[v1.3] The Gold Standard - Minable Gold and Unobtainium for profit!

Dewar

8 hours ago, rukhafi said:

Hey! Where is my Unobtainium on Icarus?:mad:

Before you go looking to pour your anger on a modder, remember this. Modders firstly make their mods for their own enjoyment, not yours, and in their free time, and without asking to be paid. The modder has every right to leave you hanging with that attitude.

Your situation is either caused by getting a bad roll from the RNG in a new save game, or the tiniest error occurred in its configs somewhere-- neither of which are worth getting steamed over.

...Since it's called Unobtanium, maybe it decided it wanted to be unobtainable at Icarus.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

dear guys! of course it was a joke and irony. don't you have a sense of humor? great respect and thanks for the modder, which gave the real goal to fly somewhere and build bases, etc. because of this it was especially insulting not to find there this valuable resource
consider pls that English is not my native language and don't be so sensitive :D;)

Edited by rukhafi

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:35 AM, Dewar said:

The changes to come are as follows:

- unobtainium removed (thought it useless) 
-NQ-125 added: a high thrust fuel multiplier that can be utilized with a number of switchable engines. Configs to be adjusted on feedback (currently quite conservative IMO)
- Removed all functionality with vanilla drills.
- retextured and updated bahamut's set of drills for use on gold and NQ-125. (Will be leaving full credit for his models) 
-drill configs have been altered to incentivize use of more crew on drilling rigs, and greater infrastructure through drill consumption of liq/ox depending on resource.

Interesting set of proposed changes :) 

For the bahamut replacement drill, I assume you meant BahamutoD and the EL drills?

On 5/10/2018 at 7:31 PM, wile1411 said:

Interesting set of proposed changes :) 

For the bahamut replacement drill, I assume you meant BahamutoD and the EL drills?

Hi again! 

Why yes I did mean those drills!

For anyone still following I am still interested in the mod, I'm just busy with other things atm. Apologies for the slow releases.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2016 at 6:02 PM, Senior Slaphead said:

Looks good so far... I've been busy making different drop modules for my lander: Scanner, Hab & Power, Gold Mining Rig, Loot Container etc.  I'll post some vids and feedback when I've been at it for a bit.

GOLD MINING RIG:

Gold%20Drilling%20Rig_zpsqppcs09n.jpg

CREW HAB, POWER & LIFE SUPPORT (KERBALISM):

Hab%20amp%20Power_zpsllv5x0bf.jpg

I like the design of your dropships, but they are based on RCS landing only?

• 1 month later...

@Trevisan

Probably, seeing how Dewar just answered in may. Buuut I wouldnt mind him confirming this himself. ;-)

I am wondering, btw, is anyone playing this mod with the community-techtree and a light selection of essential mods? If so - what did you pick? I found my community-tree has quite some empty nodes....

On 7/13/2018 at 7:51 AM, Audiopulse said:

@Trevisan

Probably, seeing how Dewar just answered in may. Buuut I wouldnt mind him confirming this himself. ;-)

I am wondering, btw, is anyone playing this mod with the community-techtree and a light selection of essential mods? If so - what did you pick? I found my community-tree has quite some empty nodes....

Well time to find out, will report back after trying

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@Dewar or mods, I hope this isn't necroing things.

Over at the Stock Mining Expansion thread, @TheProtagonists drafted a patch to apply GS to SMX's drills, the hyperlink goes to his post and patch there. Thing is, testing his patch leads to the the largest drill in SMX ("Terravore") drilling only about 0.30 GoldOre/sec., compared to the stock radial drill's 1.5 GoldOre/sec. The electrical consumption adjusts to maintain the same ratio in both (about 15 GoldOre per EC consumed, I think?), but the effect is that the largest SMX drill actually works slower than the stock radial drill in mining GoldOre, when for regular ore the Terravore should be ripping out 20 Ore/sec compared to the stock radial drill's 1.5 Ore/sec.

So on behalf of TheProtagonists and myself, and anyone else who might want GS functionality out of SMX, what parts of the drill module do we need to modify in the SMX drill modules to give them GS functionality at their SMX input/output ratio vs. the stock drills? Again, taking the Terravore as an example, it needs to output 20 GoldOre/sec for 120 ECs/sec input (whereas the patch as written only puts out 0.30 GoldOre/sec.). Manipulating the numbers for the ISRU was more straightforward than playing with the drills, to be honest. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help!

23 hours ago, B-STRK said:

@Dewar or mods, I hope this isn't necroing things.

