Orbit Portal Showroom [Show me your OPT Spaceplanes!]

JadeOfMaar

Oh, I'm only using 2 drives as well. The six caps you're seeing are the condensers. I'm also only using three reactors. Also, the drives apply motion to the forward direction of your current control device, so do you have a downward-facing probe in there somewhere?

Also, don't forget that the reactors have their own radiators, which are more than sufficient to keep themselves cool. I'm actually thinking of removing the external radiators for that very reason.

Edited by Ohm Machre

18 hours ago, Ohm Machre said:

Oh, I'm only using 2 drives as well. The six caps you're seeing are the condensers. I'm also only using three reactors. Also, the drives apply motion to the forward direction of your current control device, so do you have a downward-facing probe in there somewhere?

Also, don't forget that the reactors have their own radiators, which are more than sufficient to keep themselves cool. I'm actually thinking of removing the external radiators for that very reason.

No, no. Those are Condenser Drives (the big gray caps) and Condenser Frames (the even smaller ones, green on a whole side but are not engines). The reactors cool themselves well? With NFE installed??? This is unheard-of to me. :P Must be another epic fix in Mk2 Expansion.

7 hours ago, Patoz said:

Hello again @JadeOfMaar!

I did as you said so and I indeed got some more parts, but I am still missing some of them, like the two bigger brothers of the OPT K and some engines. I did install the non-legacy version, can you tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks!

Did you download the update to OPT Legacy? *inserts proper link as it's not too visible on the main post on SpaceDock* They're synchronized to some extent so just installing the new OPT and not the latest of OPT Legacy may mess you up. Legacy is where K's big brother, the Mk2 turbo engine and the really long engines are.

The list of form factors is: Avatar, Stail, J, Juno, K, and Humpback.

This is Stail class, part of Legacy and formerly J class.

KjsxvMM.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@JadeOfMaar I installed the version from the curse website (the non-legacy one) although I got more parts I think some of them are missing as I can see from the posted screenshots. And by the OPT K's bigger brother I was meaning the cockpit and the fuselage of that alien ship you built.

Plus, the textures are missing from all of the cockpits :( 

Edited by Patoz

And at last, CMAU Incorporated is extremely proud to present: the Avatar Valkyrie Shuttle, now on KerbalX! https://kerbalx.com/Mycroft_33/Valkyrie-Shuttle 

An amazing and easy (ish) to fly VTOL SSTO, this is the only shuttle we know of that can take off VTOL style, make orbit and back, and land in VTOL mode! Capable of amazing speed! 

b3txxbB.jpg

OISmZKb.jpg 

MllSQyB.jpg 

I hope you all enjoy this fantastic craft!

Edited by Mycroft

11 hours ago, stali79 said:

Have looked through your log. I am seeing all parts loading correctly and all textures loading correctly. something else must be interferring with OPT, have you tried removing scatterer?

No I havent, I will try today

@JadeOfMaar

Well that's a mighty fine ship then! :P

My mission is to create a well rounded SSTO that can do pretty much every small task, it can do the following:

1. Deploy satellites and cargo of all weights/small size in 80km orbit (Low-Kerbin).

2. Dock with mostly any type of other space vessel through robo-arm or main port.

3. It can refuel in atmosphere via the robotic arm that attaches to another tanker.

4. It can travel from one planet to another after docking with interplanetary vessels.

5. Can survive maximum G-Forces on all angles, sides and regions of the hull.

6. It is invulnerable to heat damage as most of the parts are resistant to heat.

These are the current issues with the LongSword that require attention:

1. Take-off speed to be lowered around 120m/s

2. Stall speed to be lowered to 40 m/s from 65 m/s.

I call that a big overall achievement @Andrew2070 with much thanks to the robo arm. My final design tip for you is to replace some of your Monopropellant supply with more LFO and use only Vernier engines for RCS. Those wings by themselves will remain the biggest hindrance to the success of your design so you'll need to force the aerodynamics with beastly RCS.

Congrats on the craft release @Mycroft. I hope a craft update comes soon™ and that its update contains a butt or some clothing for the butt. :P

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Congrats on the craft release @Mycroft. I hope a craft update comes soon™ and that its update contains a butt or some clothing for the butt. :P

Thanks! Yes the Avatar tail was deleted from the 1.1.3 update, and I'm trying to get OPT working for 1.2. It will be reviewed here: 

6 minutes ago, Andrew2070 said:

Lmao Butt.

Isn't there a cargo rampart tail for that line of OPT parts?

There was but I removed it as it wasnt atmo sealed nor did it open. the old chimera tail was left in and has the same form factor

Made a small thing based on what a famous player built on his YouTube stream recently. I held to his trend of avoiding fins/elevons up front and compensated with more in the back, but added my style of fins for yaw control, then ARI's to make it an SSTO.

FrEBqkh.jpgLQMtcrO.jpgziia4WC.jpg

Then I did a good bit of tooling around with the ISC Smoke's Future. Being a scientist and not a pilot, my meager piloting style requires less low-altitude cruising and proper to mildly excessive power for smooth and sharp ascents rather than really long, drawn-out flat runs to build speed. Like any OPT engineer, or any kerbal I saw the opportunity for MORE BOOSTERS staring me in the face and attached 4 J-92's to it (those open J Bicouplers)... and clipped 4 OPT mk2 intakes to feed them. the J-81 is a very complicated engine where atmo performance is concerned, and insufficient by itself on this super-heavy (300+ tons) plane.

@stali79 seeing as you made this thing. What is this sorcery that you've done to embed TAC-LS capacity in the cabins? :0.0:

yAQ3KDQ.jpgpoDjLcf.jpgV8y7pbg.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.