Mac OS graphics glitches

Hi there! 

I've recently decided to start playing KSP again and in the past the KSP launcher really gave me headaches so I decided to transfer my KSP to steam. I then clean installed KSP through steam and launched the game, adjusted all the settings to my personal preferences and started the game. I started getting extremely weird graphical bugs that then result in the game crashing. I'm very very confused as to why this is the case. KSP has never been the most stable piece of software on a Mac but this is now completely unusable. Below a more detailed description:

KSP Version: 1.1.3.1289

What Happens: Graphics turn black or invisible, game will crash eventually

Mods / Add-Ons: None

Steps to Replicate: 
1. Start any save game
2. Go straight into the VAB from the space center view

Result: Kerbals are not green, they are black. Most of the VAB walls are missing (doesn't always happen). Other objects within the VAB are black also. When returning to space center view, parts of the space center and Kerbin also turn black or invisible. Eventually the game crashes, especially when moving the mouse to the top of the screen where the Mac OS overlay appears.

Fixes/Workarounds: None

Other Notes/Pictures/Log Files: This also happens when switching from the flying vehicle to the map and back. This causes the Nav-Ball to completely vanish. Although any of these steps don't always result in the graphics turning black. It happens randomly, but aways when the graphics change (eg. going from one building to another, switching from the map view to the vehicle, etc.). Sometimes random parts of vehicles that are in the VAB also become invisible.

Screenshot of the VAB when the bug occurs:

http://imgur.com/a/KbSEo 

Crash Report:

http://pastebin.com/ykY02QmV

From what I've gathered, Unity itself is prone to all sorts of problems under macOS Sierra, so there's not a lot that KSP can do about it for now.

If you can reboot in El Capitan, you should try that first.

11 hours ago, sal_vager said:

@McWaffel, can you please try disabling anti aliasing from the KSP settings screen, that option often causes issues on Macs, especially with Intel GPU's.

I don't have an Intel GPU. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB dedicated graphics card. I'll try disabling AA though. It's hard to tell if it will help though because the more I play, the less often the bug seems to appear. We'll see I guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.