RoverDude

[1.3] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets! [0.1.3]

Posted (edited)

The Magnetic Manipulator throws errors when trying to move the wrist at all and the Magno-Pad doesn't work at all, in general a lot of this seems broken, there go my dreams of an orbital construction drone. ;.;

Edited by Raccoon

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Seems like this is in need of an update!

In what way?  Have you tried it and what didn't work?

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Seems like this is in need of an update!

Not really... worked fine in 1.6.x, expect it works fine in 1.7.x given we're pretty good about not breaking APIs...  As noted, is there an issue?

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Not really... worked fine in 1.6.x, expect it works fine in 1.7.x given we're pretty good about not breaking APIs...  As noted, is there an issue?

Yes, magno Pad doesn't work for some reason...

Must be a KAS 1.7 issue I assume...?

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Need a lot more specificity

I believe I know what he is talking about.  @DStaal explained it over in the MKS thread.  KAS has had some major overhauls of parts and in version 1.2 the older parts were dropped completely.

@Kilo60 you can use KAS 1.1 for now which should have all of the legacy parts still intact.

adding  some info to @goldenpsp 's answer. 

@Kilo60 check the KAS thread... Apparently KAS 1.1 needs a recompile to run on KSP 1.7 but it compiles fine from what I can remember reading on that thread.

On KSP 1.6.1 Konstruction +KAS 1.1 work out of the box

TBH, KAS should be irrelevant to this as nothing I do with Konstruction uses KAS....

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

TBH, KAS should be irrelevant to this as nothing I do with Konstruction uses KAS....

Ok I thought you did :)

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 12:46 PM, RealTimeShepherd said:

My problem is that the seat for the Akita rover appears not to have any crew capacity, so I can't 'launch' it with a Kerbal in. Even if I drive another Kerbal to it and try and climb in, I can't do that.

I've got the USI mods, the Near Future ones, MechJeb and MoarDv's Avionics loaded

Has anyone else seen this issue?

I just ran into this and took a look at what made the External Command Seat "special" so it could launch occupied. Turns out you just need to set a CrewCapacity on the Akita and you can launch with it occupied. Just add the following patch somewhere.

@PART[Akita_Seat] { CrewCapacity = 1 }

Edited by Tonka Crash

Posted (edited)

Greetings, I am having a similar issue to ChrisF001 where two construction ports refuse to dock together, no matter what. However, reloading the game did nothing and the construction ports were not made from ground construction. I have searched through the entire log file to see what might be causing this but I could not find a thing.

Here is the log file. Perhaps you can find something I cannot.

Edit: I have worked around the problem. The moment I had turned off the snap options for both of the ports, they connected. I still do not know what caused this however.

Edited by Greymangames

Construction docking ports are not compressing. The option to do so doesn't appear at all.

Angle snap options are also not appearing.

v1.7.2

Edited by remiel.pollard