[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

Have had a problem in my v. 1.10.1 modded game.  When in the VAB, my staging was gone.  Have tracked it to this mod.  Have used it in the past, but in CKAN, Konstructs makes the staging disappear.

Not familiar with this issue, check the thread.  Really can't support older modded KSP versions.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dlrk said:

Any chance I could get a link to a tutorial RE construction cranes

Some useful links for you; 

36 minutes ago, Andrw said:

Does it work for ksp version 1.12.4? that is what I got

I use it in 1.12.4 

17 hours ago, william201032 said:

how do I install because git hub Cinda does not tell you

Welcome to the forums.

I have no idea what "Cinda" is.

Read the first post (a good rule of thumb before asking for support for any mod) in this thread for a link to the GitHub repository.  Download the .zip file listed there, open the downloaded file, and copy the GameData folder you find there into your KSP directory.  If you're not comfortable with that, you could use CKAN to install and manage your mods.

Edited by Brigadier
Tried to clarify.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:22 AM, Caerfinon said:

Any more info available? None of these mention konstruction points or what the grabbers and magnets do.

10 minutes ago, dlrk said:

None of these mention konstruction points

See: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Bleeding-Edge:-new-and-modified-things. 

They add to the amount of weight that can be manipulated by the engineer in EVA Construction mode

10 minutes ago, dlrk said:

what the grabbers and magnets do

The grabbers can grab parts and the magnets  can attached to magnets placed on a vessel.  Manipulation of the grabbers and magnets is done via the  Servos & Magnets function (the first link in my last post)  

• 4 weeks later...

Given that konstruction seems to be cooking up a replacement to Ground Construction, would it be possible to break off the construction ports (not neccesarily the depreciated models, just the code and MM patch) into a standalone mod, for those of us that use konstruction without the resource chain of MKS?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Varies by gravity - should be something you can see in the config files.

Could you point me more specifically? I looked at all the config files in Konstruction and nothing seemed to correlate konstruction points to mass and gravity

Also, is the mass a kerbal can move based on inflated not packed mass? I have 6 kerbals trying to move a hab from inside a storage container (the ranger hab, which is 1.9 packed) and the max mass is 2.21.

Edited by dlrk

• 3 weeks later...

This tutorial is still relevant to understand the obscure servo UI for cranes, forklifts, etc, almost nothing has changed.

The Akita rover components like the cabin etc are now in a separate mod.

The construction docking ports are just regular docking ports except that once in space you can compress then via the PAW which will delete both ports and attach their outer parts directly to each other.

And the orbital shipyard just prints any vessel you want, using the Konstruction resources. You first need to deploy it using material kits. The vessel will spawn freely floating within 150m range. empty of resources but you can use remote transfer of resources to fill it up. 

I recommend that you simply try out the parts in sandbox mode. There aren't that many.