[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

3 hours ago, KerbalSpaceJockey said:

Ok, I can't seem to insert the link as an album correctly. Here's a plain ol' link - https://imgur.com/a/kR80j

I'm not using Tweakscale. I've just started using mods that add non-stock parts. In addition to Konstruction I'm using KIS, KAS, and Planetary Base Systems.

Ok.  Was just a shot in the dark.  Tweakscale historically has sometimes caused some oddness with parts.

I am trying to use the construction port to connect two stations together. It seems that I am unfortunate enough that one of the docking ports became a root node (could be user error). I have seen talk of using KIS/KAS to fix it with fuel pipes but I do know that will result into laughter when used on vessels in orbit. Is there a docking sequence that I can try to motivate a shift in root node ? Is there something else that could fix this ?

Edit: Yup I goofed in the VAB, the port is the root part.

Edited by invultri

Well I'm haivng a bit of a differnt Issue (and yes I am using 1.31) 

When I install Konstruction the icon for the mod (The wrench ) and the parts) do not show up at all. I think a fix is due to bring this up to 1.3.11 standards. 

Did this kind of research using what I know: 

1:  going to try and downgrade to 1.3.0 and then try again. (Failed)

2: Downgraded to Konstruction 2.2.0 and upgraded the USI tools to 10.1 (Works fine)

3. Upgraded back to 1.31  Installed Konstruction 3.0.0 Then Installed 10.1 on the USI Tools (No Icons and fails)

Conclusion. Working with 1.30 and Konstruction 2.20 works fine even with the 10.1 update

However, when Upgrading to 3.0.0 the icons don't show up, the items are not there (Not even the rover pars.. so ergo, the end result is that either USI Tools 10.1 isn't communicating with Konstruciton 3.0.0 opr Konstruction 3.0.0 wassn't quite compiled correctly..

(That's all I can come up with at this point

Edited by Space_Coyote

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought... 

On 11/21/2017 at 9:29 AM, RoverDude said:

Oh it's easy enough to prevent accidental welding, just more of an issue of people griping because they can't weld a construction port to a non construction port... at which point I expect there would be a request for 'all things weldable' followed by us going completely in a circle :D

Why not make Construction Ports a recolor?  That might eliminate some of the visual confusion until you decide on the docking issue. And every time you dock with crossed types, you would be reminded that this is a) Not a stock dock, and b) not a permanent dock.  That combined with allowing docking across types would probably solve the problem, since much of it stems from identical parts having non-identical functions and uses.

5 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Just a thought... 

Why not make Construction Ports a recolor?  That might eliminate some of the visual confusion until you decide on the docking issue. And every time you dock with crossed types, you would be reminded that this is a) Not a stock dock, and b) not a permanent dock.  That combined with allowing docking across types would probably solve the problem, since much of it stems from identical parts having non-identical functions and uses.

Construction ports are already a recolor of the default ports...

I realize the day after Christmas is not the best time to ask for tech support, as most of us are probably in a post-Christmas recovery coma, but I thought I'd give it a shot. 

I'm having the same issue as Eakton. Is there any solution for this? I have all of the Konstruction parts unlocked from the R&D Lab, but the Construction docking ports and the PAL crane parts are not available in the VAB or SPH. The Akita rover parts are available though. I'm running KSP 1.3.1 and I just redownloaded and installed Konstruction 0.3.0.0 from the GitHub link on the first page of this thread.

Edited by twiget

37 minutes ago, twiget said:

I realize the day after Christmas is not the best time to ask for tech support, as most of us are probably in a post-Christmas recovery coma, but I thought I'd give it a shot. 

I'm having the same issue as Eakton. Is there any solution for this? I have all of the Konstruction parts unlocked from the R&D Lab, but the Construction docking ports and the PAL crane parts are not available in the VAB or SPH. The Akita rover parts are available though. I'm running KSP 1.3.1 and I just redownloaded and installed Konstruction 0.3.0.0 from the GitHub link on the first page of this thread.

No promises anyone will get to look at them soon, but most likely the issue can be tracked down with pics of your Gamedata & USI folders, and (possibly needed) a link to your log file.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

No promises anyone will get to look at them soon, but most likely the issue can be tracked down with pics of your Gamedata & USI folders, and (possibly needed) a link to your log file.

No worries, I've made it this far without the construction ports, I'm sure I can survive a bit longer. :cool:

As requested, my GameData folder:

qGGEnRJ.jpg

2e4O23t.jpg

USI Folder

ZQc8Gwg.jpg

Which log file do you want? I searched my KSP install folder and found 100+ *.log files.

On 07/03/2017 at 9:25 PM, maranble14 said:

UPDATE: I have tested the issue with the regular PAL wheels (not the adjustable lateral ones) and the issue is gone. So it appears to be isolated to just that one part. I've also noticed that the the motor on the wheel appears to be spinning even when there's no user input. This appears to be the issue causing the vehicle to flip.

On 13/03/2017 at 2:56 PM, RoverDude said:

@maranble14 - something looks a bit odd with those wheels (specifically the extra deploy option), will have to take a look.

On 28/03/2017 at 7:48 PM, sh1pman said:

I made a short clip about my PAL rover and its crazy wheels. This is hilarious:

BTW, is this a stock issue or a Konstruction issue? It makes the PAL kinda unusable on Eve.

Hi all. Did anyone ever work out why the wheels were doing this. Built a vehicle yesterday anc experiencing exactly the same problem. I even made a vehicle with just a frame and 4 wheels to see same problem on KSP runway.searched the web and forums and could find no, help.

Running 1.3.1. Ckan shows same version numbers on usi mods as the website. I dont run many mods compared to some, but if i have to ill remove all other mods, to see what may be causing it.

Thanks

Edit.

Ran a test this morning. Removed all other mods. Loaded game. Saved game then quit.

Reinstalled konstruction mod and now inly mods i have installed are these.

comummunity catagory kit 2.0.2.0

CRP 0.8.0.0

Firespitter core 7.6.0

Konstruction 0.3.0.0

Module manager 3.0.1

Usi core 0.5.0.0

Usi tools 0.10.1.0

Same result. On runway craft bounces around when on the inline wheels. But whel the craft raise past a point, bouncing and shaking stops. Lower craft down again and shaking restarts.

Ps, one other thing i have just noticed whilst reseaching the issue, in review by koboto games on you tube it shows the pal wheels deploying and stowing in a nice slow fashion similar to the inline wheels. Mine dont, its as if their racing each other to the ground when deploying and racing when stowing. So fast that when deploying it makes the craft jump about 20 feet of the runway. Dont shake on the pals tho when they deployed. Guess its due to craft beying high up. Whether these  two issues are related i dont know but thought id mention it.

Edited by Bionic bulldog
Additional info

On 12/26/2017 at 12:56 PM, twiget said:

No worries, I've made it this far without the construction ports, I'm sure I can survive a bit longer. :cool:

As requested, my GameData folder:

qGGEnRJ.jpg

2e4O23t.jpg

USI Folder

ZQc8Gwg.jpg

Which log file do you want? I searched my KSP install folder and found 100+ *.log files.

I noticed that I was missing a lot more USI parts than just the Construction pack. I was also missing a lot of colonization parts, drills and logistics containers. That motivated me enough to mess around with this.

I decided to try the brute force method of uninstalling all the mods I'm using, then reinstalling just RoverDude's suite of mods. Now I have 4 more categories in the VAB/SPH:  Manufacturing, Logistics, Construction & Kolonization, all the parts I was missing.

Based on the descriptoin for the Community Category Kit "Common parts categories for KSP mods" I'm wondering if the mod was corrupted somehow and it was preventing the missing categories from showing up?

