[1.10] The Undockinator v1.1.1 - Undock your ships

hab136

On 5/28/2017 at 3:15 AM, NobodyReal said:

With the new version I'm getting multiple toolbar buttons. Seems to be happening on launches and docking, but not every time.

On 6/11/2017 at 1:15 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Same to me.

I had that also with 1.2.2 - nothing suspicious in the log ...

Fresh 1.3 install from scratch with only 1.3 compatible mods.

There were no code changes from 1.2.2, just recompiled.  So if it happened sometimes with 1.2.2, that would make sense.  I'll take a look this week.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2017 at 11:54 AM, hab136 said:

I'll take a look this week.

By "this week" I apparently meant "next month" :o

Anyways, I'm completely unable to reproduce this with 0.2.2 and KSP 1.3.  If you're still seeing this, make sure you're running 0.2.1 (for KSP 1.2) or 0.2.2 (for KSP 1.3).

XDGjQU7.jpg

Confirmed 0.2.2.0 on KSP 1.3. Fresh install with ModuleManager 2.8.1 and no other mods installed.

I'm having trouble finding the log file as instructed here so I'll provide instructions on how to reproduce. This doesn't work 100%, but you should see it after a few tries.

Launch this ship and run it on an angled trajectory until fuel runs out (seems to be more reliable if you try to make orbit, almost never duplicates the button going straight up)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhsmd2nl2ltu6wr/Joey.craft?dl=0 

Revert to launch, get extra buttons.

Edited by NobodyReal

• 3 months later...
On 7/11/2017 at 2:30 AM, NobodyReal said:

Confirmed 0.2.2.0 on KSP 1.3. Fresh install with ModuleManager 2.8.1 and no other mods installed.

I'm having trouble finding the log file as instructed here so I'll provide instructions on how to reproduce. This doesn't work 100%, but you should see it after a few tries.

Launch this ship and run it on an angled trajectory until fuel runs out (seems to be more reliable if you try to make orbit, almost never duplicates the button going straight up)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhsmd2nl2ltu6wr/Joey.craft?dl=0 

Revert to launch, get extra buttons.

I'm not sure how I missed this message, but I did.  I just downloaded the craft and will take a look.

In the meantime, Undockinator 0.2.3 for KSP 1.3.1 is released.  No code changes, just recompiled.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Undockinator v0.3.0 is released!

• Fix the multiple app buttons in stock toolbar (Blizzy's toolbar worked fine already)
  • Add support for the "Klaw" (Advanced Grabbing Unit)
  • Only show one button for one pair of docked ports

PreAttached ports still show both sides; this is a game limitation.  They don't know that they're attached to another docking port.

9fbXJYQ.png

KADBDX7.png

• 3 weeks later...

Undockinator v0.4.0 is released!

• Focus camera on docking port to be undocked
  • Don't remove highlight until button press, window close, or ship change

These changes are intended to make it easier to see which ship will actually be undocked.  Once a docking port is highlighted, the camera will focus on it, and then you can rotate the camera view around if necessary.

Whoops, the .version file wasn't pointing to the right place.  I've updated the .zip file in Github/Curse/SpaceDock.  Anyone using KSP-AVC isn't going to get notifications of the next version (and probably hasn't been getting notifications of previous versions), but after the next version it should work as expected.

• 2 months later...

Sometimes, in early career with simple vessels, the Undockinator throws exceptions - as it wants to find docking ports but there are none ...
And when this happens, it seems it is the reason for the vessel being stuck to the launchpad.

I will test it again without this mod, vessel still on launchpad on game exit.

Edit:

It's most likely that the culprit is TweakScale - sometimes downscaled engines work, sometimes not.

And perhaps the exception thrown by Undockinator is also triggered by that TweakScale bug, who knows?

putting ship to ground: 0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Exception handling event onVesselStandardModification in class Undockinator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Undockinator.Undockinator.scanVessel (.Vessel gameEventVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Undockinator.Undockinator.scanVessel (.Vessel gameEventVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
FlightGlobals:OnVesselEvent(Vessel)
Vessel:Initialize(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
ShipConstruction:AssembleForLaunch(ShipConstruct, String, String, String, Game, VesselCrewManifest, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Orbit, Boolean, Boolean)
ShipConstruction:AssembleForLaunch(ShipConstruct, String, String, String, Game, VesselCrewManifest)
FlightDriver:setStartupNewVessel()
FlightDriver:Start()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Exception handling event onVesselStandardModification in class Undockinator:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

ShipConstruction:AssembleForLaunch(ShipConstruct, String, String, String, Game, VesselCrewManifest, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Orbit, Boolean, Boolean)
ShipConstruction:AssembleForLaunch(ShipConstruct, String, String, String, Game, VesselCrewManifest)

[Asterix TEST 1]: Ready to Launch - waiting to start physics...

So I will see that I use a non-downscaled engine for the first stage and do the test again with Undockinator.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 4 months later...

Great Mod! Thank you!

If I may make one request? Can you find a way to have 'The Undockinator' be able to undock stuck docks? You know, caused by that phantom stuck docking kraken that has been lurking in the shadows since the dawn of Kerbalkind? I believe it is possible, since the issue just seems to be reseting both docking ports to correct happiness settings (aka having Jeb throw a wrench into the gears). and all is right in the world.

Maholo in advance!

Again, great mod and thank you for all your hard work!

On 8/7/2018 at 7:19 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

Great Mod! Thank you!

If I may make one request? Can you find a way to have 'The Undockinator' be able to undock stuck docks? You know, caused by that phantom stuck docking kraken that has been lurking in the shadows since the dawn of Kerbalkind? I believe it is possible, since the issue just seems to be reseting both docking ports to correct happiness settings (aka having Jeb throw a wrench into the gears). and all is right in the world.

Maholo in advance!

Again, great mod and thank you for all your hard work!

I haven't seen stuck docking ports in forever.  There was Stock Bug Fix Modules for 1.1.3 which fixed stuck docking ports, but those fixes got rolled into 1.2.

Are you really seeing stuck docking ports in 1.4?  If so, next time you find one, quit the game and make a copy of the persistent.sfs file so I can test against it.  I can't build a fix for a bug if I can't reproduce the bug.

5 hours ago, hab136 said:

I haven't seen stuck docking ports in forever.  There was Stock Bug Fix Modules for 1.1.3 which fixed stuck docking ports, but those fixes got rolled into 1.2.

Are you really seeing stuck docking ports in 1.4?  If so, next time you find one, quit the game and make a copy of the persistent.sfs file so I can test against it.  I can't build a fix for a bug if I can't reproduce the bug.

The bug was just reproduced on the forums. will see if can find and post here. Thank you in advance!

21 hours ago, hab136 said:

I have a save with the bug. I can KML out everything but the space station in question - how best to get to you? 

On 8/9/2018 at 6:33 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

I have a save with the bug. I can KML out everything but the space station in question - how best to get to you? 

Put the persistent.sfs file on Dropbox or Google Drive or OneDrive or whatever sharing service you want and share the link.  You can just tell me the name of the space station - probably better than modifying the .sfs file and potentially fixing the docking ports.

Edited by hab136

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Undockinator 1.1 for KSP 1.9 is out.  I switched to using ToolbarController; this should eliminate any of the double icons or other weirdness with the app icon.  This does introduce two new dependencies, listed below and on the main page.

I've submitted a request to CKAN to add the dependencies, so they should auto-install.

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.