[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

Where should i park my redstone so you guise can use it?  I need some redstone myself for powered rails which will be used on the tree farm branch  I also need to use the tree farm to build more fence, like prolly 16 stacks of fence and 2 stacks of gates.  The fence is good, however to block skelly arrows, the fence needs to be two fence sections high on the parts where the right of way is close to the level of the surrounding terrain.  This allows a scenic view without endangering our passengers! :D

On second thinking, i am going to use the roofed forest out by my island for fence making.  it's about 3 times bigger than the remote tree farm and has really overly grown trees that i can trim wood off of without affecting the canopy.  So thats sorted.  I will be making trips between the desert station and my island to stockpile fence and rail.  Please leave both in the chests.  I can also leave redstone there for public use in a chest on the outside of the station.  Pleasue sue caution on areas of the line where the fence has not been doubled up yet, skellies can get you.

- Andy

30 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

Where should i park my redstone so you guise can use it? 

I don't know where you should put it.

@ZentroCatson is learning redstone so I think I'm going to teach him and let him to do it. 

30 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

Where should i park my redstone so you guise can use it?  I need some redstone myself for powered rails which will be used on the tree farm branch  I also need to use the tree farm to build more fence, like prolly 16 stacks of fence and 2 stacks of gates.  The fence is good, however to block skelly arrows, the fence needs to be two fence sections high on the parts where the right of way is close to the level of the surrounding terrain.  This allows a scenic view without endangering our passengers! :D

I guess I probably should build that automatic tree farm soon...

Hey, I kinda want my own train station for my towers. Is it ok if I make my own station and connect it to the rest of the track? 

42 minutes ago, [ Jeremy ] said:

We are planning to build an intra-city tram line to serve the city itself. We have plans as to how we're going to build it, so just designate the sides you wish to place your stations and we'll see what we can do! :wink:

Ok... I wanted to make it look like a space tunnel. I think that it might not fit very well with the rest of the tunnel. I can make a model and show you in a few days. 

ARGH END OF TRIMESTER HOMEWORK!

Where are these towers?  Just make sure to make your tunnel walls and roof 2 blocks, that way it's more creeper-proof, especially important near water, since water will muss your whole thing up.  The remote tree farm site is one i picked because i thought it would be cool to manage a "wild" forest.  It has 1000 times more wood than the local city tree farm, however it's mostly dark oak, like 95% dark oak and a mix of the other types aside from jungle.  We could plant other stuff off to one side of the current forest, put the automated bit there?  I don't have much rail to do for the line to be complete.

OK, will give zentro the redstone.  I have like 20 stacks of it all told.  Will leave it in the map chest at sanctuary.

- Andy

I will be building a through station at the tree farm, not a terminal.  I will need detector and activator rails to kick people out of the cart so they can stop automatically, as well as redstone to turn unoccupied carts around just past the station while letting occupied carts pass.  I have already laid the track bed well past the tree farm, it's just waiting for rail.  I will scout out a good spot to build a second station beyond that.  Don't worry, it will have a few bends in the route, just gotta get past the hillly area just beyond the tree farm! ^_^

- Andy

54 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

Where are these towers?

Not completely finished yet.

54 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

OK, will give zentro the redstone.  I have like 20 stacks of it all told.  Will leave it in the map chest at sanctuary.

Sure. Give him 1/3, give me 1/3, and keep 1/3 for your powered rails. 

55 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

I will be building a through station at the tree farm, not a terminal.  I will need detector and activator rails to kick people out of the cart so they can stop automatically, as well as redstone to turn unoccupied carts around just past the station while letting occupied carts pass.  I have already laid the track bed well past the tree farm, it's just waiting for rail.  I will scout out a good spot to build a second station beyond that.  Don't worry, it will have a few bends in the route, just gotta get past the hillly area just beyond the tree farm! ^_^

Ok.

3 hours ago, max_creative said:

Not completely finished yet.

Sure. Give him 1/3, give me 1/3, and keep 1/3 for your powered rails. 

Ok.

