Aerospacer

Kerbin City Restored (patch for 1.8.x - 1.1.x)

Recommended Posts

I installed the mod and the KerbinCity patch on the game version 1.6.1 with the latest version of KerbalKonstract. Everything works, but the road from the city to the airport is partially not there, the bridge goes under water, there is not most of the sections of the bridge from the island to the mainland. Is this somehow corrected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sokol_323 said:

Everything works, but the road from the city to the airport is partially not there, the bridge goes under water, there is not most of the sections of the bridge from the island to the mainland. Is this somehow corrected?

There no underwater bridge, all others was since last version out. We had to live with it, because Kerbin City  is unfinished work of Nothke and community, and this work cannot be modified due to licensing limitations.

We can just a made of addition this by other static parts. Unfortunately, I haven't enouch skill for this.

Maybe anybody can do it or already done it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficulties of translation: the bridge goes under water.:P

I still do not understand how to use KerbalKonstract and add the necessary objects (I wanted to upgrade the cosmodrome at the stock point Boomerang).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 9:37 AM, Aerospacer said:

Of course, no. KerbTown is useless many years.

Kerbin City is just a static object's kit, like KSC++, Kerbin Side, Kosmodrome etc. Need only Kerbal Konstruct (common for any static kit), as pointed in #2 of instruction.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just noticed the whole city shifted so i thought it was a bug but i noticed barriers on the end of the road so i thought "holy crap! someone is finishing KC" Im pretty excited to see what the city will become

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 8:02 PM, OPBlue said:

just noticed the whole city shifted so i thought it was a bug but i noticed barriers on the end of the road so i thought "holy crap! someone is finishing KC" Im pretty excited to see what the city will become

While I would love to see this, I don't think there is planned development. It's been a really, really long time, and nothing has been added, changed, or equivilant. I hope there is more too, but if someone makes more for this, or another city in the same place, I would download it quick-like.

I too don't know how to use KerbalKonstruct to make a city personally, but I would like to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually know how to use KerbalKonstructs to build bases and I am learning how to make Add'on's so maybe I could bring it back and maintain it once i have the proper knowledge of licenses and that stuff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 10:20 AM, OPBlue said:

I actually know how to use KerbalKonstructs to build bases and I am learning how to make Add'on's so maybe I could bring it back and maintain it once i have the proper knowledge of licenses and that stuff.

 

I would love to see the results of your works. To be fair, any cities would be nice to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemens, this question has already been discussed many times. Just read all OP for some information. Currently we are not have ability the continue or maintain THIS project due to licensing restrictions, so best solution - is New Kerbin City, totally new.

For THIS Kerbin City we can only releasing the patches, for restore working in new KSP builds, or even for new object addition.

If You ready - welcome and feel free. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

Gentlemens, this question has already been discussed many times. Just read all OP for some information. Currently we are not have ability the continue or maintain THIS project due to licensing restrictions, so best solution - is New Kerbin City, totally new.

For THIS Kerbin City we can only releasing the patches, for restore working in new KSP builds, or even for new object addition.

If You ready - welcome and feel free. :)

See this is the problem when you get a license if it is all right's reserved. because if you don't maintain it, it can be like a patent if ou create a new item. after a while if you don't keep up or renew the license then it would expire.  I mean grated the old Kerbin city was a good model set, don't get me wrong, but if a person abandons a project it should have the right to be maintained or improve don by someone else. as long as the original person who created this was given credit..

 

So yeah that's why I don't like mods that are All right's reserved.. it limits the ability to expend and with every new update that comes out (Like today's Breaking Ground" DLC),. it can make it harder for the person who created this to maintain it, and if they are not skilled in coding or the ability to make bodels then it does eventually vanish..

 

And so Good By KErbin City, .. you were a good model but now it's tie for someone to create something else..

 

Also on a side note can swe get roads that adhere to the terrain? The ones in KSC__ look like they need an overhaul!

 

Space_Coyote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this straight.. if it what I am reading into this..

We can't use the old Kerbin city (Due to the restrictions set upon by the original developer and his short sightedness of people who might be intersted in people keeping the city up and maintining the program..

So, we tear down the old city and rebuild it with anew one..

(Seems fair enough)

But could I make a suggestion about the raod sytem.. and this is just a suggestion nothing ore..

Can we get some rather good raodwork from New  Kerbin city to say the KSC center? Also what about the possibilty of building other new city locations on the map? I mean the one thing I see is a lack of "Kerbin Infrastructure while other developers have actually taken enitre locations and have made simple areas into something like major space centers in the real world..

And in fact I got an idea of where to put a second city if it were at all possible and that is along the west coast of the same continent that Kerbin City was Placed on, and it's designation would be called  Kerb Angeles.

just build a new city from scratch there and there is your 2nd city.. after all how hard wold it be to make new assets and import them into say Kerbal Konstructs?

A second Possibility is the ability to take a now what I would call Defunct Mod (if it is abandoned) like the Kerbin Cities Pack and modify it and make a new city on the old location.. with Elements of new assets as well.

But these are just thoughts of my wown and in now way should inlflence the developer on this project.

Space_Coyote

Edited by Space_Coyote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Space_Coyote , now we can not the continue, change, even repost THIS project. The ARR licence directly prohibits doing this, and since the owners of the license are @Nothke (as the organizer) and everyone who has invested part of their work in the project, it can never be continued. We only have the right to issue patches (for its work in the new version). Other patches can be included in these patches, many sites in the city are empty. I would make several buildings, but do not have the ability to modding. It will be more logical to make a new mod with city buildings and other locations. Such mods are made from time to time, but the more there are, the more it slows down the game, and I think this will not change until the release of KSP 2.

Btw, what is raodwork ? My english still not good, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Aerospacer said:

@Space_Coyote , now we can not the continue, change, even repost THIS project. The ARR licence directly prohibits doing this, and since the owners of the license are @Nothke (as the organizer) and everyone who has invested part of their work in the project, it can never be continued. We only have the right to issue patches (for its work in the new version). Other patches can be included in these patches, many sites in the city are empty. I would make several buildings, but do not have the ability to modding. It will be more logical to make a new mod with city buildings and other locations. Such mods are made from time to time, but the more there are, the more it slows down the game, and I think this will not change until the release of KSP 2.

Btw, what is roadwork ? My english still not good, sorry.

Sorry, I made a type.. it's roadwork..  as in roads.. yo know th ething you drive on

 

Space_Coyote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Space_Coyote , when i build the Ghost Road, i use the part from KSC++. I had to tinker to fit all the parts together. And now you can drive on it from the KSC to Kerbin City. It's about 112 km.

If you not like it, not use it.

Edited by Aerospacer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have som modelling skills and i have been looking into some of the beta content of kerbin city, if anyone wants to organize anything just PM me (i check this forum almost daily)

beta image imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/a/GcL2iXw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MiguelTheInventor said:

Can you put the download for 1.1.3 again? :wink:

This patch was initially made for 1.1.2 , so find and install KK for KSP 1.1 , then Kerbin City from Nothke , then patch from this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 8:42 PM, AtleSt said:

I have som modelling skills and i have been looking into some of the beta content of kerbin city, if anyone wants to organize anything just PM me (i check this forum almost daily)

beta image imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/a/GcL2iXw

Hey! I have some limited modeling skills being an architecture student.

I'd love to help you out a little if youre still interested in creating a new city project!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.