[1.1.3][WIP] SpaceX Interplanetary Spaceship

CMDR Flexo

1 minute ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Before you get too far down the line, the landing legs should probably be separate parts.  The leg modules really don't play well with multiples in the one part.

Thanks for the tip. I'll was going to make them clip on parts, like standard legs. The ones in the screenshot are more or less a mock-up

On 10/3/2016 at 9:04 AM, CMDR Flexo said:

Do you know how to set up engine parts?

I have a rig set up in Unity:

GJHSUxk.png

PartTools is exporting fine:

101UtUt.png

EEwQgGz.png

And here's my config:

http://pastebin.com/mkR61b3Z

---

Haven't gotten the part to load in. Keeps stalling here:

QQxJH6x.png

My other parts, the Spaceship and Booster have been cooperating coming out of the same Unity project I've got set up

Many of the modules won't do multiple copies within a part.

For engines though, you can just name all the mesh/transforms the same and treat it as one engine, with three (or whatever) times the single thrust.  Each engine would have identically named Gimbal transforms, and similarly for the thrust transforms.  KSP will just split the thrust evenly among the transforms and swivel each gimbal.  I've used this a lot with subnozzles for aerospikes etc.

4 minutes ago, CMDR Flexo said:

Thanks for the tip. I'll was going to make them clip on parts, like standard legs. The ones in the screenshot are more or less a mock-up

No worries.  I saw the mock up and thought I'd get in before the hole was dug too deep.  :-)

Thanks again. I need to edit the main post with recent updates.

h7ablhT.png

I got all 5 sets of engines working, A gimballed three and five Raptor cluster for the spaceship and booster, respectively. Three rings, 7 Raptor VAC for the ship and the others for the booster.

hke8LQr.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only issue I've been having is that the engines only seem to gimbal in one direction. A friend of mine is also having this issue. I'm seeing the same problem on stock engines as well, so I don't know if it's something about the game's install (not running any mods except my own and Hangar Extender).

v6DNhvq.gif

Video of the stock "Vector" only responding to Yaw/Roll (A/D Q/E) input.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CnmaXxG.gif

My Raptor triplet showing the same problem.

Edited by CMDR Flexo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.