Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

UomoCapra

We have amazing news for you, Kerbonauts!!

Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear is ready! We’re polishing the final details of this update and we’ll be releasing it next Tuesday, October, 11th. We’re preparing a big event for its release and we urge to stay tuned for more details. It will be amazing!

This is by far the best update we’ve  developed and you, the community, have been an essential part of it. We can’t thank you enough for helping us with your feedback, your bug hunting and, of course, your support. You are the real heroes of Kerbal Space Program!

We also want to thank our fantastic team of professionals, whose hard work, dedication and passion made this possible!

But this is not all! Here at Squad we’re looking into the future and we have great and ambitious plans for the KSP franchise and even more!

If you’ve been following us closely, you must be aware that we’re growing and we’ve been looking for talent and great collaborators that help us build the next milestone of this franchise. New talents have enrolled in the past few months and they are just as excited as we are. Bringing new talents is allowing us to bring fresh ideas to the plate and we can’t be more excited for what’s coming

There’s an important amount of new content, besides this new update, that we’re currently working on. This includes more free updates, full expansion packs with an incredible amount of new content and much more!

We’re also experimenting with new technologies and platforms to expand the KSP experience towards new horizons.

Furthermore we want to participate in more industry events, because we want to have a closer relationship with our fans. We’ve already participated in Gamescon, Tokyo Game Show and Twitchcon and we’ve met amazing people who have given us lots of insight and ideas. We’re hearing you and we’ll not disappoint you!

We’re are very proud to help foster STEM awareness, education and even (and hopefully) encourage some young talents to pursuit a career in these areas. In Squad we firmly believe that the future of humankind, just like with the kerbalkind, lies in the stars!

We’ll be given more details in future post, so stay tuned and spread the word!

Thank you and happy launchings!

The KSP Dev Team

It's been a great run. I've been playing ever since the beginning. Let's hope that this is not the end of updates for KSP. Thank you so much for tourney work devs. Hope you have had as good as a time as me and thousands if not millions of other people you have inspired.

Edited by BananaTime101

14 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

We’re also experimenting with new technologies and platforms to expand the KSP experience towards new horizons.

Very excited to know what this is (please be VR support, please be VR support, please be VR support!!)

Might be nice to respond to the departure of so many well-known developers. A few words about development going forward? Shift in priorities or strategies? Farewell and thanks to those whose vision and hard work helped get KSP where it is today?

No?

1 minute ago, BananaTime101 said:

It's been a great run. I've been playing ever since the beginning. Let's hope that this is not the end of updates for KSP. Thank you so much for tourney work devs. Hope you have had as good as a time as me and thousands if not millions of other people you have inspired.

There’s an important amount of new content, besides this new update, that we’re currently working on. This includes more free updates, full expansion packs with an incredible amount of new content and much more!

I think you read things wrong? xD

1 minute ago, Avonix said:

Very excited to know what this is (please be VR support, please be VR support, please be VR support!!)

Or the "new horizons" means they're going to do some merger content with Elite: Dangerous... :wink:

2 minutes ago, Perry Apsis said:

Might be nice to respond to the departure of so many well-known developers. A few words about development going forward? Shift in priorities or strategies? Farewell and thanks to those whose vision and hard work helped get KSP where it is today?

No?

There are farewell threads and future development has never been discussed publicly.

2 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Or the "new horizons" means they're going to do some merger content with Elite: Dangerous... :wink:

Oh gosh, the last time I played Elite i looked away from my screen after jumping into a star system and rammed my Eagle into the star.

*shudders*

That's a fate I would never wish on any Kerbal.

Just now, HoloYolo said:

In my opinion expansion packs should not exist. If SQUAD wants to add new features, they can put it in the game. There's no need to make it separate, even if it's free.

Anouncing it as "more free updates, full expansion packs with an incredible amount of new content" makes me think that the scope of the expansions might cost a buck or two, so will have to be separate.

Although including the official asteroid mod into the base game finally would be nice to see.

Just popped in here to see what's going on and I ran into this... happy to see the update being deployed next week, great work guys! :P

For me at least, the wait is not over just yet, I'll be still waiting for some mods I use to update...

Edited by void_error

Just now, KerbMav said:

Anouncing it as "more free updates, full expansion packs with an incredible amount of new content" makes me think that the scope of the expansions might cost a buck or two, so will have to be separate.

Although including the official asteroid mod into the base game finally would be nice to see.

I certainly hope that even if they cost money, that it won't be $15 or something like that. KSP and DLC don't really make sense. I do agree on adding Asteroid Day. I guess after raking in enough money they'll make the DLC stock?

12 minutes ago, SiCaRiO31 said:

I think you read things wrong? xD

Did he really though?  You don't see that many developers leave simultaneously unless a. The development is winding down and ending or b. There was some massive internal strife.

In either case, it seldom turns out well for the game's future.

5 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

I certainly hope that even if they cost money, that it won't be $15 or something like that. KSP and DLC don't really make sense. I do agree on adding Asteroid Day. I guess after raking in enough money they'll make the DLC stock?

15 something can be well worth it depending on the delivered content, and there will always be a sale or drop in price later - but this discussion has been had numerous times, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Just now, KerbMav said:

15 something can be well worth it depending on the delivered content, and there will always be a sale or drop in price later - but this discussion has been had numerous times, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Agreed.

If i get even half the £ to hour ratio as i did with the original game, with the DLC it will be worth it! 

I just hope it is something completely new and t hat could not and has not already been done by mods.

Don't forget, though. I might have read the store thingy wrong, but IIRC if you bought the game before a certain date in April of 2013 (?) you would get all future expansion packs for free.

That being said, I would gladly pay for expansion packs to continue to support this awesome game!

4 minutes ago, worir4 said:

If i get even half the £ to hour ratio as i did with the original game, with the DLC it will be worth it! 

I just hope it is something completely new and t hat could not and has not already been done by mods.

Noticed how the Mechjeb mod development thread was closed by Sarbian who is now working for Squad? Fancy paying to use it again?