I've since reinstalled the remainder of my mod's and everything seems to be present and accounted for.

@ekaton, try uninstalling the Community Category Kit mod and reinstalling it. Maybe that will resolve your issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 10:46 AM, twiget said:

I noticed that I was missing a lot more USI parts than just the Construction pack. I was also missing a lot of colonization parts, drills and logistics containers. That motivated me enough to mess around with this.

I am having the same issue. So i understand that you fixed it by uninstalling all of your MODS, reinstalling ONLY @RoverDude's suit of MODS. This got it to work when you reinstalled the rest of your MODS?

I just want to confirm that is what you did, I will do the same thing to try and correct this. Before I start ripping my GameData folder apart to try and correct this MOD  (I love building on site and Konstruction MOD is perfect for this. Almost breaks the game for me if I don't have it)

On 12/27/2017 at 10:46 AM, twiget said:

I decided to try the brute force method of uninstalling all the mods I'm using, then reinstalling just RoverDude's suite of mods.

I don't know what it was causing the issue, but it worked. Thanks!

What I did in case it helps anyone else: I removed all the MODs from the GameData folder (be sure to leave the Squad folder :P) I downloaded all the mods I want to use from USI mod suite. Just to be sure I have the newest version. Then ran the game. All was there. Turned off the game and moved the rest of the mods I use back to the GameData folder, and voila! all is there again.

I'm getting the following error:

Spoiler

*****Adding icon for Construction

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Exception handling event onGUIEditorToolbarReady in class USI_ConstructionFilter:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSP.UI.Screens.PartCategorizer.AddCustomSubcategoryFilter (KSP.UI.Screens.Category mainFilter, System.String subFilterName, System.String subFilterdisplayName, RUI.Icons.Selectable.Icon icon, System.Func`2 exclusionFilter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at USITools.BaseFilter.SubCategories () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSP.UI.Screens.PartCategorizer.AddCustomSubcategoryFilter (KSP.UI.Screens.Category mainFilter, System.String subFilterName, System.String subFilterdisplayName, RUI.Icons.Selectable.Icon icon, System.Func`2 exclusionFilter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at USITools.BaseFilter.SubCategories () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventVoid:Fire()
KSP.UI.Screens.<SetInitialState>c__Iterator129:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
KSP.UI.Screens.PartCategorizer:Setup()
EventVoid:Fire()
KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPanels:ShowPartsList(Action)
EditorLogic:SelectPanelParts(Boolean)
EditorLogic:StartEditor(Boolean)
<Start>c__Iterator32:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Output Log

Also when I used the files from the latest Github I was told there was a newer USI Tools available. Got that, still had the same problem. Same result with latest Module Manager. Meh - I'll just MM them into a category in the meantime...

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zyme said:

Here you go. It crashes after I install one or more USI mods. I installed Konstruction first and then MKS for example.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssj84qd4esq2rkp/ksp_output_log.7z?dl=0

I see, that you are using 32-bit version of KSP and run out of memory during load. Run KSP_x64.exe instead.

It's clearly written in the linked post above:

32bit KSP? Keep your memory usage low. The 32bit clients are limited to around 3.3GB of memory in use (it varies--reports show the limit is closer to, or even below, 3GB for Macs, whereas sometimes even 3.5GB survives on Windows). This has nothing to do with how much RAM you have installed; 32bit processes simply have a limited address space, and Unity does not handle allocation errors gracefully: it crashes to desktop. If you're running lots of mods, you're probably near the limit; try removing part-heavy mods and/or installing Active Texture Management in aggressive mode, which will reduce memory usage.

5 hours ago, maja said:

I see, that you are using 32-bit version of KSP and run out of memory during load. Run KSP_x64.exe instead.

It's clearly written in the linked post above:

Oh okay. I have ran the same mods with 32-bit before without any problems and read that 64-bit was buggy to play with.

Will try again then.