Jump to content

[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!


RoverDude
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, AYes said:

what is it? (the white ports)

they are the ones that weld, and are found in  the grouped parts under Konstruction.

the stock ports do not utilize the welding. only the Konstruct ports. the stock are a grey color,while the Konstruction ports are white.

hope this helps

Jammer-TD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, @AYes just to clarify, the white Konstruction ports and the normal grey ports will not only not weld together, but they will not even dock with each other.

 

Keep this in mind.  To dock and weld, both ports must be the white and the same size.

"I'll just always use white ports then!"  You may say.

There are no inline Konstruction ports.  So if you plan on docking anything using the inline ports, you'll still need to use the grey ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DriftNasty said:

Hello RoverDude, 

I installed this for 1.6.1 and everything shows up except the Akita rover parts.

under gamedata/umbraspaceindustries/akita is there in 0.5.0.0, you may want to add the USIcore and USI tools for added parts. I am currently using the akita cab and bed on a small rover I made 2 days ago in 1.6.1.

FYI

Jammer-TD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jammer-TD said:

under gamedata/umbraspaceindustries/akita is there in 0.5.0.0, you may want to add the USIcore and USI tools for added parts. I am currently using the akita cab and bed on a small rover I made 2 days ago in 1.6.1.

FYI

Jammer-TD 

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DriftNasty said:

Hello RoverDude, 

I installed this for 1.6.1 and everything shows up except the Akita rover parts.

 

11 hours ago, Jammer-TD said:

under gamedata/umbraspaceindustries/akita is there in 0.5.0.0, you may want to add the USIcore and USI tools for added parts. I am currently using the akita cab and bed on a small rover I made 2 days ago in 1.6.1.

FYI

Jammer-TD 

 

11 hours ago, DriftNasty said:

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

Ok, I figured out I had to install Community Category Kit. Now the parts are there.

Edited by DriftNasty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jammer-TD said:

under gamedata/umbraspaceindustries/akita is there in 0.5.0.0, you may want to add the USIcore and USI tools for added parts. I am currently using the akita cab and bed on a small rover I made 2 days ago in 1.6.1.

FYI

Jammer-TD 

Oooh, I am SO glad to hear the Akita is functional. It's my FAVORITE compact rover for utility work. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Blackpinned said:

Seems I am unable to see parts in the tech tree. All I see is the PAL magnet. Although it seems I do get the actual parts as I have unlocked the docking port but didn't see it in my unlocked tabs. Any ideas?

I would validate the install as per the mod's, installer info and dependencies, Then::

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does not work in 1.6.1 for me.  Tested with a game with only Konstruction and MM installed.

Did not work for me in 1.5.1 either, but I didn't worry about it much as 1.5.1 and I did not get along.

Crashes during loading.

Last thing I saw on the status bar during launch was "Antenna6"

Player.log -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=11AHiStEn32qWb8-QqpBlZHrkaPGVSByG

KSP.log -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JvnU3YhKZ-ftRDeXdUZgqDZ5ObvPKNAF

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Does not work in 1.6.1 for me.  Tested with a game with only Konstruction and MM installed.

Did not work for me in 1.5.1 either, but I didn't worry about it much as 1.5.1 and I did not get along.

Crashes during loading.

Last thing I saw on the status bar during launch was "Antenna6"

Player.log -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=11AHiStEn32qWb8-QqpBlZHrkaPGVSByG

KSP.log -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JvnU3YhKZ-ftRDeXdUZgqDZ5ObvPKNAF

 

Obvious question.  you tried it on a clean install?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Does not work in 1.6.1 for me.  Tested with a game with only Konstruction and MM installed.

Did not work for me in 1.5.1 either, but I didn't worry about it much as 1.5.1 and I did not get along.

Crashes during loading.

Last thing I saw on the status bar during launch was "Antenna6"

Player.log -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=11AHiStEn32qWb8-QqpBlZHrkaPGVSByG

KSP.log -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JvnU3YhKZ-ftRDeXdUZgqDZ5ObvPKNAF

 

I believe the only release that is going to work right now is the constellation release. As it was the only release so far for 1.5.  Since there were no breaking API changes between 1.5 and 1.6 pretty much all mods for 1.5 also work in 1.6

So for now if all you want is this mod, you'd have to DL the constellation and remove out the parts you dont want, which shouldn't be too hard by comparing the folders between the konstruction mod and constellation.

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Constellation/releases

It's pretty obvious I'm a pretty hardcore fan of @RoverDude and his mods.  It's also safe to say at this current time the state of his mods and threads are kind of a mess, as most individual mods haven't been updated, and many don't know about the constellation release unless they are watching all of these threads all the time.

I'm sure he will get things cleaned up as he finds time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hey guys I just tried using konstruction pal parts and I noticed a button in the servo menu that I'm not sure the purpose of
can anyone explain to me what does the +/-/o button do?

because for me after it gets to "o" it gets stuck for the craft no matter what I press

Edited by alien_wind
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Geonovast said:

What do you mean "Double Construction Port"?

If you take something like a TVR-200 Stack Bi-Coupler and attach construction nodes to the double sides, then dock with a vessel with a similar contraption, then weld one of the docking ports, what would happen?

Edited by Rover 6428
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rover 6428 said:

If you take something like a TVR-200 Stack Bi-Coupler and attach construction nodes to the double sides, then dock with a vessel with a similar contraption, then weld one of the docking ports, what would happen?

I do believe that one set would weld, and the other set would just end up being clipped in.... 

Or the whole thing would explode.

Why don't you try it out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I do believe that one set would weld, and the other set would just end up being clipped in.... 

Or the whole thing would explode.

Why don't you try it out?

so if I launch four vehicles and attach them to the spacestation and click weld on 1 of them(1 port out of the set of four pairs ).. they all weld at the same time(always has worked this way). and it worked fine no explosions.

I have posted pics

FYI 

Jaime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...