Kerbal Space Program 1.2: Loud & Clear release date and more!

UomoCapra

Just now, Foxster said:

Noticed how the Mechjeb mod development thread was closed by Sarbian who is now working for Squad? Fancy paying to use it again?

The day SQUAD releases Mechjeb as a paid mod is the the day i shave my kerbal's mustache.

I seriously doubt the DLC would be anything that could be achieved by mods because then what would stop people from making a similar mod for free?

Just now, worir4 said:

The day SQUAD releases Mechjeb as a paid mod is the the day i shave my kerbal's mustache.

I seriously doubt the DLC would be anything that could be achieved by mods because then what would stop people from making a similar mod for free?

Actually - forget my thought on that - just seen that Sarbian and just about everyone else have jumped ship. 

Just now, Foxster said:

Noticed how the Mechjeb mod development thread was closed by Sarbian who is now working for Squad? Fancy paying to use it again?

Was working at Squad. Fancy carrying on its development yourself?

I do hope that there are no hard feelings and that Sarbian will continue to support Mechjeb and module manager. But I wouldn't ask it of him if the circumstances surrounding the departures are less sunny than the Reddit post suggests.

3 minutes ago, Perry Apsis said:

Was working at Squad. Fancy carrying on its development yourself?

I do hope that there are no hard feelings and that Sarbian will continue to support Mechjeb and module manager. But I wouldn't ask it of him if the circumstances surrounding the departures are less sunny than the Reddit post suggests.

Strange thing that there is no info about this other than a short post on Reddit. If you remember, each person who left made a big message about that. And it was on every media. 

35 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

In my opinion expansion packs should not exist. If SQUAD wants to add new features, they can put it in the game. There's no need to make it separate, even if it's free.

They sold us a game and it's great. I just can't think why should they give free updates forever with no cost. They have to make profits, it's as simple as that. I would gladly pay for a expansion if it is not overpriced (>15$)

Just now, Crabman said:

They sold us a game and it's great. I just can't think why should they give free updates forever with no cost. They have to make profits, it's as simple as that. I would gladly pay for a expansion if it is not overpriced (>15$)

But it is still being sold. The community grows and so do sales. 

Excellent news. I've been playing the preview version (with mandatory no mods) to get out of bad habits that were making me bored (looks at MechJeb sitting in the parts bin) and have been quite chuffed in getting to the Mun and Minmus by manual planning alone.

On and off, I've had great enjoyment out of KSP for years, and would be happy to give it a boost by paying for an expansion pack if it was good.

What's behind the fine words about the future of the game?

I hope everything will be better and better. I really like the version 1.2, but...

I allude to the fact that scares me. When developers are planning to create a something new, they are talking about make new engines, chassis, heat shields, antennas and so on. When developers do not plan to do anything, they talk about the bright future, great prospects and how good that we are all together. Chassis and heat shields must be seen to believe in them, instead of bright future that everyone can fantasize. And if someone doesn't see the greatness of the future and the wonderful prospects, we can say that he simply doesn't understand this.

1 minute ago, Murphyslawyer said:

Excellent news. I've been playing the preview version (with mandatory no mods) to get out of bad habits that were making me bored (looks at MechJeb sitting in the parts bin) and have been quite chuffed in getting to the Mun and Minmus by manual planning alone.

On and off, I've had great enjoyment out of KSP for years, and would be happy to give it a boost by paying for an expansion pack if it was good.

Me too. I just hope they don't use Flying Tiger (who did console ports) to help futher ahead.

Hmm, doesn't it seem a little strange how 8 of the main devs/contributors suddenly leave with no explanation, and then an hour later the words "expansions packs", "excited for what's coming", and "franchise" pop up... I really hope this game doesn't go to hell.

Alright, sure, the whole thing is god and fine. Except the part about (potentially) paid DLC. If it's good for the game and it's still in active development, just put it into the damn game.

8 minutes ago, Andem said:

Alright, sure, the whole thing is god and fine. Except the part about (potentially) paid DLC. If it's good for the game and it's still in active development, just put it into the damn game.

Sales of the same game goes down over time. How they would be still in profit with sales stabilizing?

Thank you for excited announcement.

I'm looking forward to the surprising informations, whether in the near future or the far future.

Then I think that DLC is indispensable to the continuation of KSP. I don't want to see the close of KSP that caused by our begrudging with tens of dollars.

Edited by EBOSHI

Just now, Crabman said:

Sales of the same game goes down over time. How they would be still in profit with sales stabilizing?

Seems like the DLC is more of a money grab then anything else. I mean they are basically tossing this game out.

3 hours ago, Alshain said:

Did he really though?  You don't see that many developers leave simultaneously unless a. The development is winding down and ending or b. There was some massive internal strife.

In either case, it seldom turns out well for the game's future.

The end of the changelog for build 1.2.0.1564 showed something weird.

Edited Monday at 12:03 PM by Supernovy
disregard Claw, acquire Supernovy

I wondered what that meant.