[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

2 minutes ago, aviatorEngineer said:

What about sending an engineer up with konstruction ports using KIS and KAS to manually swap em out? Seems less risky. 

Not a bad idea; I've had KAS/KIS installed for ages, I don't think I've actually used them properly yet!

On 4/19/2018 at 10:52 PM, aviatorEngineer said:

What about sending an engineer up with konstruction ports using KIS and KAS to manually swap em out? Seems less risky. 

Doing this now, and good Christ this is going to take forever. Not helped by stuttering when I'm around my station - probably because of so many parts :P

Also, as a bonus, apparently one of my docking ports is surface attached to a procedural tank, and since Konstruction ports need nodes to work, I'm a tad screwed there. At least it's not attached to anything though; I guess this is my docking port for the station now :P

On 4/22/2018 at 12:50 AM, Jimbodiah said:

Check here, it might help solve the stutter

Or at least help me find the main contributor to it. Thanks!

EDIT: It didn't completely solve it, but it definitely helped, thanks @Jimbodiah!

Edited by Rohaq

recently uninstalled all of my mods and reinstalled them to fix a problem i was having, and now i have another problem.

i get no wrench icon and im unable to deploy/retract my stabilizers in the VAB or when driving the vehicles i make with them.

heres my log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/40e46f849ym5g1i/output_log.txt?dl=0

EDIT: i fixed it by uninstalling the ckan version and installing version 1.2 from spacedock

and now my wheel problem is back, when driving something with the short pal wheels one of the wheels for turning decides it wants to become inverted, so i have to right click the wheel and change it to inverted for it to be right again for a minute or so, then it will switch again and ill have to right click the whell again, etc. etc.

Edited by putnamto

2 minutes ago, tonimark said:

GAME CRASH AT LOADING PLZ FIX

@tonimark How is that going to get any support.. how do you know its this Mod ? it could be your setup or other mods. 

The min required for mod support is copy of logs and screenshot of your game data file as 99% of time its conflict with other mods or how you installed it.

As I use this mod and have no issues what so ever its very likely something your doing causing the issue.

@RoverDude  The front page lists spacedock as a download location, but as far as I can tell, it only has version 0.1.2 (labelled as Konstruction-1.2.zip).  If spacedock isn't getting updated then probably better to remove it from the OP.

Edited by AVaughan

3 hours ago, AVaughan said:

@RoverDude  The front page lists spacedock as a download location, but as far as I can tell, it only has version 0.1.2 (labelled as Konstruction-1.2.zip).  If spacedock isn't getting updated then probably better to remove it from the OP.

I'm sure it is on his task list, but likely way down near the bottom of a very long list, with lots of way more important things further up.

• 2 weeks later...

the parts changing root.

does anybody know exactly what causes it? when testing the docking ports on my surface base it seems to be random, 

in my screenshot(it welded fine this time) the right most MSL was on the left side, and ive moved it to the right side, sometimes the root changes sometimes not(the port was where my mouse is in the screen)
does the KIS/KAS method work? i want to try and attempt it but i havent been able to get the root to change again(just my luck)
is it as simple as EVA'ing a kerbal and just having him swap out the port for another one?

EDIT, forgot the screenshot, and screenshots dont show the mouse, so anyways the offending port is in red, the module i moved is in yellow, and the space it used to be in is green.

JThOHtW.png?1

Edited by putnamto

• 3 weeks later...

Hi RoverDude, I am curious about your ground tethering module, the USI_InertialDampener.

I like this addition as it stops things from rolling around or bouncing upon load or time-warp, so I want to incorporate it into a few other parts via MMcfg.

However I do wonder about its affects more specifically. Since it is on the Akita, a ground vehicle by design, would putting this module on the MK2 cockpit have any adverse affects when flying and activating?

I am thinking of adding it to a few of Planetary Base System's parts since they are ground construction related, and onto other parts that may at some point have wheels or be settled on the ground.

More specifically I noticed that when connecting via ports with KAS to the ground pylon, on low gravity bodies, that the pylon will sort of levitate. Although it is still solid in place it is levitating now, would applying the ground tethering help in such a situation?

Thanks for your hard work and awesome mods!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 10:47 AM, RoverDude said:

KSP VERSION AND KONSTRUCTION VERSION AND SCREENSHOT OF GAMEDATA FOLDER PLZ PROVIDE EVEN BASIC INFO IF YOU EXPECT SUPPORT KTHXBAI

tonimark didn't word it very wisely, but I'm having the same problem.

