Space Dock 7 Support Package

Sector 7 Space Laboratories

Space Dock 7 Support Package

I was planning to use an SSTO named Energy Source for delivery of the mobile fuel tanks but I was arriving with too little fuel. I decided to use Rocketry and chose SpaceTech for this Mission. This craft is working and I now have enough fuel to make rendezvous with lots of fuel remaining for the Space Dock's Fuel Transfers. SpaceTech has a Launch Package of a Mobile Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank and also an array of RCS Tanks designed for Mobile Transporting. While En Route for the Mun I noticed the Atomic Rocket Motors were using more fuel than I expected, so I recommend docking Two Mobile Fuel Tanks in LKO if you are planning to place it in the Mun's Orbit.

Space Dock 7 SP

bVSk1kt.png

iEr5C2Y.png

SpaceTech Mobile Fuel

gCXeU8V.png

SpaceTech Mobile RCS

D50bzJv.png

Photo Album

Space Dock 7 SP
Parts: 1894
Mass: 132.985t
Mass with Launcher: 1,585.241t
Height: 40.5m
Width: 45.2m
Length: 45.2m

SpaceTech Mobile Fuel
Parts: 493
Mass: 1,166.143t
Height: 50.7m
Width: 16.1m
Length: 16.8m

SpaceTech Mobile RCS
Parts: 490
Mass: 1,169.143373t
Height: 50.7m
Width: 16.1m
Length: 16.8m

Operations: 
Space Dock 7 SP
At the launch pad engage RCS & SAS, apply full throttle
Near 15,000m reduce speed to about 1/8 for the gravity turn then increase speed as needed to complete Orbit.
Stage the Launcher when fuel has been depleted and contiune to Orbit using the Atomic Motors.
Action Groups: 1-Service Bays 2-Solar Panels 3-Lights 4-Fuel Docking Lights

SpaceTech
At the launch pad engage RCS & SAS, apply full throttle
Near 15,000m reduce speed to about 1/8 for the gravity turn then increase speed as needed to complete Orbit.
Stage the first section of the Launcher when fuel has been depleted.
Stage the second section of the Launcher when fuel has been depleted, at this time you may or may not be in an Orbit.
Decouple Mobile Fuel Tank with or without a pilot, a pilot is needed however you choose to man the craft, by transfer or EVA.
Maneuver the craft to the nose of SpaceTech and dock.
Continue to complete Orbit.

Edited by Castille7

1 hour ago, Majorjim! said:

Man that's awesome! The part count is eye watering though. ;-)

Thank you MJ! and yes it could have been smaller for sure :D. The Space Dock does lag getting on the Launch Pad for me but it's worth the wait and It's been a lot of fun building it. I would like to build a smaller, cleaner looking one with Wing Connectors, I've seen some nice ones on the web but not sure if I will get around to it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.