[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

31 minutes ago, Jammer-TD said:

so if I launch four vehicles and attach them to the spacestation and click weld on 1 of them(1 port out of the set of four pairs ).. they all weld at the same time(always has worked this way). and it worked fine no explosions.

I have posted pics

FYI 

Jaime

Mind sharing?  This goes against my understanding of multi-docking, which I'm probably wrong on as I don't do it.

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Mind sharing?  This goes against my understanding of multi-docking, which I'm probably wrong on as I don't do it.

well it is "multi" as in they all weld at once when initiated. which by the way isn't about docking. they if connected, act as a fine docking port totally reusable. connect 2 of them and you can make it a permanent connection never to separate again.

and as I stated if you have many pairs connected on the same craft and don't want them to weld you must undock the ones you don't want to weld. the purpose of using these ports was to eventually weld them together.

this works for me to assemble many items then hit weld and poof, they are now a structural addition

hope this helps 

Jammer

I'm looking for the pics ,as I have many "kerbal good times" photos

3 hours ago, Flightologist said:

Does this work with 1.5.1?

oh I'm sorry I forgot to put the details in, this was done using 1.6.1, I have used this in every version of KSP I can think of.

this demo was created last week. all of the mods were up to date, and I would believe if you attach you aren't the root, and the root is the original "root" in the craft that it was attached too. as far as I have found

Hope this helps

Jammer-TD

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that There is a small bug that I found in the Konstruction cection it involcves something about "This part is the root part"

I was trying to dock a seciton of my station together and when I went to "Compress parts" This stated that this is the root part and the pieces did not compress to lock into place..

I'm just curious as to why this is happening

Any ideas

Space_Coyote

You can workaround this if you're in orbit already.  Have an engineer disconnect the main body of the ship/station from the root part using a KAS screwdriver - that is, use the screwdriver on the ship part, not the docking port root part.  The konstruction port will float free and the root part will automatically be reassigned.  Immediately grab the konstruction port and reconnect it to the same spot.  You should then be able to dock and compress as normal.

40 minutes ago, Friznit said:

You can workaround this if you're in orbit already.  Have an engineer disconnect the main body of the ship/station from the root part using a KAS screwdriver - that is, use the screwdriver on the ship part, not the docking port root part.  The konstruction port will float free and the root part will automatically be reassigned.  Immediately grab the konstruction port and reconnect it to the same spot.  You should then be able to dock and compress as normal.

ahh good to know. thanks for that info

Jammer-TD

• 2 weeks later...

The following are not operating for the PAL Magnetic Manipulator. They do however function correctly for the PAL Manipulator Claw. The WristLateral is functioning for both parts.

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleServo
		menuName = Wrist Tilt
		transformConfig = WristVertical,-90,0,0,90,0,0,.01,0,0
	}

MODULE
	{
    		name = ModuleServo
		menuName = Wrist Rotate
		transformConfig = WristRotator,0,0,-180,0,0,180,0,0,.01
	}

KSP Version: 1.6.1.2401

Konstruction Version: 1.1.0.0

So I have a quick question.

Sometimes I have two construction ports, and they just *won't connect*.  Snap angle and flag have the same setting, everything is lined up nicely, the ports are pressed hard into each other, and... nothing.  I click 'Reset Aquire' madly... nothing.  I try turning Port Force all the way up, and... nothing.  (Or in fact on one occasion, the ports push *away* from each other, as if an axis is flipped...)

Is that normal?  Am I being an idiot?

15 minutes ago, ChrisF0001 said:

So I have a quick question.

Sometimes I have two construction ports, and they just *won't connect*.  Snap angle and flag have the same setting, everything is lined up nicely, the ports are pressed hard into each other, and... nothing.  I click 'Reset Aquire' madly... nothing.  I try turning Port Force all the way up, and... nothing.  (Or in fact on one occasion, the ports push *away* from each other, as if an axis is flipped...)

Is that normal?  

so just to be sure, you have selected one part as "control from here" and the other as target? and this happens.. if so could you post a log? do the stock ports work correctly?

Edited by Jammer-TD
added help instructions

55 minutes ago, Jammer-TD said:

so just to be sure, you have selected one part as "control from here" and the other as target? and this happens.. if so could you post a log? do the stock ports work correctly?

One is the control point, the other the target, yes.

The log is currently full of:

[EXC 20:45:28.601] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDockingNode.<SetupFSM>m__13 (.KFSMState st)
    KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode)
    KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM ()
    ModuleDockingNode.Update ()
[EXC 20:45:28.623] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDockingNode.<SetupFSM>m__3 ()
    KerbalFSM.FixedUpdateFSM ()
    ModuleDockingNode.FixedUpdate ()

...page after page of it.  ...Er, what is the procedure for posting an entire log file again?...

EDIT - Oh, yes, stock ports appear to work correctly.  I'll just try some other construction ports and see what happens...

Further Edit: Other construction ports work as expected.  I *suspect* the issue is that one half of the pair had just been constructed with GC - completely exiting and reloading the game may be able to clear it, possibly.  I've had some success with that before!

Further Further Edit: ...I guess that was indeed the issue.  Leave the ports touching each other with the snap set as desired, exit the game entirely, start KSP again, reload the scene, and a moment later they connected.  At least there's a workaround!

Edited by ChrisF0001

Hi

I'm running KSP 1.6.1 and I've got  Konstruction 1.1.0.0

My problem is that the seat for the Akita rover appears not to have any crew capacity, so I can't 'launch' it with a Kerbal in. Even if I drive another Kerbal to it and try and climb in, I can't do that.

I've got the USI mods, the Near Future ones, MechJeb and MoarDv's Avionics loaded

Has anyone else seen this issue?

20 minutes ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

Hi

My problem is that the seat for the Akita rover appears not to have any crew capacity, so I can't 'launch' it with a Kerbal in. Even if I drive another Kerbal to it and try and climb in, I can't do that.

I've got the USI mods, the Near Future ones, MechJeb and MoarDv's Avionics loaded

I believe it's always been that way, just like it used to be with the stock External Command Seat.  In the past those couldn't be launched with crew either.

I have been known to put the AES Pod on the front of an Akita-based rover if I *really* needed a Kerbal there at launch - or indeed attach the pod + Kerbal to the back of the rover with a tiny decoupler if I really wanted to test the seat itself...

22 hours ago, Trung said:

Hello i have a problem. My PAL wheel deloy too fast that my rover jump into sky. How to fix this 

10 hours ago, Trung said:

I know it seems like a long time, but please be patient.  Roverdude not only has a real life completely separate from his volunteer mod development of KSP but also works for Squad and probably has his hands full with KSP 1.7 development.

There are others who may be able to help but you can make it easier for them if you could post a much better description of the circumstances that cause this jump.  Does it happen all the time, even when you put your craft on the runway at KSC? What does your vessel look like?  What versions of KSP and this mod are you using?

Screen shots, or even better a video, showing the problem would be a great start (see below for instructions on how to post pictures).

I'm far from being an expert, but since there haven't been very many users complaining about this, it might be something unique to your use of the wheels or where you're deploying them.  Please read this post for future reference.

Edited by Brigadier

Also: There's several sets of wheels in this mod, and a couple of ways to deploy them.  I remember I had trouble with using the standard animation deploy on Minmus, as it was fairly fast - so I switched to using the controller activated deploy, where you can control the speed.

11 hours ago, Brigadier said:

since there haven't been very many users complaining about this, it might be something unique to your use of the wheels or where you're deploying them

I can corroborate — I've noticed that bug too.  It's with the tall wheel leg things shown in the first image in the thread's OP.  It's shown in a video here, with a response here.

I think the intended use for those wheel legs is to let you carry things underneath with the PAL forklift or magnet, but fortunately, that's not really necessary.  The PAL crane/forklift/grabber parts all provide assistance for KIS: just having one nearby raises the weight limit for what a kerbal can move with KIS, the same as having multiple kerbals standing nearby to help.  So instead of moving parts around with physics, you can move them with KIS, which avoids physics quirks and the confusing PAL Servo Controller UI.

Edited by Wyzard

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2019 at 7:46 PM, RealTimeShepherd said:

Hi

Same for me. I can jump around, climb and jump on seat, no board possible.

I have 104 mods. Perhaps i do check, what mod causes this or i don't do that and take another rover. Haven't noticed this issue in the last longer game i played around KSP 1.2-1.3 with 90% of the same mods i use now. Seems for me the external seat is broken too. Soooo...

Edited by LeLeon