Eco-friendly Space Rocket (RSS)

Hey there intelligent Engineers!

I took a look at the latest rocket designs and realised, that most of them are using kerosine for first stage, which does emit a hell lot of CO2. Then I thought about making a rocket ECO-friendly, and started looking for a propellant, which would fit my needs. And voila! LH2 and LOX or better known as Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxygen. These fluids put together produce H2O, which is very eco-friendly. Luckily LH2 and LOX engines have the highest specific Impulse, and therefore the highest efficiency.

Now I challenge you guys, to build a entirely Eco-friendly Rocket, which can carry a payload into LEO (in RSS ofc.)atleast! The rules are:

• Eco Firendly fuel, like LH2 and LOX
  • No SRB's
  • No kerosine or any kind of enviromentaly harming/unfriendly rocket fuel.
  • RSS (Real Solar System)
  • Rocket has to achieve a minimum orbit of 180 km.

As an example I built an eco-friendly rocket called ECO-1, which can carry around 20t to LEO (approx. 200 km). For the engines I used 6x SSME ( Space Shuttle Main Engine; Aerojet Rocketdyne RS-25 ). Here are some pictures of it:

EOmzhs0.jpg

Jzki6b3.jpg

MbVmmK6.jpg

8az0yu1.jpg

Im excited to see your designs, rockets etc.

Thanks for your attention!

Edited by Karol van Kermin
Just added rules and highlighted some stuff

I have a ton* of rockets with hydrolox as mean of propulsion, unfortunately I don't think I have any without these nasty polluting SRBs... Meh, I'll slap something together quickly (= I'll just remove boosters on a rocket I already have).

*not literally, they actually all weigh a lot more than a ton

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.