[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

The Wiki says the Konstruction Ports are deprecated? This seems odd, is that correct? Also wondering what the Konstruction Points are.

Edited by dlrk

• 1 month later...

Have had a problem in my v. 1.10.1 modded game.  When in the VAB, my staging was gone.  Have tracked it to this mod.  Have used it in the past, but in CKAN, Konstructs makes the staging disappear.

4 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

Have had a problem in my v. 1.10.1 modded game.  When in the VAB, my staging was gone.  Have tracked it to this mod.  Have used it in the past, but in CKAN, Konstructs makes the staging disappear.

Not familiar with this issue, check the thread.  Really can't support older modded KSP versions.

Is there a way to predict the construction cost of a ship from the VAB? Like how many alloys/electronics/etc. it will cost? It seems totally random to me...

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dlrk said:

Any chance I could get a link to a tutorial RE construction cranes

Some useful links for you; 

36 minutes ago, Andrw said:

Does it work for ksp version 1.12.4? that is what I got

I use it in 1.12.4 

17 hours ago, william201032 said:

how do I install because git hub Cinda does not tell you

Welcome to the forums.

I have no idea what "Cinda" is.

Read the first post (a good rule of thumb before asking for support for any mod) in this thread for a link to the GitHub repository.  Download the .zip file listed there, open the downloaded file, and copy the GameData folder you find there into your KSP directory.  If you're not comfortable with that, you could use CKAN to install and manage your mods.

Edited by Brigadier
Tried to clarify.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:22 AM, Caerfinon said:

Any more info available? None of these mention konstruction points or what the grabbers and magnets do.

10 minutes ago, dlrk said:

None of these mention konstruction points

See: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Bleeding-Edge:-new-and-modified-things. 

They add to the amount of weight that can be manipulated by the engineer in EVA Construction mode

10 minutes ago, dlrk said:

what the grabbers and magnets do

The grabbers can grab parts and the magnets  can attached to magnets placed on a vessel.  Manipulation of the grabbers and magnets is done via the  Servos & Magnets function (the first link in my last post)