Over at the Stock Mining Expansion thread, @TheProtagonists drafted a patch to apply GS to SMX's drills, the hyperlink goes to his post and patch there. Thing is, testing his patch leads to the the largest drill in SMX ("Terravore") drilling only about 0.30 GoldOre/sec., compared to the stock radial drill's 1.5 GoldOre/sec. The electrical consumption adjusts to maintain the same ratio in both (about 15 GoldOre per EC consumed, I think?), but the effect is that the largest SMX drill actually works slower than the stock radial drill in mining GoldOre, when for regular ore the Terravore should be ripping out 20 Ore/sec compared to the stock radial drill's 1.5 Ore/sec.

So on behalf of TheProtagonists and myself, and anyone else who might want GS functionality out of SMX, what parts of the drill module do we need to modify in the SMX drill modules to give them GS functionality at their SMX input/output ratio vs. the stock drills? Again, taking the Terravore as an example, it needs to output 20 GoldOre/sec for 120 ECs/sec input (whereas the patch as written only puts out 0.30 GoldOre/sec.). Manipulating the numbers for the ISRU was more straightforward than playing with the drills, to be honest. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help!

Efficiency = 0.3 to 20
ResourceName = ElectricCharge
Ratio = 3 to 6
The above should be equivalent to that output. Good luck.
Edited by Dewar

Hey just, just noticed this mod and have some interest in it, following it now, looks very good. Curious as to what makes it encouraging to do mining and refining? Will there be certain resources only available on certain bodies thus encouraging having freighters etc? Thanks

-Doc

An lastly is kerbalism supported?

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm this mod is working properly even in the newest 1.6 KSP, even with all the other mods I have in my list. I assume it works fine in prior version too.

Edit: Newly added parts (a variety of holding tanks for Gold/Ore and the Gold ISRU) seem to be weirdly placed in the tech tree. Not sure if it is intended

Edited by Aonova

• 5 weeks later...

First off, thanks for this mod! I am using this with a bunch of other including the MKS-USI mods. I just finished writing some Module Manager patches to add Gold and Gold Ore to some USI Kontainers to take advantage of logistics, which seems to work.

However, I'd like the rate of gold made in the Gold Smelter to be even lower for balance (1% gold, 99% ore). If I use .025 for the gold output ratio (plus adjust ore) will it work or do I need to increase the input ratio in order to keep decimal places to two or less? I'm afraid if I increase the input ratio it would process faster but I'm not sure.

I'm a MM/modding noob and only just started yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Has anyone adopted this mod? @JadeOfMaar?

I would think not. And if I did adopt this, I'd nerf its Gold abundance, change where you can expect it to appear, and delete its Unobtanium. Effectively, I'd give it my Rational Resources scheme. My changes would likely be enough to break half the intent of this mod (to make any/many difficult planets more appealing to visit) but would retain the rest of its intent (to massively help funds farming when and where farming can be done).

As simple as this mod is, it doesn't need to be adopted, unless players want to see gameplay balance changes happen or want it to host configs for more planet packs.

Angel-125's Graviolium is superior in every way to this mod's Unobtanium, especially in that it has more that you can do with it other than just sell for money.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Thanks for the answer. I might adopt - just to update it for those who do use it.

If you do, maybe you could add more metals like copper, silver, and platinum as well?
My thinking being that copper and silver wile not being worth as much as gold or unobtanium are also more common, platinum being less common than gold but more common than unobtanium would act as a middle ground between the two.

3 hours ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

If you do, maybe you could add more metals like copper, silver, and platinum as well?
My thinking being that copper and silver wile not being worth as much as gold or unobtanium are also more common, platinum being less common than gold but more common than unobtanium would act as a middle ground between the two.

I like the idea - and I always appreciate PR's through github.

• 1 year later...

I haven't heard back from @Dewaryet. Hoping I will.

Adopted for curation by @zer0Kerbal

On 3/18/2020 at 1:46 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Greetings @Dewar.

I am asking for your permission to adopt for curation the wonderful mod named "The Gold Standard"; unless somebody did already.

I absolutely love this mod and really want others to enjoy it as well.

Hopefully I hear back from you with an answer, but in case I don't I intend to respectfully proceed as soon as the end of March 2020, as permitted by the license of this mod. I will provide recognition of original authors/maintainers; and I will gladly step aside should you ever want to continue this mod yourself.

I am asking to be added to the mod's Authors on Spacedock so I can update / release. If this is not possible, kindly delete so as to prevent confusion.

A posting on the related Forum thread would be swell along with a public posting in the mod's thread tagging and telling  @HebaruSan about this adoption so CKAN will be smoothly updated.

Thank you kindly in advance!

The Gold Standard: License CC BY-NC-SA 4.080x15.png

SpaceDock-listed-blue.svg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.