What would be atleast 20 times cooler then building a ship on Kerbin? THAT'S RIGHT! BUILDING IT IN ORBIT! There should be certain (EXTREMELY LARGE) parts that can be launched into space, and then, when there is enough electricity, ore and other possible recourses, the parts are capable of creating saved ships, or maybe it even has a special construction meny, simmilar to the VAB or the SPH, but with less features. It would be awesome. Imagine having a giant structure in space, that just prints out an entire space station! Any containers would be empty, however, and have to be fueled in space. And there also would of course not be any astronauts onboard of the ship. A fun thing to add to one of the construction bays description would be "Warranty void if [NAME OF CONSTRUCTION BAY] rebuilds itself and causes robot uprising" 

1 hour ago, Van Disaster said:

You just described the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod.

There's been a lot of discussion of orbital construction recently in this subforum, may want to go and review.

Yep and there is an easier version that works only with Ore, but can't remember the name.

Hi @Robotic_Killer, welcome to the forums. 

As mentioned above, this has been suggested many times, if you check out the existing threads you should be able to follow it on those. 

For me, I don't think the feature as you described it would be 'right' for the stock game,  but I think there could be a place for some sort of 'in space' assembly facilities.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.