complete and looks amazing.  Hello, the line to the east desert is complete, and is in the middle of a refurbishment project to make it safe and more scenic, and has a terminal station and will have a redstone cart handler system soon.  I even decided on having surplus cart storage in chests next to the cart storage units so any imbalance in count can be corrected easily.  The line past jeremy's bridge is 3x3, allowing room to jump so you can travel faster on foot if need be plus it's more spacious visually.  My plan was to make the intercity trunk line 3x3 as well, and simplifying the torch layout to the block row between the tracks so the torches can be freed up to illuminate paradise and sanctuary to keep hostile mobs away.  I have more plans too and i can actually mostly do it all by myself thanks to the kind and generous gestures of my fellow players.

The rail system that you started has grown into the most complex and most amazing team built thing i have seen in minecraft, including any/all videos on youtube.  Can't you take pride in that, vs act all resentful of your fellow players?  C'mon dude!

- Andy

I am very grateful of other peoples contributions, it is what has made the system what it is today. But other people need to respect that It is MY project. You are still the full owner of the desert and tree farm lines, as you started them and I barely contributed to them.

4 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

@transitbiker, I 100% agree. Even though I have been on this server for a month (Give or take), I haven't seen you (@Florid Monkey) ONCE. Not once in the span of 30 days have I seen you on the server, and in that time, the station's roof has finished, there are brand-new floors, and multiple issues have been fixed (There was a time about a month ago when the call button didn't work; I think it got overflowed). But did you do that? No; The community did. You can't take credit for what other people have done. And if you try to take credit for the things I've done, have fun having water on your head the next time it rains.

Nope, not taking credit. All I am asking is to not have my project stolen by other people. 

Listen, I never intended for it to be a community project when I started. I just wanted to connect a few areas up with a metro line. But a few days after building paradise station @JeremyKerman and @Fluburtur started building some inner workings for the station. I was fine with this as they where doing an amazing job. The project quickly morphed into the three of us building sanctuary station and laying out some of the first roads there. As the connection between Paradise and Sanctuary neared completion @transitbiker started helping as well. He did some great work at finnishing the Desert and Tree Farm lines, which i had only contributed a small amount to. In my absence even more people have chipped in, which I am enthused by. Other people helping has made the project 10 times better than it would have been otherwise.

You guys are misunderstanding me. My post titled Florid Rail Is not going to change anything, I am merely outlining how the project has been run since the beginning. It's just that most contributions I have been very happy with, but if there is one that I am not happy with, then I want others to be respectful of that.

-Florid Monkey

Edited by Florid Monkey

Here's the thing.  Someone would have eventually done a rail line system.  This is and will remain a collective and collaborative project.  The rail line passes through too many areas where other people are involved for it to be "owned" by anyone.  I have taken the title of railways foreman, but i would never claim to own any part of it.  My title basically means i maintain and safeguard the rail lines while also looking at improvements and enhancements.  I collaborate with people who know redstone to do the redstone, and they let me do all the crazy building and tunneling required to actually construct the right of way and put track down because that is something i am really good at.  My area of real-life expertise is sustainability, especially in transportation and planning.  It's the perfect fit for me.  Continuing with the "thanks for the contributions to my rail system, but its mine and me mine myself my idea" line of thought is not going to jive with the community we have become over the last weeks and months.  If we all work together, we can do literally anything in this game.  It has grown far beyond your original vision, and the cause has been taken up by several others eager to make lots of additional  improvements including the in-city loops at both hubs.  Lets be a team player, huh?  Don't be "that guy".

- Andy

5 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

Here's the thing.  Someone would have eventually done a rail line system.  This is and will remain a collective and collaborative project.  The rail line passes through too many areas where other people are involved for it to be "owned" by anyone.  I have taken the title of railways foreman, but i would never claim to own any part of it.  My title basically means i maintain and safeguard the rail lines while also looking at improvements and enhancements.  I collaborate with people who know redstone to do the redstone, and they let me do all the crazy building and tunneling required to actually construct the right of way and put track down because that is something i am really good at.  My area of real-life expertise is sustainability, especially in transportation and planning.  It's the perfect fit for me.  Continuing with the "thanks for the contributions to my rail system, but its mine and me mine myself my idea" line of thought is not going to jive with the community we have become over the last weeks and months.  If we all work together, we can do literally anything in this game.  It has grown far beyond your original vision, and the cause has been taken up by several others eager to make lots of additional  improvements including the in-city loops at both hubs.  Lets be a team player, huh?  Don't be "that guy".

- Andy

I don't understanding what you are complaining about. I've never claimed to own it up until now, the only reason that I am is to help make it clear that it is my project and always has been. The community has just helped along, and will continue to if they so wish.

I think we need to find a middle ground for this. How about we make Florid the CEO of our railway project? It'll still be your project Florid, but a community project at the same time. Win-Win situation! Also can you please make a credit list on your railway map with the people who helped build it? That would be really awesome from you :D

3 minutes ago, Florid Monkey said:

I don't understanding what you are complaining about. I've never claimed to own it up until now, the only reason that I am is to help make it clear that it is my project and always has been. The community has just helped along, and will continue to if they so wish.

I am not complaining.  It is A project, OUR project, group/server collaborative project.  the fact that you think i am complaining is a huge indication that you're not quite understanding the situation.  So i'm just going to do my thing, because it's xmas eve and i'd much rather be enjoying my time on the server vs argue with someone stuck in a certain mental mode.  Enjoy your day! :)

- Andy

Just now, ZentroCatson said:

I think we need to find a middle ground for this. How about we make Florid the CEO of our railway project? It'll still be your project Florid, but a community project at the same time. Win-Win situation! Also can you please make a credit list on your railway map with the people who helped build it? That would be really awesome from you :D

That is literally exactly what it has been the whole time.

Just now, ZentroCatson said:

Well, i'm going to be working on the main intercity line for a bit today, then off to put up the glass sides on the eastern trunk line.  The goal is to lower the intercity line by one block  after it exits the interchange area  onto its own right of way all the way to the far side of the lake, as well as straighten the route through the former spawn chamber which will save time and the rails used in the "bypass" area can be used elsewhere. Anyone who wants to help is welcome to join me.

- Andy

3 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

I am not complaining.  It is A project, OUR project, group/server collaborative project.  the fact that you think i am complaining is a huge indication that you're not quite understanding the situation.  So i'm just going to do my thing, because it's xmas eve and i'd much rather be enjoying my time on the server vs argue with someone stuck in a certain mental mode.  Enjoy your day! :)

- Andy

"but i would never claim to own any part of it "

looks like a complaint to me. You are complaining that I am claiming to own it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.