ZooNamedGames

[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

Recommended Posts

transitbiker    151

I have just redesigned the iron dome, laid out my ideal rail line using the intercity line as a test bed, and completed the big mob spawner.  That with the hiking cabins will be put up sometime today or tomorrow.  :)

 

- Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZentroCatson    348
4 hours ago, transitbiker said:

I have just redesigned the iron dome, laid out my ideal rail line using the intercity line as a test bed, and completed the big mob spawner.  That with the hiking cabins will be put up sometime today or tomorrow.  :)

 

- Andy

Nice work! Transit, we really really miss you on the server, and things have started to go kinda nuts... Is there really no way for you to install the mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
transitbiker    151
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

Nice work! Transit, we really really miss you on the server, and things have started to go kinda nuts... Is there really no way for you to install the mods?

Thanks.  Kinda sad roaming around in a world with no other players  Girlfriend's computer is kinda mission critical for her job so anything of any questionable or unknown effects etc can not be put onto it.  The only two games are minecraft and ksp.  Will get the screenshots up tomorrow.  Tonight won't happen because the kids are here and it's late.

 

- Andy

Edited by transitbiker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
transitbiker    151

Sorry some of the images are out of sequence.  The hiker area with camper cabins and supply cabin are shown how to build.  Mid-mountain station stop is shown.  Rebuild of the small river bridge between tunnel and tree farm station is shown.  Re-design of iron dome is shown.  Highlights of reworked tunnel sections are shown.  Bridge past tree farm to far east ocean terminal is shown.  Rework of spillway area by iron dome dam is shown.  New damn by tree farm station/small river bridge is shown with cross sections for instructional use.  Dock rail line reworked with redstone tucked out of the way is shown.  Switch that allows both port town lines to be used at the same time is shown.  Completed mob spawner is shown.  New mushroom stew cafe shown.  Super Cooker i made near my island at the redstone testing area) is shown.  Hoppers can collect items on top of blocks placed on the hopper, so you could in theory set this up to be secure for use by anyone and you can add a payment system.

 

http://imgur.com/a/qTIaT

 

- Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
transitbiker    151

The bumper cars area and monorail overview are also shown as well as where the new port town line and desert/tree farm line could get a junction so you could go from tree farm or desert to port town bypassing both paradise and sanctuary saving loads of time.  Sorry for not listing them.

 

- Andy

Derp, the hospital roof, i removed the remnants of the damaged roof.  I think it looks better now, actually.

 

Will continue to tinker and whatnot and share with you guise.

 

- Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZentroCatson    348

@transitbiker Wow, that's amazing! We really need you back on the server... What exactly is hindering you from installing Forge and the mods? Are you afraid it could potentially install some dangerous malware onto your girlfriend's computer, or are you just not wanting to mess with the files and accidentally screw something up?

Either way installing Forge and the mods is pretty easy, and I doubt it can cause any harm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
transitbiker    151
7 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

@transitbiker Wow, that's amazing! We really need you back on the server... What exactly is hindering you from installing Forge and the mods? Are you afraid it could potentially install some dangerous malware onto your girlfriend's computer, or are you just not wanting to mess with the files and accidentally screw something up?

Either way installing Forge and the mods is pretty easy, and I doubt it can cause any harm.

Literally anything not from a super known/reliable source/developer is not allowed on the computer.  It's not up to me, as it is not my computer.  I have a macbook from 2008 and a mac pro from 2007 that i got as a gift and for free respectively, and they cannot run anything past 10.7.5 which won't run minecraft 1.11 so i can't use them at all for getting on the server either let alone minecraft at all really.  Just glad i can give you guys some ideas to work with at this point. :)

 

- Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZentroCatson    348
Posted (edited)

Now that I think of this, as awesome as our mods for the server are, they're kinda hindering more people from playing. In the earlier days of the server, there were a lot more active people playing than now which meant it was more exciting to play on the server. Currently the server's quite desolate, people are on only rarely. I'd love to get more people, maybe even some of the old guys back.

Let me get to my point:

We can either choose between keeping our mods and  having a rather low player count

Or we can remove the mods and hopefully get more active people.

Of course it would be best to have both, but I don't think that's possible, partially because potential new players are too lazy to download forge and our mods :P

Edited by ZentroCatson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

Now that I think of this, as awesome as our mods for the server are, they're kinda hindering more people from playing. In the earlier days of the server, there were a lot more active people playing than now which meant it was more exciting to play on the server. Currently the server's quite desolate, people are on only rarely. I'd love to get more people, maybe even some of the old guys back.

Let me get to my point:

We can either choose between keeping our mods and  having a rather low player count

Or we can remove the mods and hopefully get more active people.

Of course it would be best to have both, but I don't think that's possible, partially because potential new players are too lazy to download forge and our mods :P

Why not have a single zip that contains both mods so you only have to install forge and extract the zip to the mods folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZentroCatson    348
9 minutes ago, Kombat engineer said:

Why not have a single zip that contains both mods so you only have to install forge and extract the zip to the mods folder.

People are still too lazy to do that, and some can't install mods like transitbiker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZentroCatson said:

People are still too lazy to do that, and some can't install mods like transitbiker

If we remove the mods we would lose a part of the uniqueness of the server(also a vanilla server is quite plain and players would not mine as much due to no ODST armor(which helps with mining a lot)) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZentroCatson    348
2 minutes ago, Kombat engineer said:

If we remove the mods we would lose a part of the uniqueness of the server(also a vanilla server is quite plain and players would not mine as much due to no ODST armor(which helps with mining a lot)) 

Again we have two choices, either more people on the server or the mods. And you've encountered the problem that there's not enough people on the server a few times yourself, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZentroCatson said:

Again we have two choices, either more people on the server or the mods. And you've encountered the problem that there's not enough people on the server a few times yourself, right?

Yeah but most people do play modded ksp it is no different to minecraft(apart from forge because mojang STILL has not relased a modding API(nice try with add-ons)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
max_creative    1557

We could try to find vanilla solutions to our problems that we're trying to solve with mods. 

 

Mostly I just said yes because I wanted turtles and orcas and stuff. :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, max_creative said:

We could try to find vanilla solutions to our problems that we're trying to solve with mods. 

 

Mostly I just said yes because I wanted turtles and orcas and stuff. :/ 

We can use Bukkit(plugins) then you don't have to install anything client side but mods are handy but it is nice being quiet so we don't get people like MewMew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkOwl57    1662

I say we make 2 servers. Get a backup of the server like it is now, and use it to make an unmodded server! This way, the people without mods can play on the same server as we do, while the modders/modded players can play on the other!

Win-Win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkOwl57    1662

Attention! We're having a court case on the discord involving @AlmostNASA with a possible charge of vandalism and arson. We need a prosecutor, a Judge, and 4 more jury members.

https://discord.gg/KYV4wPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I say we make 2 servers. Get a backup of the server like it is now, and use it to make an unmodded server! This way, the people without mods can play on the same server as we do, while the modders/modded players can play on the other!

Win-Win!

MK cant handle 2 severs on his internet,I am fine without mods but we would have to use Bukkit.(server plugins)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkOwl57    1662
Just now, Kombat engineer said:

MK cant handle 2 severs on his internet,I am fine without mods but we would have to use Bukkit.(server plugins)

well we can have MK host the modded server, and someone else host the non-modded one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

well we can have MK host the modded server, and someone else host the non-modded one!

Not all of us have fast internet.(or a spare computer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkOwl57    1662

*cough* @SparkyFox *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
max_creative    1557
1 hour ago, Kombat engineer said:

We can use Bukkit(plugins) then you don't have to install anything client side but mods are handy but it is nice being quiet so we don't get people like MewMew.

Uh... Didn't we say that we wanted MORE people to play on the server?... :/ 

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I say we make 2 servers. Get a backup of the server like it is now, and use it to make an unmodded server! This way, the people without mods can play on the same server as we do, while the modders/modded players can play on the other!

Win-Win!

YES. 

41 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Attention! We're having a court case on the discord involving @AlmostNASA with a possible charge of vandalism and arson. We need a prosecutor, a Judge, and 4 more jury members.

https://discord.gg/KYV4wPS

Discord is too slow at school. ;.; 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarkOwl57    1662
7 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Discord is too slow at school. ;.; 

Ok; do you want to be the prosecutor, the judge, or a member of the jury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
max_creative    1557
1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Ok; do you want to be the prosecutor, the judge, or a member of the jury?

Uh... I don't care... :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now