I will leave all the stuff i'm giving to you guise in the map chest.  I gotta do fence along the tree branch first, because i'm already by the desert terminal loaded up with fence and little else. ^-^

- Andy

Edited by transitbiker

4 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

I will leave all the stuff i'm giving to you guise in the map chest. 

Sure.

I might be on today. Might. If I am I'll put the redstone in a more secure location. 

5 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

I gotta do fence along the tree branch first, because i'm already by the desert terminal loaded up with fence and little else. ^-^

Do you need wood? I can get you some if you want. 

8 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Sure.

I might be on today. Might. If I am I'll put the redstone in a more secure location. 

Do you need wood? I can get you some if you want. 

One trip to the mainland from my island and i can get an inv full of whatever wood stuff i need, but thanks! :D

I could put it in the glass dispenser, if you want.

- Andy

Thanks for the redstone offering! I don't think I'll need as much of that stuff as @transitbiker has, though I won't have to ever go mining again if I'll have 75 stacks of redstone :P

On the junction side of things, I made a working prototype in creative. The redstone is really simple, but I have to elevate the track that goes back from east desert. Basically how it works is the track remains in an idle position. If you press the right button, the track doesn't switch and you travel in one direction. If you press the left button, the track switches and you go in the other direction. The track then auto-resets for the next player. And I implemented this system on all 3 tracks :D

I'll build it today, though I only have a stack of iron left... it should be enough, I think.

2 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Yeee :D

Just don't put rabbits on the trampoline... :) 

9 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

Thanks for the redstone offering! I don't think I'll need as much of that stuff as @transitbiker has, though I won't have to ever go mining again if I'll have 75 stacks of redstone :P

On the junction side of things, I made a working prototype in creative. The redstone is really simple, but I have to elevate the track that goes back from east desert. Basically how it works is the track remains in an idle position. If you press the right button, the track doesn't switch and you travel in one direction. If you press the left button, the track switches and you go in the other direction. The track then auto-resets for the next player. And I implemented this system on all 3 tracks :D

I'll build it today, though I only have a stack of iron left... it should be enough, I think.

Cool! So it uses the southeast rule? 

If you run out of iron ask me or @transitbiker. I have some because I use lots of hoppers and he probably has some from all the rails.

8 hours ago, max_creative said:

Just don't put rabbits on the trampoline... :) 

Cool! So it uses the southeast rule? 

If you run out of iron ask me or @transitbiker. I have some because I use lots of hoppers and he probably has some from all the rails.

Actually, I have no idea what the southeast rule is...

Edit:

Good news, I finished the junction! I did find a bug in the system, but I fixed it. Now we have a fully-functional grand junction! 

As a side note, I had to invert the minecart railway, since a left way track would make a junction harder to do. I did it by crossing the two tracks, so I didn't touch the redstone under paradise station. Just keep in mind  the the minecart track to the east desert is now a right side one.

Edited by ZentroCatson

8 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

Actually, I have no idea what the southeast rule is...

Oh. 

Basically when a track north or south meets another track going east or west the minecart goes east. And when an east west track meets a north south one it goes south. And when you make a four way track intersection the track curves east and south. 

8 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

Good news, I finished the junction! I did find a bug in the system, but I fixed it. Now we have a fully-functional grand junction! 

As a side note, I had to invert the minecart railway, since a left way track would make a junction harder to do. I did it by crossing the two tracks, so I didn't touch the redstone under paradise station. Just keep in mind  the the minecart track to the east desert is now a right side one.

Yay! Good job! 

38 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Oh. 

Basically when a track north or south meets another track going east or west the minecart goes east. And when an east west track meets a north south one it goes south. And when you make a four way track intersection the track curves east and south. 

Yay! Good job! 

You could have used an inverter on the intersection...

1 hour ago, MK3424 said:

You could have used an inverter on the intersection...

@ZentroCatson built it! I haven't actually seen it yet. 

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

IronDome has two attractions now, an archery range AND a slime bouncy room.

YAY!!! :) 

I really want to try out that bouncy room! You should try to make a house out of slime blocks! 

58 minutes ago, AlmostNASA said:

ooh, fancy Will go there NOW!!!!!!

Me too! =D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.