CommNet Signal Strength Calculator & Antenna Selector

30 minutes ago, Blaarkies said:

@Poodmund Thanks for this awesome tool! It has inspired me to make an interactive tool

Awesome, that's amazing. If you need any guidance with calculations feel free to ask.

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Awesome, that's amazing. If you need any guidance with calculations feel free to ask.

Thanks, I definitely will :D

The important part I think it still needs, is showing users if a relay hop to Kerbin is possible:

• If the relay satellite has a very strong direct antenna, it will show a green line, even though its weak relay antenna might not reach Kerbin to actually do the relay
  • I think it needs 2 lines. A solid line for relay strength, and a dashed line for the direct connection strength (which uses direct+relay antennae)

Its also worth noting that if you plan to draw multiple hops back to the KSC, KSP decides the route back by sequential testing and chooses you the first successful link back. It first tests a link directly back to the KSC and if that isn't available, checks hops to craft that exist in chronological order (I think).