[1.2-pre] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.3.0 PRE-RELEASE

IgorZ

Main thread for KIS is located here.

This is a pre-release of KIS for KSP 1.2. Main purpose of it is to find bugs at the earlier stage. Please, avoid using this pre-release in your carrier games since you may damage it badly. Once KSP 1.2 is officially released the compatible KIS version will be released as well. Before it happen you should not assume this version is stable. I'll be very appreciated if you could test this version in your usual playing scenario, and report bugs if any.

Special thanks to @micha who did most of the changes to make this mod compatible with KSP 1.2.

How to install:

• Delete old KIS files. Don't rename them, move or delete them physically. A lot of hard to track problems happen when people think they did everything right to isolate the old version while in fact they didn't :)
  • Download and extract this archive from GitHub. It's a normal KIS v1.2.12 installation except it has pre-release version of binaries.

If you found a bug (or you think you did), please, always add a full `KSP.log` file. This file is located in the root of your game folder. Please, don't confuse it with `output_log.txt` file, this one is useless.

So I'm using latest 1.2 pre, and your KIS release, when starting up ksp I got this:

[LOG 18:19:11.979] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Logger' from assembly 'MiniAVC'
[LOG 18:19:11.981] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Starter' from assembly 'MiniAVC'
[LOG 18:19:11.984] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KIS_UISoundPlayer' from assembly 'KIS'
[LOG 18:19:11.986] Loading UI sounds for KIS...
[LOG 18:19:11.987] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong
[ERR 18:19:11.988] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong

[LOG 18:19:12.017] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/click
[ERR 18:19:12.018] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/click

[LOG 18:19:12.019] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver
[ERR 18:19:12.020] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver

Looks like some files are missing?

Just checked, the files are there.

Edited by Elkram

On 10/6/2016 at 9:23 AM, Elkram said:

So I'm using latest 1.2 pre, and your KIS release, when starting up ksp I got this:

[LOG 18:19:11.979] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Logger' from assembly 'MiniAVC'
[LOG 18:19:11.981] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Starter' from assembly 'MiniAVC'
[LOG 18:19:11.984] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KIS_UISoundPlayer' from assembly 'KIS'
[LOG 18:19:11.986] Loading UI sounds for KIS...
[LOG 18:19:11.987] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong
[ERR 18:19:11.988] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/bipwrong

[LOG 18:19:12.017] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/click
[ERR 18:19:12.018] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/click

[LOG 18:19:12.019] Loading clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver
[ERR 18:19:12.020] Cannot locate clip: KIS/Sounds/attachScrewdriver

Looks like some files are missing?

Just checked, the files are there.

It's a known issue. Not a problem if it only shows up during initial game loading.

On 10/6/2016 at 10:18 AM, IronCretin said:

Your parts don't seem to be updated to the 1.2 categories yet. Will you be putting the containers in the new Payload category?

Most of the parts live in own KIS category. Few of the parts live in "Utility" category which is compatible with 1.2. What categories do you think are wrong?

1 hour ago, ajud said:

I noticed that I can't open inventories while not in VAB or SPH

Works For Me (KSP build 1584, KIS build 1.3.0.0)

EDIT: It might help to supply your KSP.log file...  just saying "it don't work" doesn't give the developer much information to go on.

Edited by micha

17 hours ago, IronCretin said:

The containers. Currently they're in utility, and i wanted to know if the new Payload category might fit them better. It's got fairings, cargo bays, and service bays.

Good idea. I'll play with the new categories and consider moving KIS parts.

5 hours ago, ajud said:

Your log file is flooded with incompatible mods exceptions. I did a quick look but haven't found anything related to KIS/KAS. Please, try testing on a clean setup. As for now many mods are already compatible with 1.2 and can be downloaded from the main branches (including KAS and KIS).

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, flywlyx said:

Is there a way to only display a limit number of crew inventory? I have a single part carrier contains 300 crews, and the right button menu extend all the way to the mun.

There is such feature request but it's not implemented so far.

Btw, this is an old topic for pre-release version. Please, use main thread: