RoverDude

[1.3] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets! [0.1.3]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Norcalplanner said:

Don't forget "glorious", "this makes me happy", and "I'm a sucker for a good animation". :)

And who could leave out the "I'm a huuge fan of stock alike mods" :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who's already tried this mod. Do you think it can substitute Infernal Robotics for the most part? I have very little experience with the latter (usually restarted my career too soon), but my understanding is that IR may be overkill for 99% of your usual tasks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, garwel said:

For those who's already tried this mod. Do you think it can substitute Infernal Robotics for the most part? I have very little experience with the latter (usually restarted my career too soon), but my understanding is that IR may be overkill for 99% of your usual tasks.

I expect for my uses it will replace Infernal robotics.  That being said there are still places where IR parts would be useful, such as folding scaffolding things on rockets so they fit inside a fairing for launch.  Stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, garwel said:

For those who's already tried this mod. Do you think it can substitute Infernal Robotics for the most part? I have very little experience with the latter (usually restarted my career too soon), but my understanding is that IR may be overkill for 99% of your usual tasks.

I don't see it. IR is useful because of the number of single actuating parts that it has that can be used in various ways. This...while awesome and I am downloading now because Roverdude is like...just too amazing #ModdingBeast I need to play with this...NOW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see .1569 of the pre-release changed something about the wheels, would that affect the wheels from here? The Akita wheels moving up and down when I steer left and right and they just spin when I drive forward but the PAL seem to be working.

Edit: Well the steering was because they were rotated wrong when I put them on but I'm still just spinning the wheels and not going anywhere.

Edited by Secret Squirrel
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roverdude had this problem in stream, too much wheel in touch with the ground, can be a problem of collider. retracted some wheel adjusts the problem

Edited by Well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i found that the small pal wheel does like being on the same design as the long pal wheel, by removing the small pal wheel from the crane stopped the issue ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Don't forget "glorious", "this makes me happy", and "I'm a sucker for a good animation". :)

seriously how could you forget "glorious" it's basically my most used work ... I do love it.

Now for the mod this looks simply amazing (switching it up ... kinda) and I'll definitely be taking a look at it tonight for tomorrows video.  great work as always @RoverDude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh. Hell. Yes!

This looks awesome and will definitely be in my 1.2 save from the start. My 1.1.x save (shameless plug below) frequently saw me launch fully built bases & stations direct from Kerbin, aerodynamics be damned, because there wasn't a satisfactory way to assemble in space (KIS/KAS and IR have come close, and remain excellent, but never quite seemed there - either offering too much or being insufficiently streamlined).

This plus the MKS/USI-LS updates makes me feel my 1.2 save will be the first time KSP is, well, all I wanted it to be.

So happy right now, so ignoring all other KSP drama right now, so thankful to all the wonderful modders & staff & staff/modders past and present right now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kottabos said:

seriously how could you forget "glorious" it's basically my most used work ... I do love it.

Now for the mod this looks simply amazing (switching it up ... kinda) and I'll definitely be taking a look at it tonight for tomorrows video.  great work as always @RoverDude

Just wanted to say - despite the good-natured ribbing your getting here :wink: - thanks: I do learn a lot from your reviews, even those on mods I've been using a while.  It's always good to have everything broken down and all the pieces examined.

(I'll admit I'm wishing I had access to using the collapsible docking ports from either this or DSEV in-game at the moment, so I'll be watching just to drool as well.  :wink: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Just wanted to say - despite the good-natured ribbing your getting here :wink: - thanks: I do learn a lot from your reviews, even those on mods I've been using a while.  It's always good to have everything broken down and all the pieces examined.

(I'll admit I'm wishing I had access to using the collapsible docking ports from either this or DSEV in-game at the moment, so I'll be watching just to drool as well.  :wink: )

 This is how i learn about almost every mod i use  bar  soylent and deep freeze! Much appreciated, and if your in finland ill ger you a beer! Same goes for roverdude

Edited by Space Kadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2016 at 7:59 PM, RoverDude said:

Download Links

Use any of the links below to download this mod, or pick it up via CKAN.

zGVS35q.png     JGB3aUC.png   

Source Code and Change Log

zTVRNvJ.png     lgLg46q.png

Donation Info!

If you like what you see, and want to help out (or just buy me a beer!), please consider donating, either via PayPal or Patreon.  

M9m07Qw.png    jQeqsVo.png

License Information

  • Configuration files and code are licensed under the GPL v3 license (see attached).
  • Assets, including Models (*.mu) and Textures *.png/*.dds) are All Rights Reserved. If you wish to use any of these assets in your project, just ask nicely :)

I cannot find this on CKAN. I searched the mod and it does not show up. Help me please.

Will this work with KSP 1.1.3?

