[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

Hi Brigadier,

tried to switch off reaction wheels with the exception of one ... still started shakeing until one of the ports could'nt hold the torque any longer, broke apart and the unit/block flew away.

Hi Roverdude,

I have mixed 1.3.1. several Near Future mods with USI mods. Is there a chance that they don't like each other ? Tried a similar scenario in a copy of my Ver 1.2.2 game and had the problem thateach time I landed a ship on the mun, it's steering orientation changed and was no longer pointing up into the sky, but soutward to the mun's south pole. After I removed the USI mods everything was ok again. Well I know its 1.2.2 but could it be that both mods have something basic in common which can lead to a conflict situation where both try to change the same parameter with trying to get opposite results  ?

Well of course there is also a more scientific theory than the kraken for this kind problem: One may assume that the Kerbin universe has a parallel universe neighbour with a giantic black hole and due to multi-dimensional quantum fluctuations the black hole is able to create small, instable whorm holes ,  so that the black holes gravity  can cross the border to the kerbin universe and all objects which are big enough suffer then from the big gravitational differnces and ... start shakeing ... ;-)

Ok, let's put the feet back on the ground. I will now play on 1.2.2 with Near Future Mods and on 1.3.1 with the USI mods.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the latest version of this mod, version 0.4.0.0 for KSP 1.4.0, and I am having major issues with the wheels. I made a rover with a crane on top and the lateral deployable wheel legs and every time the wheels touch the ground on Minmus they bounce and fling the entire rover into the air. None of the action menu settings for the wheels seem to have any effect on this, nor does the orientation of the wheels.

Hey Roverdude, thank you for another great mod. The disappearing docking ports are great and are really making me want to rebuild some huge stations I've built that have tons of docking ports. The crane arm is also very nice, especially since I wasn't able to get the latest version of IR to work right for me.

I'm using 0.3.1.0 on KSP 1.3.1. On the magnetic arm the 2 controls for the wrist are not working for me. Neither in editor or launched. All the other controls work fine. The grip arm works fine as well.

Any ideas? Any known mod incompatibilities I may have missed?

Edit: I also can't seem to grab anything with the manipulator arm. Whatever I try to grab squeezes out of the grip. Doesn't matter where I stop the pinch (i.e. how hard/light I grab it)

Edited by shuggaloaf

ive had this mod for a long time and im actually now to the point where i need to use them......but nothing works,  how do i open the gui from the video? my crane and stabilizers only have right click menus for aim and autostrut, my adjustable wheels only have the right click menu of normal wheels, and my magnetic couplers have the right click menu of a probe core.

how do i use this mod?

On 2/16/2018 at 12:55 AM, AtilaElari said:

I should admit, I was wrong and assuming things I shouldn't have - that is, the mod crashes the game even on the clean install. I don't know how to read crash logs, so if anyone could spare a couple minutes to see if there's any obvious reason to that I'd be mighty grateful. Log

I don't understand the question... they just.. work.  But only connect to eachother.

KSP version?  Konstruction version?  Description of the issue?

29 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I don't understand the question... they just.. work.  But only connect to eachother.

KSP version?  Konstruction version?  Description of the issue?

The problem was already solved - the files from SpaceDock which I downloaded without checking the version (you should either update the file there or remove the download lonk from the first post) did not contain CommunityResource folder, and the lack of it was causing the crashes.

3 minutes ago, MerlinsMaster said:

Is anyone having an issue where, after connecting two craft together with construction ports, the two craft come apart for no reason, but the game still thinks it's one craft?

Same questions.  KSP version, Konstruction version.  And have never heard of this issue.

a couple questions.

how do i use the magnets? the crane magnet ignores some parts(the wheezley jet engine) and others it dosent react to them till i turn it to full blast, and when i do the part just flys towards the magnet, hits it, then flies off in a random direction.

also how do i use the inline magnets? the ones built into a chassis? ive tried to pick up a rover with them and the front end of the rover(a command pod) gets pulled to the magnet, but the rest of the rover is immune to magnetism.

and last but not least.......what am i doing wrong here?

i need this for a mission on the mun, but if it bounces around like this on kerbin im afraid it would go into orbit on the mun lol.

oh and ksp version 1.3.1 and konstruction version 0.2.2.0

Hi, @RoverDude

5 hours ago, putnamto said:

it bounces around like this on kerbin

The same thing trying to stand up. 1.4.1 and 0.5.0.0 (1.4.2 and 0.5.0.0 also)

When I copied stowed stabilized in hangar, rotate it and placed on other side it's movement was wrong.

Would you improve Servo Controller for better usability?

Edited by Sebra

somehow ive managed to stop making it bounce, but now the physics are all messed up with the legs, the small wheels are fine, but any of the three bigger legs make the craft bounce like a car on hydraulics as soon as they touch the ground.

On 3/18/2018 at 10:33 AM, shuggaloaf said:

Hey Roverdude, thank you for another great mod. The disappearing docking ports are great and are really making me want to rebuild some huge stations I've built that have tons of docking ports. The crane arm is also very nice, especially since I wasn't able to get the latest version of IR to work right for me.

I'm using 0.3.1.0 on KSP 1.3.1. On the magnetic arm the 2 controls for the wrist are not working for me. Neither in editor or launched. All the other controls work fine. The grip arm works fine as well.

Any ideas? Any known mod incompatibilities I may have missed?

Edit: I also can't seem to grab anything with the manipulator arm. Whatever I try to grab squeezes out of the grip. Doesn't matter where I stop the pinch (i.e. how hard/light I grab it)

Hi Roverdude, I posted this about 3 weeks back and I'm guessing it got missed. I see you've been active on here so I thought I'd ask again. (see quote above). Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The Construction Ports aren't showing up in the parts list for me.  I'm playing career and have the part unlocked in the tech tree (stock) but can't locate them in the VAB or SPH.  I tried uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it via CKAN but still nothing.
|
NVM got it working. Love this mod.

Edited by KSPNoob

Just out of interest, is there any way that the "compressibility" of Konstruction docking ports could be extended to standard docking ports via ModuleManager patches or similar? I had a few stations already constructed before installing Konstruction - mainly because I'd forgotten about the mod, I hadn't played in about a year - it'd be nice to reduce their part count and make them a little sturdier without hacking their parts manually and potentially screwing everything up.

Apologies if this has been asked before!

Edited by Rohaq

Just now, Rohaq said:

Just out of interest, is there any way that the "compressibility" of Konstruction docking ports could be extended to standard docking ports via ModuleManager patches or similar? I had a few stations already constructed before installing Konstruction - mainly because I'd forgotten about the mod, I hadn't played in about a year - it'd be nice to reduce their part count and make them a little sturdier without hacking their parts manually and potentially screwing everything up.

Apologies if this has been asked before!

What about sending an engineer up with konstruction ports using KIS and KAS to manually swap em out? Seems less risky.