[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

3 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

my only comment regarding KIS is that while it is an amazing mod I don't think it is reasonable to expect that everything needs to be designed to be assembled in situ. 

Fair enough — but the PAL wheels unfold too fast even if the vehicle is built in the VAB/SPH.  The KIS aspect is tangential and in hindsight I probably shouldn't have mentioned it; that's just the reason why I'd folded the wheels (for assembly) and then needed to unfold them.  The same problem happens if you've launched the vehicle from Kerbin with the wheels folded to fit in a cargo bay or something.

30 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

Fair enough — but the PAL wheels unfold too fast even if the vehicle is built in the VAB/SPH.  The KIS aspect is tangential and in hindsight I probably shouldn't have mentioned it; that's just the reason why I'd folded the wheels (for assembly) and then needed to unfold them.  The same problem happens if you've launched the vehicle from Kerbin with the wheels folded to fit in a cargo bay or something.

Yea, I wasn't ignoring your other question, I just didnt have a sufficient answer to that.

6 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

my only comment regarding KIS is that while it is an amazing mod I don't think it is reasonable to expect that everything needs to be designed to be assembled in situ.

True, I've always preferred Ground Construction for building larger rovers in situ, no need to assemble parts just plop down a DIY kit and build that.

On 1/13/2017 at 2:43 PM, Kobymaru said:

This one does not Jitter:

Reveal hidden contents

2Bud2Tr.jpg

This one Jitters:

Reveal hidden contents

SBBVNXp.jpg

This one Jitters more:

Reveal hidden contents

RAW2P6r.jpg

I conclude that it's something about the wheels. Maybe there are some collider issues or something.

Can you guys reproduce these Results or am I the only one?

I posted on Github but I thought I would post here as well.  I am experiencing the same problem here with jittering as described by Kobymaru.  I created a rover with a docking port on its underside to lift base building components and move them around.  Works really great except if the load is too heavy and/or low to the ground, the rover starts to jitter.  The heavier and lower it goes, the worse it gets.  I am really liking this mod for this purpose but this kind of problem kind of makes it limited to lighter loads.

Also, this is KSP 1.3 with Konstruction 0.2.2.0 via CKAN

Edited by Joker58th

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Fomalhaut said:

Hello, does this mod support 1.3? I know, in the title says 1:3 but my game just keeps crashing.   

Help?

Hi there, first you need to provide *.logs and/or screenshots (if applicable)

second, just saying it crashes is not a lot of information to go on

what are you doing that makes ksp crash? do you get to the main menu, or it crashes while loading? did you install all the dependencies (modulemanager.dll,usi tools etc.)

these are all the details you should include when asking for help if you cant solve the prob by your self

23 hours ago, Fomalhaut said:

Hello, does this mod support 1.3? I know, in the title says 1:3 but my game just keeps crashing.   

Help?

Welcome the forums.

In addition to what dtoxic said, read this thread for more help on how to get help.

How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums

4 hours ago, Fomalhaut said:

Hello, sorry for providing 0 information, I mess up with the log.   

This is the log from the last crash , the game crashes when it's loading at the beginning.  

I'm using 1.3, because some mods are not yet compatible with 1.3.1

hey there, it;s the wrong log you need to provide the one that is the root of your install named (KSP.log)

Start the game, let it crash and then share that log

@Fomalhaut I only gave the log a quick scan so may have missed something:

• You've got multiple copies of ModuleManager installed. Remove all but the latest.

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSPUtil, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

KSPUtil was removed several versions ago (1.2?). This error appears to be associated with IRSurfaceSampler in your case.

• The actual crash is occurring during GameParameters:Save. That's indicative of having a 1.3.1 mod installed on 1.3.0 (or vice versa) that uses the built in settings screens. You seem to have USI Tools v. 0.10 installed but 0.9.3 was the last 1.3 version

2 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@Fomalhaut I only gave the log a quick scan so may have missed something:

• You've got multiple copies of ModuleManager installed. Remove all but the latest.
  • KSPUtil was removed several versions ago (1.2?). This error appears to be associated with IRSurfaceSampler in your case.

• The actual crash is occurring during GameParameters:Save. That's indicative of having a 1.3.1 mod installed on 1.3.0 (or vice versa) that uses the built in settings screens. You seem to have USI Tools v. 0.10 installed but 0.9.3 was the last 1.3 version

Thanks! The problem was USI Tools, I deleted it and it works now!

Edited by Fomalhaut

Been trying to ID an issue, not 100% sure if it is just this mod but thought would ask in case anyone else has encountered it;
The In built search function does not find the parts that are with this mod (other mod parts are included as well). Initially thought it might be "QuickSearch" but bug persists even though that is removed.
Any ideas or suggestions?
I.E. typing "PAL" in, or "USI" or even "truss" does not locate any part of the PAL items, or the truss in the case of "truss".

Edited by Marrv
Prudence

51 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@Marrv Part search only searches the stock categories. Any part that is only in a custom category will not show up in any search.

Any way to edit it so it also searches custom categories as well? Seems like a short sighted design to be honest, especially considering squad has been so open to modding for years.

On 10/24/2017 at 1:49 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

@Marrv Part search only searches the stock categories. Any part that is only in a custom category will not show up in any search.

I'm having a similar problem, however, I can't find the parts at all, search or no search. I'm also not able to find the USI manufacturer button when filtering in that way. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with a change introduced by 1.3.1 that I read about in this post from the Real Chute thread:

I did go into the mod folder and check and a solid chunk of the parts have category set to "none". Not sure if this would explain why I'm not getting a USI manufacturer filter though...

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

@SpacedInvader Try updating USI Tools - the version bundled in the current Konstruction zip is slightly out of date and had an issue relating to custom categories.

CKAN said I already had it, though AVC said otherwise so I updated manually. Anyway, this seems to have fixed the issue, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Idea: weldable construction dock for EPL. Could be used to build an extension of a ship/base, then attach it permanently, disappearing in the process. Could be useful if you want to build a new module for your surface base that is rigidly attached to the rest of it AND attached to the ground with things like pylons or clamps, so cannot be moved to dock. 

Possibly something similar for GC, though that would probably require modifications on their part. 

Edited by MarethyuGamer