I usually use CKAN to install USI mods, but how do I install this one without CKAN? It has two folders: USI tools and Konstruction. Im not sure what to do with the USI tools folder as it has flags and stuff unique to the mod. Please help me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

I cannot find this on CKAN. I searched the mod and it does not show up. Help me please.

Will this work with KSP 1.1.3?

I usually use CKAN to install USI mods, but how do I install this one without CKAN? It has two folders: USI tools and Konstruction. Im not sure what to do with the USI tools folder as it has flags and stuff unique to the mod. Please help me.

CKAN won't show mods that aren't listed as compatible with the version of KSP you're running, and this will not work with 1.1.3.  You need 1.2.  That is likely your problem.  I'd tell you how to manually install - but I don't think it would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DStaal said:

CKAN won't show mods that aren't listed as compatible with the version of KSP you're running, and this will not work with 1.1.3.  You need 1.2.  That is likely your problem.  I'd tell you how to manually install - but I don't think it would help.

From the SpaceDock page:

 

Game Version: 1.1.3

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

CKAN won't show mods that aren't listed as compatible with the version of KSP you're running, and this will not work with 1.1.3.  You need 1.2.  That is likely your problem.  I'd tell you how to manually install - but I don't think it would help.

Tell me where to put the files, I will probably understand and it will be helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SpaceDock page is misleading - You have to give a version of KSP that's compatible in SpaceDock, but it doesn't yet allow 1.2 as one of the choices.

I'm not giving you the directions on where to put the files because you might try to follow them - and in doing so break the rest of your USI installs.  :wink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@InfiniteAtom Roverdude released this for testing in 1.2 PRE. It will not work properly, if at all, in 1.1.3.  A "beta" mod in a pre-release version is not the time or place to learn how to manually install mods. Also I'm assuming that your 1.1.3 install is your main and only install. In this case, the 1.2 pre is not for you either because it will break many of the mods you have installed there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tarheel1999 said:

@InfiniteAtom Roverdude released this for testing in 1.2 PRE. It will not work properly, if at all, in 1.1.3.  A "beta" mod in a pre-release version is not the time or place to learn how to manually install mods. Also I'm assuming that your 1.1.3 install is your main and only install. In this case, the 1.2 pre is not for you either because it will break many of the mods you have installed there. 

Dude, I have over 500 hours of experience with KSP. Its not that I dont know how to install mods its that I need to know where to put the tools folder. That is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You put it in the same place it was contained in the download. It's a direct copy into the GameData folder.  Just like ALL of Roverdude's mods and pretty much every other mod. Good luck. :kiss:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

You put it in the same place it was contained in the download. It's a direct copy into the GameData folder.  Just like ALL of Roverdude's mods and pretty much every other mod. Good luck. :kiss:

So copy the tools folder and konstruction folder into game data, not the USI folder? Seems easy enough!

Just now, InfiniteAtom said:

So copy the tools folder and konstruction folder into game data, not the USI folder? Seems easy enough!

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lost count of RoverDude mods. The man is a machine.

This looks great - it replaces IR, and complements KAS, KIS and EPL very nicely. Instead of building a base all in one go, build it a section at a time, starting with the most urgently needed modules.

It's worth plugging @Eleusis La Arwall 's Keridian Dynamics fundament part - lay a concrete base festooned with construction ports and fly in or build in situ the modules to place on it. I think it detaches surface mounted parts as it is functionally a launch clamp, but items attached to the central node stay put.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

So copy the tools folder and konstruction folder into game data, not the USI folder? Seems easy enough!

:)

Copy the contents of the GameData folder to the GameData folder. It's very straightforward. 

Edited by Tarheel1999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, InfiniteAtom said:

From the SpaceDock page:

 

Game Version: 1.1.3

Spacedock doesn't have a 1.2 section. As a modder, we can choose to either put the wrong version number in your post, or not use it. RoverDude chose to use it with the wrong version number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Spacedock doesn't have a 1.2 section. As a modder, we can choose to either put the wrong version number in your post, or not use it. RoverDude chose to use it with the wrong version number.

Ok. Why is it not on CKAN though?

16 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

Copy the contents of the GameData folder to the GameData folder. It's very straightforward. 

That is why I said it seems easy enough. Litertally, im saying its easy and like you said, straightforward. I just needed to make sure I was doing it right.

45 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

@InfiniteAtom Roverdude released this for testing in 1.2 PRE. It will not work properly, if at all, in 1.1.3.  A "beta" mod in a pre-release version is not the time or place to learn how to manually install mods. Also I'm assuming that your 1.1.3 install is your main and only install. In this case, the 1.2 pre is not for you either because it will break many of the mods you have installed there. 

Thank you for the warning!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.