[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

2 hours ago, modus said:

Hmm yeah  I'm pretty sure it works on 1.11.

Paging @DoktorKrogg or doctor @RoverDudeto be sure.

Easy enough to try. I'll give it a shot. The reason for this thread is I want to build a bigger refueling station in Kerbin orbit and I want to use some larger weldable ports. I am hoping the SpaceY 5m port can be made weldable (wish they had a 7.5 and 10 port).

Thanks everyone!

Edited by strider3

1 hour ago, strider3 said:

They seem to be for 1.12. Will any work for 1.11? And, if so. Which do you recommend, latest?

Waiting for more of my mods to get updated.

Isn't that like the exact same question you already asked?:sticktongue:

Just try the latest in 1.11 if you don't want to use 1.12.

P.s. lots of mods work in 1.12, don't always rely on the title of the thread.

• 1 month later...

Anybody has any idea what could cause the parts from this mod to disappear from the parts lists in the VAB? It worked before, the last time I checked (admitdly quite a few months ago) and I even have the Clamp-o-Tron Construction Port in one of my stations still working ok.

I have the mod installed by CKAN and I have checked that all its dependencies are also installed and updated. I also reinstalled it using the reinstall option in CKAN.

I checked that the parts have been unlocked in the Tech Tree and I even uninstalled the Janitor's Closet mod just to be sure that it's not filtering out anything. No success though. I can't find any of the PAL parts or the construction ports in the VAB.

I'm on the latest version of KSP and all mods are updated by CKAN. I'd appreciate any help and I can upload the save or a log if needed.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Get the mod from here and grab the latest bleeding edge version.  

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/releases

Thanks a lot for a quick reply. I hope I'm not abusing your patience, but I have a few questions about how to install it, since I always installed everything through CKAN.

1. There are several modules in this package. I guess I should install all of them, not only Konstruction, to keep the cross-compatibility, right?

2. Should I unistall them all from CKAN before I proceed with the manual installation or should I simply copy the new folder over the existing ones?

3. I already have Module Manager 4.2.1 installed in CKAN, so I guess I should not overwrite this DLL (4.1.4) in the root folder, or should I?

Thanks again!

Edited by conao

• 1 month later...

Version 112.0.1 of Konstruction has been released, and the thread has been updated to reflect the updated download location and KSP version supported.  CKAN should also be catching up for those of you who use it.  You can also nab the latest release here:

This is pretty much what was in the bleeding edge releases for 1.11, plus a few small tweaks.  Barring any major issues, this is likely going to be the release we stick with for the foreseeable future, as @DoktorKrogg and I are both neck deep in a new indie game we're both working on :)  

So while we're totally still around and active in the forums and on the USI discord, I would not anticipate any major new USI releases, at least in the short term, though there are still a few major things we both want to knock out (including updating all of the wheels, and some other large system changes).

Lastly, a couple of handy links.  First, the discord server for all things USI (though this also covers our new game as well), and a reminder that I'll be doing a bunch of streaming around game dev (mostly the art side, so Blender, Substance, Unity, etc.). though it's going to be exclusively work on the new game, vs KSP stuff.  

Discord:  https://discord.gg/FNBwUXRgX8

Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/RoverDude

Enjoy!  And make sure to let us know if any bees got into the build process.  If so, we'll do a fast follower in a week or two if necessary to update the releases.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:17 AM, RoverDude said:

Version 112.0.1 of Konstruction has been released, and the thread has been updated to reflect the updated download location and KSP version supported.  CKAN should also be catching up for those of you who use it.  You can also nab the latest release here:

This is pretty much what was in the bleeding edge releases for 1.11, plus a few small tweaks.  Barring any major issues, this is likely going to be the release we stick with for the foreseeable future, as @DoktorKrogg and I are both neck deep in a new indie game we're both working on :) 

Enjoy!  And make sure to let us know if any bees got into the build process.  If so, we'll do a fast follower in a week or two if necessary to update the releases.

Hey @RoverDude and @DoktorKrogg,

Thanks for your great work!

Sorry for the maybe stupid question, but where can I find a full changelog?

I have an ongoing JNSQ (+Kerbalism) game and want to check, if it is save to update.

Just now, RoverDude said:

There's no changelog.  If you were using bleeding edge, it's pretty much the same thing with no other breaking changes.

Hey @RoverDude,

thank you for your fast response!

I used the last "stable" build (on CKAN).

So my only option is to look for the changes in github and then try it, right?

On 5/30/2022 at 3:17 AM, RoverDude said:

So while we're totally still around and active in the forums and on the USI discord, I would not anticipate any major new USI releases, at least in the short term, though there are still a few major things we both want to knock out (including updating all of the wheels, and some other large system changes).

Lastly, a couple of handy links.  First, the discord server for all things USI (though this also covers our new game as well), and a reminder that I'll be doing a bunch of streaming around game dev (mostly the art side, so Blender, Substance, Unity, etc.). though it's going to be exclusively work on the new game, vs KSP stuff.  

Discord:  https://discord.gg/FNBwUXRgX8

Twitch:  https://www.twitch.tv/RoverDude

Hi @RoverDude,

I have the latest Version of KSP and CKAN doesn´t let me install the new version of Konstruction. I don´t know why, but other Mods are also unistallable due to a 1.12.9 rating.

Have you any Idea what the matter is? ( I started just days ago with modding and have only [x] science and Kerbal Engineer Redux installed via CKAN)

Thanks

Morx

Just now, TheMorx said:

Hi @RoverDude,

I have the latest Version of KSP and CKAN doesn´t let me install the new version of Konstruction. I don´t know why, but other Mods are also unistallable due to a 1.12.9 rating.

Have you any Idea what the matter is? ( I started just days ago with modding and have only [x] science and Kerbal Engineer Redux installed via CKAN)

Thanks

Morx

Talk to the CKAN folks.   Neither @DoktorKrogg or I use CKAN, but they are pretty good about sending us pull requests if something is sketchy.

Hi @RoverDude me aigan...

I´ve asked my question in the CKAN section and they told me that Konstruction requires two other mods to run and these mods are not availabe for my KSP version. Due to the fact that one of these mods is also from you, I´d like to ask, if I can run Konstruction without them or can use these mods in its older versions?

y4mHxPr6pfj4TjJJZOLpXjHbPKk36aBZD8KDLAie

Thanks again

Morx

Edited by TheMorx

11 hours ago, TheMorx said:

Hi @RoverDude me aigan...

I´ve asked my question in the CKAN section and they told me that Konstruction requires two other mods to run and these mods are not availabe for my KSP version. Due to the fact that one of these mods is also from you, I´d like to ask, if I can run Konstruction without them or can use these mods in its older versions?

y4mHxPr6pfj4TjJJZOLpXjHbPKk36aBZD8KDLAie

Thanks again

Morx

Your best best is to pull it from the repo in the OP.  If it's included there - it's needed for the mod and will not work without them.

I'm pretty sure that it was meant to be a honest expression of disappointment for the general situation - including one's perceived inability to help. ;)

Because if you, RoverDude, would reveal yourself in any location (disclaimer: inhabited and having sufficiently large players' population), you could well get enough free drinks and anything else for several lifetimes!