[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

Hello, believe I'm having an issue, but haven't seen this question from what I've read through this thread (apologies if I missed it).

Are there any know problems when docking a stock Sr. and a Konstruction Sr.? Does it matter that these ports are different?

Example, I have a Med sized tug fitted with a stock Sr. port and am attempting to dock against a Konstruction Sr. port on my new space station (open for future growth). But the ports are just bumping against each other.

So far I've attempted this manually and with MechJeb. In both cases its perfectly aligned (using DPAI) but it just won't connect. SAS turned off for both craft, each are set as targets for the other, controlling from each, etc.

Any suggestions?

Edited by scottadges

15 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Hello, believe I'm having an issue, but haven't seen this question from what I've read through this thread (apologies if I missed it).

Are there any know problems when docking a stock Sr. and a Konstruction Sr.? Does it matter that these ports are different?

Example, I have a Med sized tug fitted with a stock Sr. port and am attempting to dock against a Konstruction Sr. port on my new space station (open for future growth). But the ports are just bumping against each other.

So far I've attempted this manually and with MechJeb. In both cases its perfectly aligned (using DPAI) but it just won't connect. SAS turned off for both craft, each are set as targets for the other, controlling from each, etc.

Any suggestions?

Docking ports and construction ports will never dock (by design)

10 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I wish there was an option to (temporarily) override that.  As it is now, I end up using KAS/KIS to swap the ports when I need to put the "permanent" addition onto my station, or else I have an "adapter" probe nearby.

26 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

I wish there was an option to (temporarily) override that.  As it is now, I end up using KAS/KIS to swap the ports when I need to put the "permanent" addition onto my station, or else I have an "adapter" probe nearby.

My solution is to design the station with a docking section and expansion sections - the docking section gets normal ports, the expansion sections get construction ports.

Or you could just use construction ports everywhere.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Ok, that's good to know! :P

I love all the Konstruction parts and the flexibility. It was more that I thought I was going crazy that I couldn't dock these together. Appreciate your responses!

27 minutes ago, DStaal said:

My solution is to design the station with a docking section and expansion sections - the docking section gets normal ports, the expansion sections get construction ports.

That's a good way to build. I'm definitely doing that going forward. Thanks!

17 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Failing that, Stick a docking port to the front of the construction port and de-couple it when you want to use that post to expand. It's a bit parts inefficient... and you need to be careful when decoupling. 

Though, to be fair, I keep separate docking / expansion sections on most of my stations.

On 23.05.2017 at 8:46 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

Now you tell me. I'm already after like three failed missions to my orbital station where I couldn't dock to it.
Eh, four times a charm.

• 2 weeks later...

the Akita cab wheels seems to be only left hand side wheels.  and seem to drive in reverse by default.  Anyone one know what is going on?

I can reverce the motor Direction on the left hand side and it kinda works. But the rover slowly turns right when under acceleration.

Edited by Infleto

2 hours ago, JackPatt said:

hey, I downloaded this mod in version 1.3 but when I load the game up and search for the parts, only the docking ports come up, need help

need more information to help. How about a screenshot of your gamedata folder to start.

4 hours ago, JackPatt said:

hey, I downloaded this mod in version 1.3 but when I load the game up and search for the parts, only the docking ports come up, need help

Parts in custom categories aren't searchable. Make sure you have CommunityCatagoryKit installed

https://github.com/BobPalmer/CommunityCategoryKit/releases/download/2.0.1.0/CCK_2.0.1.zip

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

I have just built a Crane thing with 4 adjustable wheels.

In the servo giu I have grouped them in pairs, front and back so I can nicely raise and lower the crane by adjusting the wheels.

The only problem is that when I try to use the socket control both wheels rotate anti clockwise, one forward and one backwards. Is it possible to tell the servos that one should be a mirror of the other instead of identical?

I recently started with the USI Constelation and I love it. Thanks RoverDude. I have been using the servo controller window without knowing what does what. After messing about with PAL Stabilizers I was pressing the button next to the current speed several times to stop the movement of a particular channel. Later I couldn't use the group controls anymore. I finally went looking in my savegame to find out why certain channels could be group controlled and others couldn't. I found the GroupBehavior parameter that seemed related. After reading through the source I found the "ServoMonitor.cs" file that seemed to control the Servo Controller window. There seems to be an error where the group behavior button doesn't loop back to + after 0.
Here is an image detailing the group behavior button it sets each axis to: follow the master, inverse master, or ignore master.

http://i.imgur.com/7OmS6Hc.jpg

I am not familiar with git or compiling mods so I can't make a pull request. Here is a code snippet to fix the group behavior button so it should loop back to + after 0. It starts on about line 260:

else if (servo.GroupBehavior == 1)
								{
									if (GUILayout.Button("-", GUILayout.Width(25)))
									{
										servo.GroupBehavior += 1;
										servo.ServoSpeed = 0;
									}
								}
								else
								{
									if (GUILayout.Button("o", GUILayout.Width(25)))
										servo.GroupBehavior = 0;
								}

As long as I was in there I wanted to reorder the buttons move the free/goal button next to the current position, next the group behavior button, and lastly all of the movement buttons together. This is an edited photo showing what I have in mind.

http://i.imgur.com/ULHSuPc.jpg

I rearanged the code in lines 234 - 278 to reorder the buttons. If you like the order here is a link to the updated file:

https://pastebin.com/HxewxdP9

7 hours ago, tomf said:

I'd like the two wheels to rotate around their socket joint in mirror directions rather than as here both rotate in the positive direction.

Try pushing that little plus to the left of the position number (0 in your picture). It should turn into a minus and reverse the direction.

3 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

Try pushing that little plus to the left of the position number (0 in your picture). It should turn into a minus and reverse the direction.

Thanks, I was sure I had pressed every button

• 2 weeks later...
On 23.5.2017 at 8:46 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

Can they be edited to do so? I know there is a way to make all sizes of stock docking ports be compatible to each other at least.

Hey @RoverDude. Installing Konstruction crashes my game and I was hoping to get some assistance with that.

Here's the log and everything: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zwy5nql25yv3jj/2017-07-20_113514.7z?dl=0

And here's a mod list: cpu3oCP.png

I know that's a excrements ton of mods and the folders can have multiple mods in them as well. Let me know if this is not enough. I'll make a list or something then.

All mods are latest versions. Is there anything you see in here that is known to be incompatible with Konstruction?