[1.12.x] Konstruction! Weldable ports, servos, cranes, and magnets!

RoverDude

10 hours ago, DStaal said:

Could be lots of things - Partcount and mods are the typical culprits, but if those were the same it could be even be something in the background running on your computer.

I've moved to the gameplay forum with this as it could be the Konstruction weldable ports...or auto-strutting or, as you say, something running in the background. It was mentioned there that lots of "open" docking ports can also cause the slowdown...something about them searching to "acquire" another port constantly?

Anyway, thank you much for the suggestions!

• 3 weeks later...

Love the mod, but I need some help. One of the PAL wheels is unfolding to fast, it's the one that looks like half an arch (description = A ruggedized all terrain wheel, can be stowed when not in use). When it unfolds it does so, so fast and/or at the end of the animation it has this spring kick that send this vehicle I made flying in the air, back flipping then explodes when it hits the ground. The other things when unstowed have smooth slow animations. Is there anyway I can fix this? I built a STTO and I need these working to build a Mun colony. Please help! :D

Thomas

Edited by ThomasJoseph

Reading back through the forum, I didn't see any posts referencing it, but does anyone know if the docking port welding plays nice with the Restock/Restock+ changes to the docking ports, or will the 2 mods conflict? Would I end up with 2 sets of docking ports, will it just not work, or will the restock ports gain the welding ability? I'll be starting a new save in a few days and add it then and find out on my own, if no one else knows, just thought I'd ask and see if i could find out ahead of time.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:36 AM, vardicd said:

Reading back through the forum, I didn't see any posts referencing it, but does anyone know if the docking port welding plays nice with the Restock/Restock+ changes to the docking ports, or will the 2 mods conflict? Would I end up with 2 sets of docking ports, will it just not work, or will the restock ports gain the welding ability? I'll be starting a new save in a few days and add it then and find out on my own, if no one else knows, just thought I'd ask and see if i could find out ahead of time.

Sorry, no idea how this interacts with Restock.

9 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Sorry, no idea how this interacts with Restock.

Started a new game last night, and added this to my install, and It does not seem interact at all. You'll have the regular docking ports, and a set of welding ports. I have not yet had a chance to see if a welding port will connect to a regular docking port, or not, as I only just thought of trying it, but even if it doesn't, it's no matter. I don't mind having 2 different sets of docking ports, one for welding/construction, an another set for regular docking.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me, however.

Is there a difference between what a construction port and a sr construction port do once the craft are compressed?  If I attach my station parts with a sr construction port will it be stronger than with a regular construction port after I compress them or is the difference mainly when they are still functioning as docking ports?  Is there any reason to prefer one over the other when you are planning on compressing them?

4 hours ago, Minwaabi said:

Is there a difference between what a construction port and a sr construction port do once the craft are compressed?  If I attach my station parts with a sr construction port will it be stronger than with a regular construction port after I compress them or is the difference mainly when they are still functioning as docking ports?  Is there any reason to prefer one over the other when you are planning on compressing them?

Not once they're compressed.

They are heavier, have a different docking strength, and fit a different profile - but none of those matter once compressed.

1 hour ago, flyfire2002 said:

Hi RoverDude. Thanks for your mod. I'm mostly interested in the construction port parts of this mode. Is there a way I can cut out extra contents from this mod (specifically, the Akita and CommunityResourcePack that came with the mod)?

Your best bet is to look through the part configs.  You can infer from what they need what you can cut etc.

Probably all the ports need are the parts and the DLL, as they don't do anything with resources.

1 hour ago, goldenpsp said:

Your best bet is to look through the part configs.  You can infer from what they need what you can cut etc.

Probably all the ports need are the parts and the DLL, as they don't do anything with resources.

Thanks, gonna check it out

• 2 weeks later...

I can also confirm its safe to remove the entire rover folder.   I dont always use USI mods, but one mod that is present in every playthrough for myself is a personal edit of Toadicus and CptKipards old universal docking ports that i've kept current and modified for Konstruction-welding.   I just keep a version current version of the Konstruction dll in the folder with my mod and everything works fine, which is how I end up here today looking for an update :)   (not pestering, am perfectly willing to wait!)

