Simple Staging Mod

jfigueredo

I have a modding request, seems like it would be relatively simple, I would create it myself but I have not found any information on how I would go about doing this. The idea is simple, to have an option in the right click menu to simply remove any part from the staging list. Seems like this should already be a stock feature. There are times when you don't necesarilly want a part to stage and want to keep it as an option during flight. For example I may have a radial decoupler with a probe on it, I would at some point in my flight want to decouple this and leave it in orbit somewhere but want to decide that in flight. So I would simply right click on the part in the VAB and click "disable staging" and it would remove it from the staging list. Then I would have to right click and manually decouple the part in flight. Anyone know where I could get information on how to do this myself. I'm no coder but I am a tech guy so if given the information I could potentially do this myself.

25 minutes ago, jfigueredo said:

Ooooh how would I implement this, would this be a per part config edit?

No,this will apply to all decouples.For the "implementation",1st you need modulemanager,2nd just paste the patch in text editor (notepad...) and save it as decouler.cfg and put it in your GameData folder.
You can read more about how to apply or write a patch in Module Manager thread.

17 hours ago, jfigueredo said:

One more question, will module manager work with 1.2pre yet and is there a way to add any part that has staging to this sort of patch, engines, decouplers, chutes ect?

No,ModuleManager will not work with 1.2pre,and yes it's possible,you just need to add it to the right "MODULE".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.