[1.2]Dump&Burn! - Dump and Burn the Liquid Fuel!

rkfnql322

h660uKA.jpg

Hello again! SAKY came back with new mod- DUMP&BURN!

Download & Source Code : http://spacedock.info/mod/964/Dump%26Burn!

Download from Curse : https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/251763-dump-burn#t1:description

From now we can do dump&burn without any thrust! You don't need to circle the KSC until your heavy craft's fuel run out! No more one-button-instant jettison!

DUMP & BURN mod comes with cool effect, and stock-alike nozzle part.

PQvJcx4.jpg

If your craft carries alot. a lot of fuel, Jettison nozzle is necessary!

c4XmP9j.png

Dump your fuel for safer landing!

Nozzle size can be changed in editor. And jettison can be done with action group! Assign "Open Nozzle" in abort button for emergency!

GC0ee1l.png

Burn your fuel! If nozzle is heated at least 400K, Nozzle will let out some flames than smokes!!! DUMP & BURN!!

Only for initial release, the nozzle has 'heat up' action in action group. Use it for debugging burning effect!

Download & Source Code : http://spacedock.info/mod/964/Dump%26Burn!

Edited by rkfnql322

On 2016. 10. 4. at 0:02 AM, callumrooney98 said:

ive wanted this mod for years :P

Me too. And I just made my own mod. :)

On 2016. 10. 4. at 0:24 AM, Maars said:

this is cool.  nice one dude

Thanks dude. Comments are always welcome.

On 2016. 10. 4. at 2:31 AM, StereotypicalBrit said:

You know what this means right....

1340312956_F-111-Aardvark.jpg

LOL fire fart.

Should I retain the heat up function for easier fire farting?...

On 10/5/2016 at 0:38 AM, rkfnql322 said:

Me too. And I just made my own mod. :)

Thanks dude. Comments are always welcome.

LOL fire fart.

Should I retain the heat up function for easier fire farting?...

I believe that easy fire farting is always important, and having a simple action group to operate it is always useful.

1 hour ago, StereotypicalBrit said:

I believe that easy fire farting is always important, and having a simple action group to operate it is always useful.

Well, I see your point. Since there's so little feedbacks than I expected, Your suggestions counts big.

Maybe I'm gonna keep or improve **FIRE FARTING** more easy or interesting. There will be much more ways to make the mod interesting.

Edited by rkfnql322

10 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Oh YAY! I was originally going to make a mod for this but you beat me to it. (I've been swamped with aircraft carriers).

And mine comes with cool nozzle and effect. Yeah. But I dont know why the mod is not popular than i expected. :(

8 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

How much longer until the 1.2 release?

19 minutes ago, Missingno200 said:

We haven't made any deals yet. Hopefully I'll get a deal. In the meantime I'm going to work on the game fire.

Shortly. Maybe today, or this weekend.

10 hours ago, maybach123 said:

pretty cool although the particle fx consistently happen and there is no way to turn it off or on for me. they even happen in the hangar

Hmm.. Ksp had so many changes and making glitches even from very simple code. I'm still working on it. Maybe I should disable the fx for a while until its fixed.

Edited by rkfnql322

Technically there should be a way to do this with the enginemodule, and not use any special added code module.

1. Make the engine really low ISP (0.001 ISP) and produce only slight thrust (0.1Kn).  This will rapidly burn through fuel with only minimum gain, just like a real jettison module.
2. Set the engine to be non-staged, always full-power, action group toggled.
3. Set effects the way you want them.

I'm not sure but you may be able to simulate negative nozzle heat as well as adding positive trail heat (for the liquid-fuel jettison)

If you want to you can add additional engine modules for oxidizer and monoprop.  These obviously have only the fog/smoke effect.

Another option is to use ModuleResourceConverter to convert fuel into null.

Edited by Ruedii
Moar ideas

• 2 months later...
On 19. 10. 2016 at 8:45 AM, Ruedii said:

Technically there should be a way to do this with the enginemodule, and not use any special added code module.

1. Make the engine really low ISP (0.001 ISP) and produce only slight thrust (0.1Kn).  This will rapidly burn through fuel with only minimum gain, just like a real jettison module.
2. Set the engine to be non-staged, always full-power, action group toggled.
3. Set effects the way you want them.

I'm not sure but you may be able to simulate negative nozzle heat as well as adding positive trail heat (for the liquid-fuel jettison)

If you want to you can add additional engine modules for oxidizer and monoprop.  These obviously have only the fog/smoke effect.

Another option is to use ModuleResourceConverter to convert fuel into null.

i will probably try to do that. but i will just use it for myself or post it on this thread since i will use current part and simlply change its function.

I personally like the idea of an incredibly low power engine, because it's the most realistic.  Basically you are ejecting the fuel without burning or pushing it through a thrust-effective nozzle, hence it is in all behavior a rocket, just one with minimal thrust instead of maximum. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.