After several hours of troubleshooting, I am unable to find the source of the problem so I am wondering if any of you might have a possible solution or encountered something similar to this.

Problem: Many of the construction parts including the ports and many of the crane parts cannot be found in the VAB/SPH. For some reason, the Akita rover parts are, however, still present. Before you ask, yes, this issue persists even in sandbox mode so it is not an issue of not having unlocked the tech yet. I am currently running KSP 1.8.1 with Breaking Ground DLC installed.

Things i have tried have included:

- Verifying USI Tools is up to date

- Verifying Konstruction! is up to date

- Verifying CommunityCategoryKit is up to date

- Verifying CommunityResourcePack is up to date

- Running the game with the earlier version of Module Manager that is bundled with the mod (4.1.0) as opposed to the newer version (4.1.3)

I'm a bit inexperienced with mods but i wouldn't know where to start looking since the problem isn't necessarily game breaking since it's not causing any crashes.

Links below are images of my GameData folder that has all my mods.

https://ibb.co/2Zzq08q
https://ibb.co/0s9ZG1c
https://ibb.co/dD5fvFw
https://ibb.co/9qtZrGm

On 3/3/2020 at 12:50 AM, Mr.Rogers113 said:

After several hours of troubleshooting, I am unable to find the source of the problem so I am wondering if any of you might have a possible solution or encountered something similar to this.

Problem: Many of the construction parts including the ports and many of the crane parts cannot be found in the VAB/SPH. For some reason, the Akita rover parts are, however, still present. Before you ask, yes, this issue persists even in sandbox mode so it is not an issue of not having unlocked the tech yet. I am currently running KSP 1.8.1 with Breaking Ground DLC installed.

Things i have tried have included:

- Verifying USI Tools is up to date

- Verifying Konstruction! is up to date

- Verifying CommunityCategoryKit is up to date

- Verifying CommunityResourcePack is up to date

- Running the game with the earlier version of Module Manager that is bundled with the mod (4.1.0) as opposed to the newer version (4.1.3)

I'm a bit inexperienced with mods but i wouldn't know where to start looking since the problem isn't necessarily game breaking since it's not causing any crashes.

Links below are images of my GameData folder that has all my mods.

https://ibb.co/2Zzq08q
https://ibb.co/0s9ZG1c
https://ibb.co/dD5fvFw
https://ibb.co/9qtZrGm

My best suggestion would be to copy your KSP folder to a new location in it's entirety.  Then copy out all of your mod folders (other than Squad, CRP, CCK, Firespitter, USI, and USI Tools).  Make sure you now see the parts.  Then slowly add your mods back in one by one till we find the culprit at which point we can see what we need to sort.

I have this weird issue. I have 2 construction ports, both have the identical settings but for some reason, thay dock slightly off axis.

I'll post some pictures when i have them

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 4:07 AM, RoverDude said:

My best suggestion would be to copy your KSP folder to a new location in it's entirety.  Then copy out all of your mod folders (other than Squad, CRP, CCK, Firespitter, USI, and USI Tools).  Make sure you now see the parts.  Then slowly add your mods back in one by one till we find the culprit at which point we can see what we need to sort.

Thanks for replying Roverdude. I took your advice and copied my KSP folder into a new location and deleted all the mod folders in GameData except for the ones you mentioned. I then launched the game in that folder, started a new career in sandbox, and verified the other mods I had removed were not present. The problem is still persisting with the Akita rover parts being present but not the construction ports and a handful of the crane parts. At this point, i dont think it is a mod conflict issue. 

On 3/17/2020 at 4:44 PM, Mr.Rogers113 said:

Thanks for replying Roverdude. I took your advice and copied my KSP folder into a new location and deleted all the mod folders in GameData except for the ones you mentioned. I then launched the game in that folder, started a new career in sandbox, and verified the other mods I had removed were not present. The problem is still persisting with the Akita rover parts being present but not the construction ports and a handful of the crane parts. At this point, i dont think it is a mod conflict issue. 

hmm, at a loss then to be honest if you're on a clean install?

