[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

so im little confused on some of the abilites with the welding side of things. I was hoping you would be kind enough to clarify for me. Say i have two parts both with docking ports that i intend to weld together does the angle snap allow me to weld them at a different angle? for example the two docking ports are placed on the attachment points as normal, the two parts are 90 degrees to each other (lets say one horizontal one vertical). but i want the vertical part to be connected at say 75 degrees (random number, and yes i know that might leave gaps)  would this be possible with the angle snap or at all.

thanks

I guess there are some weight limitations...:D I tried to grab this rather large (empty) plane with two grabbers, anything works nicely and flush but i think i need some more of them ... excellent mod, i tested the magnetic crane too, works perfect with "normal" loads :rolleyes:

uPVo2nK.png

Edited by Mikki

I just wanted to give this one a go since it looks really awsome, I got the latest version from github, but it seems to logspam my KSP with the following whenever I select a part in the editor:/

JArz8wg.png

Is it "safe" to use anyways or is this something bad? It keeps spamming the log - when I type a letter and submit it to the log it is gone verry fast since those messages apear mltiple times per second.

Cheers.

Edit:

Of course I'm also using the latest built of KSP 1.2 pre. Only other mod would be KER.

Edited by maculator

19 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Every single part - including that hab ring.  Just put your save in another folder, and wait to start a new save on 1.2 when you are ready.  No big deal.

Thanks for the clarfication

Just to be crystal clear, If I delete every ship containing an MKS part, will that maintain compatibility?

Is USI-LS unaffected?

Edited by Bishop149

4 hours ago, Beowolf said:

My compliments, RoverDude! The Konstruction parts are beautiful and I look forward to playing with them.

The construction ports, OTOH, go far beyond pretty & fun. That was a brilliant innovation!

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Wait... with this mod can we make foldable athlete rovers or do we still need IR for that?

That was the original intent - but wheels for now are either deployed or not due to the current wheel code (i.e. it is not particularly happy about moving transforms around).

1 hour ago, maculator said:

I just wanted to give this one a go since it looks really awsome, I got the latest version from github, but it seems to logspam my KSP with the following whenever I select a part in the editor:/

JArz8wg.png

Is it "safe" to use anyways or is this something bad? It keeps spamming the log - when I type a letter and submit it to the log it is gone verry fast since those messages apear mltiple times per second.

Cheers.

Edit:

Of course I'm also using the latest built of KSP 1.2 pre. Only other mod would be KER.

Oh, make sure you grab CRP (I forgot to bundle it).  It works on 1.2

19 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

Thanks for the clarfication

Just to be crystal clear, If I delete every ship containing an MKS part, will that maintain compatibility?

Is USI-LS unaffected?

Sorry not following, can you clarify?  These threads move pretty quick

5 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Sorry not following, can you clarify?  These threads move pretty quick

If for sake of argument I wanted to use my current 1.1.3 save with 1.2 + MKS 0.5 would deleting all ships containing an MKS part be sufficient to maintain compatibility? This might be a feasible option for me without being too game breaking.

What I don't think I could do however is delete every ship containing a USL-LS part, seeing as thats a separate mod I'm hoping that wouldn't be necessary! 

Edited by Bishop149

Yes, you would need to delete every single ship containing MKS parts.  USI-LS also changed... not sure on that one's effect.  Tanks are fine, but it's the other bits (which there are very few of) that would be a problem - i.e. the nom o matics are completely replaced.

45 minutes ago, Kevin Kyle said:

Forgive me if I missed this somewhere. Is the servo window supposed to be open all the time even without any servo stuff or any of the parts from this mod onboard?

If you clicked the icon then yes.  Click it again to turn it off.

7 minutes ago, maculator said:

Okay I don't want to be "that guy" but it's stil spamming my log. I assumed CRP means Community Resource Pack and I got it (like everything from githup, most recent built) :/

huh then something really weird is going on, because that message just is not normal.  Try with no other mods on a clean save?

1 hour ago, maculator said:

Okay I don't want to be "that guy" but it's stil spamming my log. I assumed CRP means Community Resource Pack and I got it (like everything from githup, most recent built) :/

I also had this problem. I took out all my mods except USI's and it didn't happened again. So after that, trying to reproduce, I got everything back, but deleted all of MM's files (configcache, configsha, physics and techtree) minus the main dll and the problem was solved, no more spam. I didn't reported to MM's topic because I already deleted that files, so I couldn't reproduce.

Edited by Crabman

46 minutes ago, Well said:

I also have this problem,

build id = 01574 2016.10.08 at 05:22:51 CEST
Branch: prerelease

Mod Konstruction / CRP / Module Manager

Same here, Konstruction + one or both CRP and MM cause a exception, Konstruktion + PreKIS + PreKAS run nicely. Build 1576

Edited by Mikki