Give the Guy Building His Own Engine a Part

If you haven't noticed, there is a super-nerd trying to build his own liquid fuel rocket engine.  He has posted his ideas in the science section of the forums and he is a KSP fan.  If he manages to build and test his motor, I would like to suggest Squad gets his data and makes a part (porkjet!) that players can use.  So far his math looks pretty cool.  It is also a cool way to motivate people to build stuff at home, play KSP, etc.

Since he is building his rocket at home, I imagine it's performance wouldn't be stellar (Nyuk Nyuk) but it's cost would be very low.

I built a thermite SRB once (it exploded about a inch into the air, turns out sparklers and aluminum+Rust aren't a great fuel, nor are they great for uncles driveway).  Can I has part?

Also, that rocket likely wont be able to lift itself.

That would be @ap0r's engine. Thread is here and it's also stickied as one of October's Threads of the Month. :) 

Edit. I like the idea of having a shout-out to ap0r in the game. Perhaps a slightly upgraded version of the LV1-R "Spider" could be included using the same part model but a different texture (say with a coloured band added) to make it stand out. It could be called the Advanced Prototype 0 - Radial, or AP0-R for short.

Edited by KSK

That would be absolutely awesome. Right now the project is halted due to real life issues on my part, but rest assured I'm still highly motivated to finish it! I've learned a ton from what I've done so far, and am really looking forward to being able to continue the process. If you need 3D data, I can provide you with the CAD files.

I like this idea. A small engine, cheap compared to the others, perhaps heavier too. Higher impact tolerance (due to ap0r's decision to go for thicker materials for a higher safety margin at the expense of a heavier engine) would potentially make it useful for landers. Maybe if it was also tuned for atmospheric use (same as the actual one) it could find a role as a 0.625 atmospheric launch/lander engine (which KSP doesn't really have).

Only problem is that he is in real life, and you are playing in KSP with liquid fuel and oxidizer.. At least  if you want to make squad an official mod for his engine, it had to be a mod compatible with Realism Overhaul, so official mod from squad is no option I think..

But it is possible that a mod maker rebuilds his engine for KSP, would get a lot of attention I think :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.