[1.1.3][WIP] SpaceX Interplanetary Spaceship

CMDR Flexo

Hi! I would like to be test pilot. Play KSP almost for 1 year, mostly in RSS RO. I suppose, I have good skills in rocket, space plane and vtol piloting. Already made and tested my own ITS alike crafts. Looking forward to fly this ship and give feedback to improve it, thanks!

Sorry for my english :0.0:

the spacecraft, has always RCS active, and if you try to start it, the view starts to rise while the ship stays on the ground, also missing the glass and solar panels. (Does not work)
The first stage is very difficult to control during flight, and has no feet for landing (missing pre assembled rocket). The textures are to be improved, and you need to find a better assembly system, because the hangar is too small and makes it impossible to build the rocket in full, thanks to the beta, I hope I told you everything. Application is compatible for version 1.2?

Wow!  She's a daisy, that's for sure.  I just took it for a test ride.  Despite setting up with the bottom third of the booster below the launch pad it took off just fine.  Nice and stable in flight.  I discovered that simply hitting "X" does not shut down the engines.  They look shut down, no roar, no exhaust, but the apoapsis grows and the fuel level goes down.  So you have to right-click and shut them down manually.  Landing with a suicide burn would probably work, but once I rotated to a nose down position for a reentry I could not recover and nosed into the ground.  Crew portraits do not appear, and no IVA. The control vanes do not move.

So, it still needs a little work, but you have done a great job and this is going to be a great addition to the game.   Thanks for doing this.

Ok, I tested it in Launch, Booster landing and ITS journey to Duna. I have some comments and suggestions. 

1. Something weird with engines. When throttling is 0% it still provides thrust. First time i thought it is kraken increases velocity :wink: In order to stop it, I had to shut down engine manually. Also central cluster of booster swithces off only 1 of 7 engines via action groups and I had to stwich others manually. It was difficult to land, because that buggy thrust TWR on Duna is more than 1, when ITS is almost dry!

2. Difficult to point grid fins. Seems to me they dont work.

3. I thinks there should not be a reaction wheel on the booster, and probably in ITS (but it more for RSS players). And we need more powerful RCS thruster on top of booster.

4. ITS central landing engines do not have yaw animation (may be yaw at all, I forgot to check it) and usually explodes when Vac engines work.

5. When I entered Duna atmosphere on 5300 m/s (80 days travel, right? On Kerbin orbit boost impulse was about 2200 m/s) with PE at 25 km, first exploded landing gear (roll was at 0 degree) and the ITS itslef :(. May be on RSS with Mars it will not be so taugh. So to land on Duna I cheated with temperature ignore button and aerobrake worked only with 14 km PE, higher PE is not enough to slow down ITS. 

6. There is no landing gear restraction animation, only deploying.

7. I would suggest to make heat shielding as a separate part with ablator points. I ussualy play with Kerbal construction time, which provides opportuinity to make realy reusable crafts. Without separate shielding there is no way to replace parts, only replacing the whole spaceship instead of reuse.

Hope you will fix everything and make really great mod :) I think the first thing should be fixed is bug with engines. 

What is gonna be with cargo bay?

Everyone

The Engines have a minimum throttle, You have to set an action group to shut the\ m down

We are still working on the gridfins

The engines doesnt have Yaw, were working on that aswell

The landing gears are pretty new, SO expect bugs

And for

8 hours ago, mamuka98 said:

the spacecraft, has always RCS active, and if you try to start it, the view starts to rise while the ship stays on the ground, also missing the glass and solar panels. (Does not work)

That is not an issue with our mod that is an issue with your KSP, IIRC You have an old version of module manager and RCSSounds installed

And yes, We are working on the windows and solarpanels

Bonus:We have an ISRU :wink:

#Gradatim Ferociter

Edited by Haxorlols

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/11/2016 at 3:51 PM, Haxorlols said:

Everyone

The Engines have a minimum throttle, You have to set an action group to shut the\ m down

We are still working on the gridfins

The engines doesnt have Yaw, were working on that aswell

The landing gears are pretty new, SO expect bugs

And for

That is not an issue with our mod that is an issue with your KSP, IIRC You have an old version of module manager and RCSSounds installed

And yes, We are working on the windows and solarpanels

Bonus:We have an ISRU :wink:

#Gradatim Ferociter

The engines probably aren't gimballing properly because your gimbal transform doesn't have its local z axis pointing towards the exhaust (down). 

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.