[1.2]Dump&Burn! - Dump and Burn the Liquid Fuel!

rkfnql322

On 2017. 1. 8. at 5:04 AM, Ruedii said:

I personally like the idea of an incredibly low power engine, because it's the most realistic.  Basically you are ejecting the fuel without burning or pushing it through a thrust-effective nozzle, hence it is in all behavior a rocket, just one with minimal thrust instead of maximum. 

Many of you have suggested low ISP engine but there was little technical(?) problem so I just used the partmodule overide. The issue with low isp engine was complexity of code. I couldn't find a proper way to change engine mode with condition(heat). And the particle effect is much hard subject. The simplest way I could choose was the way using the partmodule.

• 2 weeks later...

Heat shouldn't be too much of an issue.  Yeah, it should generate heat.   (It does burn).  I'd have to look up the proper way to control the heat, though. 

Particle effects are a little trickier, but I can look into that.

Basically this would allow this with only a simple part.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but when I attach the nozzle to my craft it looks fine in the editor but in flight it's floating a few metres behind my craft, and also the nozzle doesn't do anything when activated other than create the particle effects. I can post my KSP log if you need it.

• 7 months later...

Same here, when I activate the nozzle, the particle effect is visible but no fuel is dumped

Found the fix: change the nozzle size in the editor, the default value wasn't dumping any fuel for me :)

Edited by Fonz

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.