[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to snap two ships together using Konstruction Ports (Jr). On the original ship i had no Konstruction port, so I sent up a couple in a second ship there with the plan of using the new ksp konstruction system to place one of the ports on teh original ship then docking and welding them.

I have previously done this using KIS without much issues. However i find that using the stock eva construction system i cant move the konstruction ports. I can move solar panels adn other stuff around just fine, but the ports are untoucheable.

Am I missing something ?

4 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

I am trying to snap two ships together using Konstruction Ports (Jr). On the original ship i had no Konstruction port, so I sent up a couple in a second ship there with the plan of using the new ksp konstruction system to place one of the ports on teh original ship then docking and welding them.

I have previously done this using KIS without much issues. However i find that using the stock eva construction system i cant move the konstruction ports. I can move solar panels adn other stuff around just fine, but the ports are untoucheable.

Am I missing something ?

Likely need to set them up as a cargo part with the stock system for EVA construction to work.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NachtRave said:

Looks like CKAN gets stuck trying to download "https://github.com/BobPalmer/Konstruction/releases/download/1.4.0/Konstruction_1.4.0.0.zip" -> I am guessing @RoverDude a github change that removed this release zip?

I confirmed that there are currently no repos at that url.  I believe RoverDude and DrKrogg are rationalizing and reorganizing the USI repos.  I'm afraid if that's the case you'll need a little patience.

Then again, I could be horribly wrong. :blush:

21 hours ago, NachtRave said:

Looks like CKAN gets stuck trying to download "https://github.com/BobPalmer/Konstruction/releases/download/1.4.0/Konstruction_1.4.0.0.zip" -> I am guessing @RoverDude a github change that removed this release zip?

We moved all the USI repos to live under the UmbraSpaceIndustries organization on GitHub (https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries) a couple months ago. Most of the .version files were updated to reflect that move at the time but it looks like Konstruction and Malemute both were overlooked. I just now pushed out updates to those two repos to fix that. Not sure how long it will take for that to be reflected in CKAN tho.

5 hours ago, planeticegaming said:

I have tried using this for 1.12.2 but as soon as the save file opens all of the Command pods are gone. nothing else just everything in the command pod tab

pls help

I can say with absolute certainty this has nothing to do with this mod.

11 minutes ago, planeticegaming said:

I tried it on my Unmodded version and the same thing happens so it has to be konstruction, as soon as the mod is gone it works, 

(Ckan doesn't work either for it)

Given that nobody else is having this issue and that this mod does zero things with command pods other than add them, I respectfully disagree.  There's some detail not being shared.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 9:39 AM, RoverDude said:

Given that nobody else is having this issue and that this mod does zero things with command pods other than add them, I respectfully disagree.  There's some detail not being shared.

I'm just saying i have an issue with this mod and this is the only mod I could find that welds docking ports together.

I just want to be able to expand my space station in more than 5 fps

(also i am using the latest version of ksp and version 1.7.3 of konstruction/the latest version)

Edited by planeticegaming

Well, I think you should at least provide a log file and mod list for the smart people here.

Also, the latest version of all USI mods is bundled here (don't get scared by the words 'unstable' and 'bleeding edge' :wink:) or, just for Konstruction here (but personally I'd use the first one and delete the mods you don't want)

In this case I would say that the KSP log is a good start but it would also be helpful to have the MM cache file and reproduction steps - starting on an unmodded version of KSP, with only Konstruction and its dependencies added.

FWIW I've been using Konstruction with 150+ different mods and never experienced any similar issue myself. But in my experience the responsible party is usually not the mod you think it is but often some other mod installed at the same time, or even a combination of mods (due to weird MM patching shenanigans).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a means to default the storage output for a KF-250 Konstructor to a different part?

I'm using the Unstable Release 112.0.1-bleeding-edge.2 Constellation release. I'd like to build WOLF Depots in situ but they require 18kL volume. A 3.75 Storage Kontainer meets the need, but the KF-250 Konstructor does not see the additional storage and only provides 1.2kL of volume.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 10:33 AM, notthebobo said:

Is there a means to default the storage output for a KF-250 Konstructor to a different part?

I'm using the Unstable Release 112.0.1-bleeding-edge.2 Constellation release. I'd like to build WOLF Depots in situ but they require 18kL volume. A 3.75 Storage Kontainer meets the need, but the KF-250 Konstructor does not see the additional storage and only provides 1.2kL of volume.

Still looking for assistance. Reference the demo ship below, when using the KF25 Konstructor, there is not enough space to build a depot, even when extra storage is attached. Am I using this correctly?

EDITXlNp8hh.png

EDIT: received response in a different thread:

Edited by notthebobo
Received Response in other thread

I wasn't able to find this elsewhere so if it's already been answered, please forgive me.

To get it out of the way: I really appreciate your mods, but mostly they don't suit my playstyle.  Mostly.

I'm attempting to install Konstruction as a stand-alone.  I'm also installing FX because it may contain something Konstruction needs.  The latest versions of Firespitter and Module Manager are already installed.  My problem is USITools seems to install parts of Kolonization which I would not like in my game.  My questions are these:

1. Is USITools innactive without the appropriate mod?
  2. If USITools does change some functionality (Kerbal jobs, for example), is there a way to install Konstruction as a stand-alone?
  3. Would you consider marking things as prerequisites rather than including them?  I see the pros and cons of each but lean towards not including them as a rule - cleaning out 5 versions of Module Manager (mistake made 2 years ago) due to this practice kinda soured me on it.

Thanks for your consideration and please keep up the excellent work.

2 hours ago, TaterRaider said:

I wasn't able to find this elsewhere so if it's already been answered, please forgive me.

To get it out of the way: I really appreciate your mods, but mostly they don't suit my playstyle.  Mostly.

I'm attempting to install Konstruction as a stand-alone.  I'm also installing FX because it may contain something Konstruction needs.  The latest versions of Firespitter and Module Manager are already installed.  My problem is USITools seems to install parts of Kolonization which I would not like in my game.  My questions are these:

1. Is USITools innactive without the appropriate mod?
  2. If USITools does change some functionality (Kerbal jobs, for example), is there a way to install Konstruction as a stand-alone?
  3. Would you consider marking things as prerequisites rather than including them?  I see the pros and cons of each but lean towards not including them as a rule - cleaning out 5 versions of Module Manager (mistake made 2 years ago) due to this practice kinda soured me on it.

Thanks for your consideration and please keep up the excellent work.

USI Tools is just a library.   But one you need with Konstruction.   If it is included it's a prereq, and I get far more pain and suffering when I don't include them ;)

Much appreciated.  Anything I need to do with Kolinization in customize difficulty or feel free to ignore? (Shows up with USITools which is why I came asking for guidance)

I kinda figured on the dependencies.  Had to ask but I understand.  Catch-22 and I'll keep policing my GameData.

Please keep up the excellent work and thanks ahead of time for your reply.

4 hours ago, TaterRaider said:

Much appreciated.  Anything I need to do with Kolinization in customize difficulty or feel free to ignore? (Shows up with USITools which is why I came asking for guidance)

I kinda figured on the dependencies.  Had to ask but I understand.  Catch-22 and I'll keep policing my GameData.

Please keep up the excellent work and thanks ahead of time for your reply.

Nothing if you're not using MKS