[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am having other issues and this involves the docking ports (Most notably the Clamp-o-tron Port Sr.

Now when I create a station I use Clamp-otrons on all points include the seciton that is connected to the until that helps get the station part into orbi..

Now then, I get to the station and try to stick this part onto another part where another part also has had a booster attached to it.. Now these two parts should be able to be welded togather and I've tried both the compress parts as well as the Multi-weld with no suck luck.. Also what does the "Reset Acquire do. Hat I'm wondering is really how to put parts onto a station so that you have one long line.. (Apparently It seems either the parts are bugged/Broken or something is up as I can't attach a part to the back end of a station. It's getting rather fustrating as it seems that there's a bug somewhere ein the coding.. but what it is.. I haven't the clue.. Maybe @RoverDude Can enlighten us all on how to work around this issue..

Space_Coyote

Trying out the Konfabricator, is there a reason it only has 1200 max volume?  I expected it to work similar to OSE Workshop where you can pick which inventory the produced item goes into, but as far as I can tell, it can only go into the Konfab, even if a larger volume container is available.

4 hours ago, Kerbex said:

Trying out the Konfabricator, is there a reason it only has 1200 max volume?  I expected it to work similar to OSE Workshop where you can pick which inventory the produced item goes into, but as far as I can tell, it can only go into the Konfab, even if a larger volume container is available.

That's by design.  It's like a 3d-printer.  Just because I have a shipping container next to my desktop 3d printer does not mean I can make something larger than the print bed.

5 hours ago, Kerbex said:

44 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

That's by design.  It's like a 3d-printer.  Just because I have a shipping container next to my desktop 3d printer does not mean I can make something larger than the print bed.

If you don't want that restriction in your game it looks like you can change the volume limit in the part config.

For what it's worth I'm working on OSE Workshop and will probably be implementing some kind of similar volume restriction down the line too. It just doesn't make sense not to unless you head-canon it that the container expands the printer part.

Edited by Alphathon

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, FrontLineFodder said:

The bleeding edge page on the MKS wiki says to look for the construction function in the original docking ports. Is this a 1.12 function or in the next USI update?

USI Update

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, RookFett said:

@RoverDude will the Konstruction parts allow for lifting heavy objects in the new stock construction mode in future updates, as they did with the KIS/KAS mods?   I am running the cutting edge Constellation package, and it doesn't seem to be doing it.

Yep, it will.  Several of the parts have an 'Enable Konstruction' option that tallies up the konstruction bits and weight multipliers, also having an engineer around significantly helps.

42 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Yep, it will.  Several of the parts have an 'Enable Konstruction' option that tallies up the konstruction bits and weight multipliers, also having an engineer around significantly helps.

Will the Konstruction Foreman module be added to any other parts, like the Akita core? Under the old KIS system all of the Konstruction vehicle examples on the wiki would provide a bonus from it being nearby but now none of them would have the Foreman module.

Also how does the Konstruction bonus range work? Is it based on distance from the part with the Foreman module, from the crafts root part, or from individual parts that add bonuses?

6 hours ago, Arrowmaster said:

Will the Konstruction Foreman module be added to any other parts, like the Akita core? Under the old KIS system all of the Konstruction vehicle examples on the wiki would provide a bonus from it being nearby but now none of them would have the Foreman module.

Also how does the Konstruction bonus range work? Is it based on distance from the part with the Foreman module, from the crafts root part, or from individual parts that add bonuses?

For the former, I'll happily take pull requests.  Range would be based on the containing vessel's location.

What determines what a part is made of? I see there is a settings.cfg. From it I gather that each part costs 3x its mass in MaterialKits + 1 Prototypes, if it has a ModuleResourceConverter then 5% of the mass is then SpecializedParts. The thing  I don't understand is how does the KONSTRUCTION_COST_RESOURCE nodes affect the cost? Looking in the konfabricator some parts require other resources and others don't, I'm not sure how this is specified.

Just now, Lach_01298 said:

But how are those costs calculated for each part?

Start with calculating cost of the matkits used for the mass.  Then if there's cost left over, start going through the remaining parts, least expensive till most expensive (SpecializedParts to Prototypes) until the cost is covered.

23 minutes ago, modus said:

So when you build a ship with the Konstructor that has a heat shield it has zero ablator. It's the same logic as with other resources, I get that.

Is there any way (like another mof maybe?) to fill it up with ablator or transfer it?

hmm - good point on that one.  log a github issue, as Konstruction is due for an update anyway.

Hi, I'm starting to play with the new Konstruction features.  I noticed this page https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Bleeding-Edge:-new-and-modified-things. mentions a "Ground shipyard".  Is that still in the plans (or will the orbital shipyard work landed?)  I'm wanting to build entire bases from a seed lander, and the Konfabricator doesn't seem to let me do that.