On load, the game crashes when trying to load the config file for the klaw (other docking ports seem to work fine).

No related exceptions, errors or warnings can be found in ksp.log or output_log.txt, it just quits after "PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Utility/GrapplingDevice/part/GrapplingDevice'".

Other mods seem to be unrelated. KSP version is 1.3.1 and Konstruction version is 0.1.2 I think, if I have to go from the changelog.

3 minutes ago, ExtremeTrader said:

tonimark didn't word it very wisely, but I'm having the same problem.

On load, the game crashes when trying to load the config file for the klaw (other docking ports seem to work fine).

No related exceptions, errors or warnings can be found in ksp.log or output_log.txt, it just quits after "PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Utility/GrapplingDevice/part/GrapplingDevice'".

Other mods seem to be unrelated. KSP version is 1.3.1 and Konstruction version is 0.1.2 I think, if I have to go from the changelog.

Check the Konstruction version please.  It's in the version file.  Make sure you're not running a 1.4 version with 1.3 - the 1.3.1 version is 0.3.0 (and your USITools also has to match)

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Check the Konstruction version please.  It's in the version file.  Make sure you're not running a 1.4 version with 1.3 - the 1.3.1 version is 0.3.0 (and your USITools also has to match)

USI tools is 0.12 (for KSP 1.4.1 apparently), Konstruction is 0.1.2 (for KSP 1.2), and the other USI mods that work fine are ART (0.13 for 1.4.1), Karbonite (same), and WarpDrive (0.10 for 1.4.1)

I'm going to try to update Konstruction and see what happens.

Konstruction is now 0.3.1, it loads without problem but doesn't work yet. I'll try to get every USI mod I have to the right version, I think this might be it! Thanks anyway!

(and @tonimark, try this)

Edited by ExtremeTrader

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 8:57 AM, putnamto said:

the parts changing root.

does anybody know exactly what causes it? when testing the docking ports on my surface base it seems to be random, 

in my screenshot(it welded fine this time) the right most MSL was on the left side, and ive moved it to the right side, sometimes the root changes sometimes not(the port was where my mouse is in the screen)
does the KIS/KAS method work? i want to try and attempt it but i havent been able to get the root to change again(just my luck)
is it as simple as EVA'ing a kerbal and just having him swap out the port for another one?

EDIT, forgot the screenshot, and screenshots dont show the mouse, so anyways the offending port is in red, the module i moved is in yellow, and the space it used to be in is green.

JThOHtW.png?1

Hi putnamto,

Did you manage to get the rerooting done as per:

I got myself in the same mess, but I have like an entire station lined up to be docked, expecting all parts to have the same problem.

@invultri

i never did this on the surface, but in space it seems detaching the part with H(not G) and letting it free float in space, then grabbing and reataching seemed to do the trick for me.

Edit, every time i have done this their has always been another control point on the craft so i dont know if this will work if theirs no probe/capsule, and i dont remember if this is exactly what i did to fix the problem its been awhile, sorry.

Edited by putnamto

2 hours ago, putnamto said:

@invultri

i never did this on the surface, but in space it seems detaching the part with H(not G) and letting it free float in space, then grabbing and reataching seemed to do the trick for me.

Edit, every time i have done this their has always been another control point on the craft so i dont know if this will work if theirs no probe/capsule, and i dont remember if this is exactly what i did to fix the problem its been awhile, sorry.

Thanks! Just to verify: you detached the root part?

52 minutes ago, invultri said:

Thanks! Just to verify: you detached the root part?

well, no, i did the opposite.

like say my konstruction port was the root part, i would detach the whole craft from the port, not the port from the craft.......that make sense?

like, i had my station>structural fueselage>konstruction port(the port being the root part)
i would KAS and detach the structural fuselage, this would cause the port to fall off and free float.....i think

like i said, its been awhile, just do a quicksave right before the final approach and toy around until you find the right combo.

15 minutes ago, putnamto said:

well, no, i did the opposite.

like say my konstruction port was the root part, i would detach the whole craft from the port, not the port from the craft.......that make sense?

like, i had my station>structural fueselage>konstruction port(the port being the root part)
i would KAS and detach the structural fuselage, this would cause the port to fall off and free float.....i think

like i said, its been awhile, just do a quicksave right before the final approach and toy around until you find the right combo.

Ah like that, will try to do that when i get home (and install kis/kas + send a crew). Thanks again.

@RoverDude

Could you maybe improve the error message to indicate if the selected port is the root part or the other?