[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

Can't wait to try this out. The parts look awesome, especially the little rover (you really do live up to your name, Roverdude...).

That welding thing is simply genius. The possibilities...

Thanks for another incredible mod!

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

You're welcome :)

I swear man.. You have a habit of making my other mods obsolete..... and in an amazing way..
raw

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Quick question, my man.. Will this allow a U attachment without problems?  As in two welding ports attached to the same piece sticking to the ship in a U shape, or can we expect any anomlies if trying to weld two ports in such a fashion? (other than the obvious tension on the main structure when one side is shortened by the weld, and the other isnt welded yet)

Edited by Talavar

How are you mounting 3,75m Tundra parts (with Cradle under it) with Konstruction? It is too high to put under PAL and I'm not being able to move it with the forklift.

Edit: Crane is too weak to lift the Tundra part :D But maybe I'll be able to do this on Mun or Minmus, because of gravity. (I'm testing things)

Edited by Crabman

7 minutes ago, Jagzeplin said:

does this mod allow you to create ships outside of KSC like taniwha's EPL?

No. It allows you to more easily join ships together that you built at KSC and launched separately.

Like, launch a miner. Launch fuel storage. Launch a landing pad. Then merge them into a single base on Minmus.

Note: It doesn't make it EASY. It just makes it POSSIBLE. Some assembly required.

I added this change to FlexOTube trying to compress two of them, but I got an error message

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleWeldablePort
	}	

Must weld two connected, weldable docking ports!

Is it possible to make this work with some MM patch, @RoverDude, or is too much trouble?

Edited by Crabman

I see it's possible to merge 2 ports together, but:

Can I weld 4 or 6 docks at the same time? (2-3 pairs) That would make for some interesting designs to say the least.

If not, and I try to merge pairs, one at a time, between two vessels, will the Kraken attack me?

Edited by SlimJim89

10 hours ago, Crabman said:

I added this change to FlexOTube trying to compress two of them, but I got an error message

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleWeldablePort
	}	

Is it possible to make this work with some MM patch, @RoverDude, or is too much trouble?

Flex O Tubes are not docking ports...

Ahoy @RoverDude! Great mod! But I've noticed something weird... I was trying to pick up a Mk1 command pod with the magnet on the crane, so I moved the crane into position and turned on the magnet... and the whole thing flipped over backwards in a way that should definitely not happen. I'll try to get a video of it tomorrow.

Also, the controls on the Akita rover seem to be reversed. When I press W it goes backwards, when I press S it goes forward, when I press A it goes right and when I press D it for left. It doesn't happen for the PAL rover wheels.

It also seems like the crane doesn't have an option to lower the magnet itself. Am I missing something?

Anyway, this is still a great mod :) 

Hi! I've just updated KSP to 1.2 and Konstruction to the last version... but in sandbox I can't see servo parts neither Akita rover's parts, only few parts like Truss and Cradle. In console>database>parts i see all the parts: 4 for Akita and 17 for Konstruction. In career mod I see all the konstruction parts in techTree. What can I do?

PS: this is first time I write here and I know my english is bad... sorry :0.0:

19 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Ahoy @RoverDude! Great mod! But I've noticed something weird... I was trying to pick up a Mk1 command pod with the magnet on the crane, so I moved the crane into position and turned on the magnet... and the whole thing flipped over backwards in a way that should definitely not happen. I'll try to get a video of it tomorrow.

Also, the controls on the Akita rover seem to be reversed. When I press W it goes backwards, when I press S it goes forward, when I press A it goes right and when I press D it for left. It doesn't happen for the PAL rover wheels.

It also seems like the crane doesn't have an option to lower the magnet itself. Am I missing something?

Anyway, this is still a great mod :) 

Start very low.  Work up from there.  Do not just turn it on at 100% or it will flip.

Your Akita control issues are a design issue - look how you are placing your probe core, etc.) or your wheels.

The crane can lower it's magnet via the horizontal/vertical servos.

And thanks!

5 hours ago, manucivi said:

Hi! I've just updated KSP to 1.2 and Konstruction to the last version... but in sandbox I can't see servo parts neither Akita rover's parts, only few parts like Truss and Cradle. In console>database>parts i see all the parts: 4 for Akita and 17 for Konstruction. In career mod I see all the konstruction parts in techTree. What can I do?

PS: this is first time I write here and I know my english is bad... sorry :0.0:

Career or Sandbox?  

8 minutes ago, LeLeon said:

Still the Version 1.2 on Spacedock. Only noticed it because i actually search for an annoying graphical issue in VAB and checked MKS and Konstruction folders by syncing.

There will be a new release today, let's see if it gets sorted.