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: problem solved, see below.

Also seeing this problem of parts not appearing, I'll keep investigating.

Only parts showing for me:

Akita Bed (Akita_Bed)

Akita Cab (what the Akita_Wheel is titled for some reason)

Akita Command Seat (Akita_Seat)

Akita Core (what Akita_Cab is titled)

Cradle 2.5

Cradle 3.75

PAL Humpback Truss (PAL_Hump)

PAL Ladder (PAL_Ladder)

PAL Multi-Mount Truss Segment (PAL_Multimount)

PAL Truss (PAL_Truss)

PAL Wheel (PAL_MiniWheel)

Pal Wheel (PAL_Wheel)

Not Showing:

PAL_Claw

PAL_Counterweight

PAL_Crane

PAL_Forklift

PAL_Gripper

PAL_Magnet

PAL_Magpad

PAL_Stabilizer

Clamp-O-Tron Construction Port Jr.

Clamp-O-Tron Construction Port

Clamp-O-Tron Construction Port Sr.

Edited by münambulist

17 minutes ago, münambulist said:

Also seeing this problem of parts not appearing, I'll keep investigating.

Only parts showing for me:

Akita Bed (Akita_Bed)

Akita Cab (what the Akita_Wheel is titled for some reason)

Akita Command Seat (Akita_Seat)

Akita Core (what Akita_Cab is titled)

Cradle 2.5

Cradle 3.75

PAL Humpback Truss (PAL_Hump)

PAL Ladder (PAL_Ladder)

PAL Multi-Mount Truss Segment (PAL_Multimount)

PAL Truss (PAL_Truss)

PAL Wheel (PAL_MiniWheel)

Pal Wheel (PAL_Wheel)

Not Showing:

PAL_Claw

PAL_Counterweight

PAL_Crane

PAL_Forklift

PAL_Gripper

PAL_Magnet

PAL_Magpad

PAL_Stabilizer

Clamp-O-Tron Construction Port Jr.

Clamp-O-Tron Construction Port

Clamp-O-Tron Construction Port Sr.

Solved - I was using the SpaceDock version, which is hopelessly out of date (version 0.1.2!); when I downloaded the GitHub version (1.3.0.0) everything is grand.

On 3/17/2020 at 3:44 PM, Mr.Rogers113 said:

I was seeing the same issue - check that you are actually running the latest from GitHub, I was running the one on SpaceDock and it is actually out of date.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, kekoviolet said:

Does this still work with 1.9.X?

The weldable docking port works fine in 1.9.1. I didn't use the others parts but I didn't notice any error either.

Edited by Li0n

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a crosspost from MOLE here, but I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to MM patch out the docking nodes there as they overwrite the USI ones, and the weld sets the Kraken loose with them.

Playing on 1.8.1, Konstruction 1.3 from CKAN and the latest WBI from Github.

Edit: Sorted it, clean MM and Konstruction install, I'm an idiot.

Edited by Deathninja

I have a problem with the collapsable ports, I have two identical ports, perfectly docked and I get a message saying they cannot be welded or collapsed, anyone know what the issue is?

https://imgur.com/a/jvFby7z[/img]

Also, what does the collapse (rotate) button do? It just spins and spins without ever stopping or collapsing when I click it.

What does reset aquire do? Afraid to push it. (Edit: Apparently it does nothing)

This is the part section for the construction port at the nose of the ship (above the inflatable tank) -- I have not found the other port in the save file yet. Is there a flag I can swap to make these be "welded" so I can then collapse them?

rigidAttachment = False

perhaps?

PART
			{
				name = ConstructionPort1
				cid = 4289477152
				uid = 4215592475
				mid = 3942858322
				persistentId = 1454654199
				launchID = 67
				parent = 0
				position = 2.1025538444519043E-05,15.350488662719727,0