Latest Update creating more problems

Downloaded the update for Xbox about 5 hours ago.  Said that it needed to convert my saves.  I converted them.  Played my career for about 5 hours.  Quicksave as... files started loading randomly with regard to title, multiple reloads eventually loaded correct save.  B button stopped working to select craft parts while in orbit - then restarted KSP and my career was gone.

Is this the save game issue that was supposed to be fixed today?  

3 hours ago, mikey117 said:

yeah my save is gone aswell;.;.

dont know whether to start a new game now as the same thing might happen when 1.2 comes out.

It has taken them two and a half months to fix one bug on one platform, I wouldn't count on 1.2 ever coming to console.

7 hours ago, Deadmanrunning said:

Wow they dropped the ball again eh. What more could we expect from a company like this...

To be fair, I don't think Squad is to blame here except with regard to a few management decisions.  Flying Tiger should bear the burden here with regard to the adaptation (port) to the consoles.  I think they probably bit off more than they could chew going to both PS4 and Xbox as it sounds like PS4 is having even more trouble than the Xbox. 

Unfortunately, I fear the game, still isn't getting enough of the right kind of attention, despite relative media publishing glowing reviews (no Goo pun intended).  It's unfortunate that for whatever reason Microsoft hasn't allowed them to launch under the new game preview mode, as this would have been a perfect choice for the sub-genre of development.

I love the game and hope it gets up and going with enough support from the community of fans that are growing on Xbox.  It's a rarity for an indie game to be rated so highly on the star system and not be rewarded with proper sales figures to be able to work out the kinks. 

Maybe this is just a case of trying to get to orbit for the first time, wherein their height is 580,000 meters?  Maybe they have the cash to bring the right people on board mid-launch (with regard to the consoles)? Maybe they won't learn from their mistakes and quit?  It's gonna be dramatic, one way or another - hopefully - otherwise I'm gonna keep crashing the whole game while crashing on the Mun.

Honestly, it's kind of a nice throwback to the PC games of old, lets just hope it doesn't go the way of Quest For Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness.

6 hours ago, mikey117 said:

yeah my save is gone aswell;.;.

dont know whether to start a new game now as the same thing might happen when 1.2 comes out.

I share the sentiment.

11 hours ago, Cheesemass said:

To be fair, I don't think Squad is to blame here except with regard to a few management decisions.  Flying Tiger should bear the burden here with regard to the adaptation (port) to the consoles.  I think they probably bit off more than they could chew going to both PS4 and Xbox as it sounds like PS4 is having even more trouble than the Xbox. 

I totally agree squad deserve a lot of praise for making such a fantastic game its just a shame FTE have made such a train wreck of the console port. Then again maybe its the xbone itself that's the problem I fear we may not have a stable build of this game until we get the Scorpio release, such a shame as I am totally addicted to this game,lol

2 hours ago, mikey117 said:

I totally agree squad deserve a lot of praise for making such a fantastic game its just a shame FTE have made such a train wreck of the console port. Then again maybe its the xbone itself that's the problem I fear we may not have a stable build of this game until we get the Scorpio release, such a shame as I am totally addicted to this game,lol

If the Scorpio will run the game faster it will absolutely fly on the quote specs of that console. If not, I doubt Squad will make another version for it.

They used more than 3 moths to produce a patch which destroys our games now completly. All my 100+ gameplay is gone and I lost my save completly! Good Job FT! What a crap company are you!!!

The old save bug was a minor one and there were workarounds for it, but now we lose all our progess completly. This crap save conversion was never tested on their side and alone this is a shame, a very, very big one!!!

Edited by Monkey-CH

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, Deadmanrunning said:

Wow they dropped the ball again eh. What more could we expect from a company like this...

Yeah, what do we expect. This independent company coming out with their first game being extremely ambitious in size and scope, what do they know. It's not like this game has been widely accredited as "good" but also by critics, aerospace companies (such as NASA and SpaceX (specifically NOT Elon Musk himself)) or any political figures.

Honestly, they act like they know what their doing and they're giving it all their effort. HA, what a joke this company is.

[/sarcasm]

Edited by ZooNamedGames

5 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Yeah, what do we expect. This independent company coming out with their first game being extremely ambitious in size and scope, what do they know. It's not like this game has been widely accredited as "good" but also by critics, aerospace companies (such as NASA and SpaceX (specifically NOT Elon Musk himself)) or any political figures.

Honestly, they act like they know what their doing and they're giving it all their effort. HA, what a joke this company is.

[/sarcasm]

I see you have thousands of posts and are on pc. Thanks for seeing it from my point of view, I found a few PC players are sympathic to our cause.

3 minutes ago, Deadmanrunning said:

I see you have thousands of posts and are on pc. Thanks for seeing it from my point of view, I found a few PC players are sympathic to our cause.

I think he was being, as he said - sarcastic.  Let's not forget this is a great game with a company trying really hard to make the cut.

Sarcasm^2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.